It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope calls for end to fossil fuels

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

A 5000 year old tradition doesnt go away easy when built on ideals and fantasies. But you still have a single function, what you do otherwise i do not care about. A little over a hundred days left! Embrace Jesus!

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The U.S. has the right to pollute because its guns are bigger and its brains are smaller.

/constitutional fact

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Maybe Tony Abbott (PM of Australia) will "shirtfront" the Pope like he "shirt-fronted" Putin!

Respectfully,
EOS

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
A 5000 year old tradition doesnt go away easy when built on ideals and fantasies.

The Catholic Church is not 5,000 years old.

Embrace Jesus!

Nope.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Saturnalia customs are, you live in a fantasy.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Temudjin
Saturnalia customs are, you live in a fantasy.

Considering the Roman Republic was founded between 700-800BCE your math is off.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I can just see the 'pope mobile' being pulled by a team of Monseigneurs, yeah right!
More likely a team of snow white horses, which cost a lot more in upkeep than a single gas motor.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
lmao!!!Hundred percent correcta reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I can't help but feel the Catholic Church, if given the opportunity or given the reigns of power as we've seen in the past, would be just as bad as any corporation or government. With all the silly rules, rituals, funny hats, costumes and their hierarchical structure.

Much of my issue with religion isn't so much peoples personal beliefs but the church structure itself and the manner in which these people impact society when they attempt to force their views on everyone around them. I can't help but feel the Catholic Church is responding to a decrease in church goers in the western world. Attempting to gain popularity by latching onto certain social/economic issues. Time and time again the Catholic Church has sided with the extreme right when capitalism has been challenged. They want us to forget recent history. Like when they backed Pinochet. When they backed the fascist Franco in Spain. When they backed Hitler. I suppose some of it was a reaction to the atheism of Leninist movements

At the same time Catholic priests such as Jose Maria did good things:

en.wikipedia.org...

As have many others I'm sure. It doesn't change the fact that overall, the Catholic Church has a long history of repression. Perhaps due to the subjective nature of their beliefs and the hierarchical structure. Like most organized religions.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join