It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vigorous gas eruption from Ontario golf course pond

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Just wanted to say thanks for your interesting and informative insights.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A little bit more information from our Local paper this morning.

www.lfpress.com...

A state of Emergency has been declared for the area.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Iwinder
a reply to: charolais

Thank you for the update! Very cool that we have a member who is so close

Your welcome, also there is a lot of natural gas in Southern Ontario and the gas fields start about 20/ more like 25 miles to the south.
The only thing out there is the golf course and the Reservation and they own the property.......that said if there were Natural gas avialable in that area there would be no golf course. I'm 55 years old and I played that course for the first time when I was in my early teens so that tells you its been there for a spell.
Regards, Iwinder

Hey Iwinder, so there is fracking in the area? but about 20 miles away. That still may have played a role because that is what's happening in PA.

I went digging today and this is what I found not very deep but it will tell you that yes there is indeed fracking going on or about to.

One link posted below actually mentions a specific interest in the Kettle Point area because of the black shale.

canadians.org...
stopfrackingontario.wordpress.com...
www.vancouverislandwaterwatchcoalition.ca...
www.chathamdailynews.ca...

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Tiz the beginning of the Doomsday Scrolls in Ontario....

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
More news this morning on the gas eruption.... They are saying it is slowing down but the State of Emergency is still in place.

I can't find anything on how much the flow has slowed but will keep checking the news.
www.lfpress.com...

Natural gas continues to spew onto a golf course in Lambton Shores, though in lesser amounts, municipal officials said Friday. The localized state of emergency for the Indian Hills Golf Course on Lakeshore Avenue remains in effect, said deputy mayor Doug Cook, who emphasized that the gas leak continues to pose no health risks to the public. “Progress is being made, but as a precaution, the state of emergency remains in effect until further notice,” he said. The Municipal Emergency Control Group — a collection of town officials, representatives from the Kettle and Stony Point First Nation, provincial environment monitoring teams, and hired experts — met Friday to discuss next steps.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Iwinder

Thank you very much for the updates.

Even officials have expressed shock at this event, it seems it is unprecedented for all involved.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE

Thank you very much for the updates.

Even officials have expressed shock at this event, it seems it is unprecedented for all involved.

Your welcome and thanks for posting this great thread, Many thanks for that.
I can't find anything on the news that is updated so I can only assume it is still going at this moment.
What really scares me is what if that happened in Lake Huron, only a mile or so due north of the site.

We live a little bit farther West of the leak but we do indeed live withing shouting distance of Lake Huron........Thats an awful thought if the Lake erupted like that pond but on a much larger scale.

I will keep checking your thread for any more details and comments.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Interesting how this potential disaster has been off of the radar for almost a week. I finally found something on the situation and here it is.

blackburnnews.com...

Not much of a read but if you have been following this gas release you will recognize what they are not saying in the article.
That would be that their hands are tied and if it wants to blow gas until the end of time they can't do squat about it.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
And here is the latest update on the gas release.

www.lfpress.com...

Its a short read and one very interesting thing they mention is small holes popping up all over the area which are also spewing gas.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

www.lfpress.com...

Its a short read and one very interesting thing they mention is small holes popping up all over the area which are also spewing gas.

Regards, Iwinder

They downplay the entire article as if the there is no longer a threat and the situation is easing, and then the final line says there are mini-eruption holes spread out over several of the golf course greens. That sounds pretty serious to me.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

www.lfpress.com...

Regards, Iwinder

They downplay the entire article as if the there is no longer a threat and the situation is easing, and then the final line says there are mini-eruption holes spread out over several of the golf course greens. That sounds pretty serious to me.

I agree Rez 100% ......It's been really quiet in this area as far as news goes for this Methane Release and that worried me quite a bit. They went about 4 days of solid news then overnight the news reports stopped dead in the water..
and then that little blurp at the end of the article caught my attention as well.
I hope this does not migrate to Lake Huron a mile North of this area.

Regards, Iwinder
edit on 30-6-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

It probably already has. Actually, it probably migrated to the golf course from the lake.

posted on Jun, 30 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It probably already has. Actually, it probably migrated to the golf course from the lake.

God help us if it did infact migrate from Lake Huron (850) cubic miles of water with an eruption on a big scale is one thing we will not survive in our area.

Regards, Iwinder

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join