It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OT name found on 3,000-year-old jar in Israel :

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Wow. That's really intense.
If I had my youth to do over, I would be an anthropologist/archaeologist. Thanks for posting.
S/F

I wish we could have Mars rovers that could explore our deserts. I'm jealous of those who love going into the Nevada desert and seeing all the old buildings now abandoned.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Interesting find, thanks for posting.

Always like to read about archeology from this region and period. I took note of the name Ba'al in there.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
Like this

No mars rover needed just a trusty KTM lc4

edit on 19-6-2015 by punkinworks10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Well, there IS a Zionist hiding under everyone's bed ready to steal their soul! And stuff.

In the real world: interesting find, OP! Thank you for sharing!

/TOA

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

##Attention please##

This is the Ancient and Lost Civilisations forum where people discuss ancient and lost civilisations...not political rhetoric or prejudice.

The thread is about an archaeological find. Please respect the OP by staying on-point and not derailing their thread.

Thank you.

(don't reply to this post)

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: Spider879

I think most of their archaeologists are fine but its the israeli propaganda machine trying to make their case for israel being a pure jewish state that is the problem. They are hell bent on matching biblical people and places to their Funnily enough when the Canaanite Pantheon was discovered with Yahweh as one of that pantheon with a goddess wife they preferred to overlook that embarrassing little find. www.patheos.com...

I am an non-Israeli, non-Jewish archaeologist and I've worked several years for the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. I've never worked with Prof. Garfinkel but I know him by name and reputation, he seems to be a very professional colleague.

During my years at the HUJ i've never come across anyone trying to skew or twist data on behalf of a national, religious or racial agenda. There's really no need to, because archaeologically we have enough data to prove Semitic presence in the Levant to before the birth of a Jewish or religious identity. In short, Judaism as a cultural group developed in the hills around Jerusalem.

Did you know that many Israeli archaeologists reject the Bible entirely, and most of them consider the Exodus from Egypt a fictional event? You should really dip into the work of Israel Finkelstein to get a better idea of what has happened within Israeli archaeology in the last two decades. There are small groups of excavators working on the precept that the Bible is a source of historical data (which it is). Often they're Americans or funded by various American, religious organizations, but they are not representative of the Israeli Antiquties Authoritys policy.

All in all your post is misinformed and probably based on your personal aversions against Israel. Don't confuse the present Israeli right wing government's actions wih Israeli archaeology, they're not one and the same.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Aye I don't think there is anyway to know if this is the Biblical King who lost his head. Though decent find.

Also to people saying if they could repeat their lives to do archaeology/anthropology see it done, on my foundation course there is one fella who is like 58 and passed. So it is never too late

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparta
Aye I don't think there is anyway to know if this is the Biblical King who lost his head. Though decent find.

Also to people saying if they could repeat their lives to do archaeology/anthropology see it done, on my foundation course there is one fella who is like 58 and passed. So it is never too late

I am seriously considering making a change in life in the next couple of years(I'm 50) getting a degree in arch and anthro,
it would not be hard to leave my current profession.
I just spent the last two hours wrapped in a cow( welding jacket and chaps), laying down bead on a shaft repair job, from a beef plant, stinky when hot.
So yah its never too late.
I have already picked the subject of my dissertation, Calico Hills, nothing like jumping from one proverbial fire into another of a different sort.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You should do it mate, I've seen your posts and you are extremely knowledgeable in most areas which would give you a huge advantage if you did go back, 3 years get the qualifications then you can work in Museums, get jobs on digs in which ever field you were really interested in.

Aye I had the same thoughts in my crappy job mate, its just that initial push to get in.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join