It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope calls for end to fossil fuels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Another populist announcement.

The Vatican are still tight lipped about worldwide child abuse aimed at the church, this announcement will not appease or detract anyone.

edit on 18-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
This is just the start of a major change in the Catholic church that is also tied inextricably to the UN and Agenda 21. It boils down to a complete change in doctrine to a Gaia hypothesis (Earth as God), where the environment and every natural resource must be rationed out for the "greater good" lest we destroy it. It will be the combination of Catholicism and the environmental movement. Their rationale for this remains to be told but there is a great deal of speculation that they intend to reveal we are not alone in the universe.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
In practical terms, it means the pope calls for release without delay of new tech, one may say Disclosure tech. It includes but is not limited to the hydrogen car.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Gothmog

There's always hemp oil.

That's be the encyclical from the Rastafarians.

link   
Where's the controversy or am I missing something?

"The earth, our home, is beginning to look more and more like an immense pile of filth. In many parts of the planet, the elderly lament that once beautiful landscapes are now covered with rubbish. ... Frequently no measures are taken until after people's health has been irreversibly affected."

OH THE NERVE!

"progressively replaced without delay"

WHO DOES THIS HIPPIE THINK HE'S TALKING TO!

Even those who aren't concerned with the condition of our "common home" should see the obvious benefits in replacing fossil fuels with something cheaper/cleaner and ultimately more abundant. Where's the benefit in waiting until the fossil fuel industry has squeezed every dollar out of the ground?

link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

it would be great if it happens before we all die of cancer and pollution. Let alone the hunger in developing world.
I wouldn't call the pope -antichrist, for the good he is doing. By their deeds you will recognize them.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Star Wars Senate would chant: New Chancellor Now!

I would say: DISCLOSURE NOW!

Not after we are long gone, together with all damned theories!

If it is evil, let there be rapture. If not, why should I pay the debt of someone else who would have 3 houses on islands, helicopters, and luxury cars. I don't agree with that! No matter if Bush the brother agrees or not! I live now, and I want my part of the earth's share now!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Practice what you preach, or, lead by example.

I'm soooooo sick of folks with authority telling us mere serfs to "do what's right", while they live lavish lifestyles.

How much electricity does the Vatican use? Where does their heat come from?

Burning wood has now been deemed bad, so where exactly do we get heat from? Cuddled masses?

As a believer in the flying spaghetti monster in the sky, I say cram your political thoughts up your popeness ass!

Preach religion not politics!

The thing is...why should he do it if no one else will? It should be done uniformally on a global scale and immediately because we are passing the tipping point of global warming and once runaway methane release begins (if it hasn't already), then there's no turning back and were F'd! It won't make a difference at all on the global scale if the Vatican turns off the AC until everyone does. We need to get rid of oil and gas reliance and turn to wind and solar. The evidence of the trouble we are in is piling up every single day with more and more news stories of strange sh#@ going on and yet, greed rules! That's too fricking bad because I kind of like life a bit especially since I just brought kids into this F'd up world and I'd like to see them grow up and raise families of their own.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Rezlooper because: misspelled wordd

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
This is just the start of a major change in the Catholic church that is also tied inextricably to the UN and Agenda 21. It boils down to a complete change in doctrine to a Gaia hypothesis (Earth as God), where the environment and every natural resource must be rationed out for the "greater good" lest we destroy it. It will be the combination of Catholicism and the environmental movement. Their rationale for this remains to be told but there is a great deal of speculation that they intend to reveal we are not alone in the universe.

What? No, that's the future the oil companies have us on course for. Think it through: there's a finite supply of fossil fuels and therefore at some point, if mankind doesn't do something, we'll be forced to ration that dwindling supply of crap we're pulling out of the ground. On the other hand, there's solar which is effectively inexhaustible and scalable to the order of something like a Dyson sphere.

edit on 2015-6-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I still vote for the nuclear holocaust, seems everyone wants to give humanity a last chance, and one more then one more. And it would look good in future reference

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Temudjin

Then you have no idea what you are wishing for. I can't believe someone would wish for something catastrophically destructive, not only for the human race, but ALL of life on earth. You should be ashamed of yourself!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I'm soooooo sick of folks with authority telling us mere serfs to "do what's right", while they live lavish lifestyles.

Burning wood has now been deemed bad, so where exactly do we get heat from? Cuddled masses?

As a believer in the flying spaghetti monster in the sky, I say cram your political thoughts up your popeness ass!

The thing is...why should he do it if no one else will?

Because good leaders lead by example. They lead from the front, not the rear, and don't ask people to do what they would not do themselves.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Because good leaders lead by example. They lead from the front, not the rear, and don't ask people to do what they would not do themselves.

Exactly. He reminds of all the people who think the world population needs to be reduced.

Start with yourself.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So can we expect the Vatican to divest itself of all vehicles and start riding donkeys?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
...and start riding donkeys?

You mean riding each other?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Couldn't see how it affects the life of anything else but humans. So let's make it fun, either humanity changes or kaboom.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Agreed NavyDoc, for once we agree on something, but I was just making a point that we urgently need something to happen on a global scale. I'm saying that even if the Vatican does put themselves into the dark ages, they would be one of only a few and not one bit of difference would be made...the Industrialized world will continue on this path of self-destruction.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Because he's the one telling ME how to live. It REALLY gets under my skin when folks with authority tell me how to live while they continue with their lavish ways. Look at Gore, jet setting across the globe telling the world about the DANGERS and DOOM of climate change. His carbon footprint is bigger than some towns, and yet he has the nerve to tell me to be more responsible?

LEAD BY EXAMPLE!

If climate change is indeed as horrible and life threatening as they say it is, why aren't the people preaching the doom doing more to combat the situation? Preaching awareness does NOTHING to combat the situation.

Someone has to start actually doing something about this impending crises, how about we start with the folks that preach the doom?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The Vatican already generates more solar power per capita than any other country in the world. From looking at a few articles, it appears they are going hardcore green.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

This. Also I doubt they teach engineering and physics in Pope school.

What do they teach in Med school Doc?

:-)

Is this concept beyond you?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join