It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-Rifle: New device connects AK-47 to internet, GPS, GLONASS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

The legendary Russian AK-47 rifle can now be now equipped with a special module to monitor the status and movement of military personnel or receive useful information during training and transmit the encrypted data via internet.

Step closer to that Halo Radar ?

AK-47 rifle has received “new functionality due to integration of special sensors working via Internet of Things technology in the handguard of the weapons,” StarNet Alliance wrote in press release.

Maybe they will be able to tag a kill shot with further development of this new innovation ?

Friendly fire prevention as well .

The Recoil on that rifle is impressive , Looks like they eliminated that old "up right kick" recoil the AK47 originally had /

I am impressed .

LINK
your thoughts

Kap

edit on 18-6-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'll take a Mosyn-Nagant in the field anyday.
Keep it simple, stupid. That high tech stuff is going to fail at the least convenient moment.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

A link would be nice.

It seems that they just put a gps in the fore grip.

Check out the US army land warrior integrated system. It seems much more robust than the system you have posted.

www.army-technology.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Keep it simple, stupid. That high tech stuff is going to fail at the least convenient moment.

7.62x54R

I have one , They are great right out of the gate no doubt , But we are talking about a whole new class of gun.

without all that high tech stuff on the new AK , its still hands down a great rifle . I would take one over an AR any day .

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101

A link would be nice.

It seems that they just put a gps in the fore grip.

Check out the US army land warrior integrated system. It seems much more robust than the system you have posted.

www.army-technology.com...

Its got internet as well as GPS , apparently its a one of a kind system ,

I posted the link in the OP , however their is not really much more info , unfortunately

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I think this is a bad idea.

Russian government obviously doesn't know what's coming.

It is a mistake to go electronic everything,
edit on 18-6-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

This is true, very true.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling

I think this is a bad idea.

Russian government obviously doesn't know what's coming.

It is a mistake to go electronic everything,

Whelp I am all for preventing friendly fire , and i think that this system can do this with the GPS aspect of it anyway .

Unfortunately their is so little info on how the whole system works . Also how does this thing work in water /mud.?

According to AK you can keep the original submerged in Mud for months , pick it up and still shoot with it . Not to sure these new ones can do that though .

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Times certainly have changed. I remember back in the day I could get a Russian SKS 7.62x39 Rifle, Sling, Cleaning kit, bayonet for $100.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sean
Times certainly have changed. I remember back in the day I could get a Russian SKS 7.62x39 Rifle, Sling, Cleaning kit, bayonet for $100.

woh !!!! what year was that ? and where at ?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

I, for one, welcomes friendly fire among the Russians......... would make life so much easier for my ol' buddies.
(should really had been a "Sh*t Grin" smiley, but I couldn't find one)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

yep and i bought four.

i also bought the norinco paratrooper the one that uses AK mags for the same price.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: sean

woh !!!! what year was that ? and where at ?

i bought mine before the assault weapons ban in 1994.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

So what shows do you watch on that thing's internet screen while the other guy is shooting at you when he sees your bod in his sights? I suppose that after a few seconds of inactivity on the part of you and the gun that it sends a GPS signal of your body's location? And this system adds how much weight and complexity to a fully equipped fighting soldier today? Lastly, does ISIS want this system or do they sneer at it and simply want more bullets to spray toward it?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
THis could actually make the operator of the gun an easy target if the Software on the gun was hacked and showed the troops position. Positives and negatives in my opinion. Still a very cool little gadget.
I love my AK-47, one of the best guns every produced
edit on 18-6-2015 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Is there a button where you can upload videos from the gunsight to Youtube with just a single press?

top topics

join