It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: beezzer
We have a culture that "victimizes" the guilty and demonizes the victims.

Everything is the fault of society.

Not the individual.

We coddle those that break the laws and castigate those that obey them.

Welcome to America in the 21st Century.

That's not entirely true...America has the greatest number of incarcerated people of any developed country.

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.economist.com...

Due to the war on drugs. End the war on drugs and not only will we save billions of dollars every year, but violence will go down, and less prisons will be needed.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

There is none because the inner city drug war is a CIA op.

link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

When you learn to discuss something without resorting to incessant ad hominem attacks, then perhaps we can discuss something.

You can't, so we won't.

And you misspelled it.

link   

The best part of the American gun debate is the people who want to disarm are the same people who can't afford their own healthcare. They're legends in their own minds but reality has proven time and again theyre on the bottom tier of our society's totem pole. So liberals can't afford their own birth control or get IDs but they're gonna take my guns? Ok buddy

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Where is the outrage over young men shooting at each other on streets almost every day and creating fear in the community. Too common place to create a sensational headline situation?

As long as average people fight with each other and stayed concerned over these events, race, etc those in power holding the riches of society can breathe a sign of relief. People will not be taking the time to question their actions.

AVERAGE people are NOT fighting with each other in the streets or shooting up each other.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Come on man they just have a different culture doesn't make them stupid.

Yes they are stupid, and unfortunately not only do they have the most guns, they also have the least regard for human life, and the biggest military too.

Back in the day when their rights were written there was a clear and immediate danger that England might re-invade, so it made sense for everyone to be armed, since they didn't have a military back in the 18th Century.

250 years later they have the biggest military force in the world, have been at war with practically everyone at some point, and yet still think that having a handgun will "protect" them for a tyrannical government that has Apache helicopters that can blow you to smithereens from 10 miles away, jet fighters that can deliver missiles that will atomise you from 100+ miles away, and tanks and other armoured vehicles that are bullet proof and could crush you like an ant.

But hey, we all need guns to "protect our rights"

They are utter and complete morons and can't see that the only people who are benefiting are the share holders of the companies who make guns, and of course criminals as well - and presumably none of these fools are either of those people.

These fools are the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, grandparents, etc of the people who are needlessly killed.

But hey "it's our right to bear arms"!

Morons, idiots, and fools the lot of them.

Gonna have to agree here that people who think that being armed is keeping everyone safe are on a different level of idiot.

Unfortunately, they are so in love with their guns they cant see the truth.

But dont worry, there will be another mass shooting next week. And we will say the same thing again and they will keep denying the US has a gun problm.

And the week after...and the week after etc...Kids will die, parents will die, teenagers will die, old folk will die and these morons will cling to their guns even harder. Pathetic.

Don't worry. There are so many who are terrified of guns that they will quite happily hold up dead children and tell gun owners it's their fault, even if they live 1800 miles away.

Don't worry, the gun grabbers will be there to stand on the backs of murder victims and blame gun owners every where for it.

Unfortunately they're so terrified they can't see issues like mental health, racism, or any other contributing factor because it's all about the guns.

A reasonable middle ground is out of the question. The only solution is to take away all the guns, even the ones used only for hunting, because only then will America be safe. Murders will cease. Robberies won't happen. Violent crime will be a distant memory for all.

I actually agree - you shouldn't let people with mental health issues have guns - so that discounts all Americans then.

Get read for a period of calm and no gun deathss.

Hoo Rah!

Okay--so we have page after page of irrational and unthinking insults and degeneration and you all us irrational?

I see a lot of projection here--given your behavior in the thread, I think that you think that Americans are irrational and violent nuts are because you project your own failings on others. The irrational and insulting and prejudiced person in this thread has been you.

Obviously you cannot conceive of someone not "losing it" and killing someone because that is what you would do if not restrained by the state.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marshww

The best part of the American gun debate is the people who want to disarm are the same people who can't afford their own healthcare. They're legends in their own minds but reality has proven time and again theyre on the bottom tier of our society's totem pole. So liberals can't afford their own birth control or get IDs but they're gonna take my guns? Ok buddy

Maybe the people and animals in the world around you would feel safer if you wernt armed lolz.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I just heard on sky news the killer almost backed out of his plan because the people in the church were so nice and kind to him...
How heartbreaking is that?

He actually seems to have had a bit of decency in him-yet he still chose the path of darkness.
If only he had listened to his better side.

I expect they may use this in court to disprove insanity.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: roadgravel
Where is the outrage over young men shooting at each other on streets almost every day and creating fear in the community. Too common place to create a sensational headline situation?

As long as average people fight with each other and stayed concerned over these events, race, etc those in power holding the riches of society can breathe a sign of relief. People will not be taking the time to question their actions.

AVERAGE people are NOT fighting with each other in the streets or shooting up each other.

As long as average people fight with each other and stayed concerned over these events, race, etc

I should have used the word ARGUE instead of FIGHT. I was referring to the heated debate that keeps focus away from the real problems underlying many society's problems.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
That gives me more reason to believe he had a handler (he was put up to it, brainwashed)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Not the individual.

That's not entirely true...America has the greatest number of incarcerated people of any developed country.

www.economist.com...

Due to the war on drugs. End the war on drugs and not only will we save billions of dollars every year, but violence will go down, and less prisons will be needed.

So true...

But their is a prison industry that profits from people being locked up. follow the money... It's capitalism run riot....

www.theatlantic.com...

edit on 19-6-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes they are stupid, and unfortunately not only do they have the most guns, they also have the least regard for human life, and the biggest military too.

Back in the day when their rights were written there was a clear and immediate danger that England might re-invade, so it made sense for everyone to be armed, since they didn't have a military back in the 18th Century.

250 years later they have the biggest military force in the world, have been at war with practically everyone at some point, and yet still think that having a handgun will "protect" them for a tyrannical government that has Apache helicopters that can blow you to smithereens from 10 miles away, jet fighters that can deliver missiles that will atomise you from 100+ miles away, and tanks and other armoured vehicles that are bullet proof and could crush you like an ant.

They are utter and complete morons and can't see that the only people who are benefiting are the share holders of the companies who make guns, and of course criminals as well - and presumably none of these fools are either of those people.

These fools are the mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, daughters, sons, grandparents, etc of the people who are needlessly killed.

Gonna have to agree here that people who think that being armed is keeping everyone safe are on a different level of idiot.

But dont worry, there will be another mass shooting next week. And we will say the same thing again and they will keep denying the US has a gun problm.

And the week after...and the week after etc...Kids will die, parents will die, teenagers will die, old folk will die and these morons will cling to their guns even harder. Pathetic.

Don't worry. There are so many who are terrified of guns that they will quite happily hold up dead children and tell gun owners it's their fault, even if they live 1800 miles away.

Don't worry, the gun grabbers will be there to stand on the backs of murder victims and blame gun owners every where for it.

Unfortunately they're so terrified they can't see issues like mental health, racism, or any other contributing factor because it's all about the guns.

A reasonable middle ground is out of the question. The only solution is to take away all the guns, even the ones used only for hunting, because only then will America be safe. Murders will cease. Robberies won't happen. Violent crime will be a distant memory for all.

I actually agree - you shouldn't let people with mental health issues have guns - so that discounts all Americans then.

Hoo Rah!

Okay--so we have page after page of irrational and unthinking insults and degeneration and you all us irrational?

I see a lot of projection here--given your behavior in the thread, I think that you think that Americans are irrational and violent nuts are because you project your own failings on others. The irrational and insulting and prejudiced person in this thread has been you.

Obviously you cannot conceive of someone not "losing it" and killing someone because that is what you would do if not restrained by the state.

Way to call someone a uncontrollable psycho if they had a gun and why do you say this because he is advocating peace, through non violence by disarming the American people. Its time to put the guns down for good period and welcome the loss of power that comes with it. Lets not forget the FEMA camps waiting for you too, thats going to be when the real fun begins!

edit on 19-6-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanZombie
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
That gives me more reason to believe he had a handler (he was put up to it, brainwashed)

Who would that be and for what purpose? It's not to grab guns...that's just not gonna happen!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Not the individual.

www.economist.com...

So true...

But their is a prison industry that profits from people being locked up. follow the money... It's capitalism run riot....

I wouldn't call it capitalism because it is not a free exchange of goods and services but a governmental monopoly but, yes, there are many people and politicians that profit from the status quo.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

People will still be in denial when there on the bus headed to the FEMA camp. SMH

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

When you learn to discuss something without resorting to incessant ad hominem attacks, then perhaps we can discuss something.

You can't, so we won't.

And you misspelled it.

You can't answer my reasoning , it is flawless, and hence you accuse me of ad hominem attacks to try and deflect the points I made and detract from the truth.

it's like people who call "racism" "sexism" "ageism" etc when they don't get what they want.

Nothing to say, so try and shut up those who do.

Guns = death, people who want more guns = idiots.

Plain for all to see, except Americans apparently.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
Does anybody know if there is a military background on this kid? I know the details were slim between 2010 and today (his years after dropping out of high school). Does anyone know if he had a GED or not (only way he could enlist as a drop out).

I haven't heard but I did hear he dropped out after failing 9th grade twice. I doubt he took the GED which has become more difficult and does require taking classes but who knows. ??

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

Hoo Rah!

Way to call someone a uncontrollable psycho if they had a gun and why do you say this because he is advocating peace, through non violence by disarming the American people. Its time to put the guns down for good period and welcome the loss of power that comes with it. Lets not forget the FEMA camps waiting for you too, thats going to be when the real fun begins!

No, his argument is that the average person must be disarmed because the average person cannot be rational enough to safely and legally own one (neglecting the fact that there are millions upon millions of gun owners who neither use their firearms criminally or negligently every year) because we are irrational and crazy and stupid but, as demonstrated by his own words, the wild-eyed poor self control has been coming from himself.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You can't, so we won't.

And you misspelled it.

You can't answer my reasoning , it is flawless, and hence you accuse me of ad hominem attacks to try and deflect the points I made and detract from the truth.

it's like people who call "racism" "sexism" "ageism" etc when they don't get what they want.

Nothing to say, so try and shut up those who do.

Guns = death, people who want more guns = idiots.

Plain for all to see, except Americans apparently.

But you haven't provided ANY reasoning at all--just invective.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanZombie
a reply to: olaru12

People will still be in denial when there on the bus headed to the FEMA camp. SMH

Yeah that's right, you need your guns to stop THEM taking you to the FEMA camps... that don't exist.

You'll be able to shoot the whole US military down if they do come for you with your Colt 45 and your 300 rounds of ammo - will you be hitting 10 apaches, 19 F15's and 35 warships per shot, and shooting dead 15,000+ soldiers per bullet, or do you have some other plan.

LoLoLoLoLoLoL

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join