It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Apparently this latest Manchurian Candidate felt the same strange compulsion to kill that we have seen in other incidents:

Dylan Storm Roof:

www.vanityfair.com...
According to Sylvia Johnson, the cousin of Rev. Clementa Pinckney, the state senator who was killed, a survivor of the shooting told her that Roof said, “I have to do it . . . you rape our women and you’ve taken over our country, and you have to go.”

James Holmes, Aurora/Batman shooter

www.denverpost.com...
....what began as paranoid fears for his own safety escalated into an unstoppable desire to kill many others — even if Holmes, speaking slowly with a blank stare and no inflection in his voice, couldn't explain why.
"There's no anger," he told Reid. Then, later: "It was just something I had to do. ... It's like I was obligated to do it."

Springfield, Oregon's Thurston High School shooter Kip Kinkel, back in 1998:

"In police interview he repeated "over and over" that "I had no choice."
Q: Why did you go to school and start shooting people?
A: I had to. I had no other choice. I couldn't do anything else."

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
This guy was crazy...it was not simply a hate crime or because he was racist. HE WAS CRAZY...you have to be crazy to walk into a church and not only shoot a ton of people but to also let one go. If he was racist, he would have killed them all I would think. He would not want on person to get away.

The MSM is going to use this as a way to flame the fire of racial tensions in the US and it is really going to be bad folks. The president is already talking about how easy it was to get the gun. How this happens to often.

This is a sad, sad incident but folks, please do not let race or gun control enter the conversation. If anything, if just one of the congregation was carrying this could be a different outcome. Many synagogues have guards just for this reason.

Crazy people will always find a way to get a gun but if you take them away from the innocent you simply create a country of more victims.

I pray that all of the families find peace in the coming days...

Anybody who murders another person is crazy. It gets tiring that, when a minority does it, they are either a terrorist or a "thug" yet when a skinny white guy shoots up a bunch of people, he's "crazy" and "troubled".

It is so hard for the majority western demographic (white people) to believe there are extremists, thugs, and terrorists among them?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: charolais

He accepted a friend request that was sent to him at least two hours ago as there is a message on his picture change post from a Marcus Stanley....

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Seems it is pretty clear he was in fact racist though.

If the statement is true then it seems to add to the motivation.

I agree we can leave the gun control out of it right now, but the we can't just not talk about his motivation if it was race related.

You can be crazy AND racist.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
My heart and prayers go out to the family and friends of those killed and to the residents of Charleston.
I just feel so sad right now.

When I first saw a picture of the shooter my first thought was that he looks a lot like Adam Lanza.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

So its not a fake account, its the real one.

Also to the other member that said maybe he sent out friend requests a while ago and they just been accepted, didn't think of that.

its on 82 now went from 79 to 82
edit on 18-6-2015 by restless genius because: added extra line

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

flags are of the apartheid-era South Africa and also one from white-rule Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe

source

Oh sheeiit,that makes sense.
I wondered if he may be linked to something like that-maybe he's been to one of these camps in his youth:

A nasty bunch of apartheid remenants,still trying to spread hate to kids.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: restless genius

Very good point, I hadn't thought of that either!

Exactly why I think it's perfectly healthy and reasonable to have such discussions!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You know what's really tragic about this story?

The MSM has not even had a real chance to chime in on this issue and we don't have all the facts from investigators, and people on ATS, and other social media sites, are already making this about race, calling him a terrorist and all sorts of other labels.

How can we logically claim that the MSM and politicians are pushing the racial divide when we have clear evidence that it is US that is perpetuating the problem.

This thread is proof and I hope people wake up to it. Stop pushing the racial crap before we even know the facts of the case. And even then, let's try to keep it to a minimum.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: matafuchs

Seems it is pretty clear he was in fact racist though.

If the statement is true then it seems to add to the motivation.

I agree we can leave the gun control out of it right now, but the we can't just not talk about his motivation if it was race related.

You can be crazy AND racist.

Quite often then two go hand in hand.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

originally posted by: raedar
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

flags are of the apartheid-era South Africa and also one from white-rule Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe

source

Oh sheeiit,that makes sense.
I wondered if he may be linked to something like that-maybe he's been to one of these camps in his youth:

A nasty bunch of apartheid remenants,still trying to spread hate to kids.

True. However, remember, that there are vicious and violent racists on both sides of the issue there.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Logically? Dunno. Illogically? A number of reasons.

Some people don't like that the label terrorist is applied to some but not others. Other people don't like that it was a white guy and he was taken alive instead of pumped full of lead, as he would've been if he'd been black (according to them, anyway).

Same type of thing we see with the almost immediate claims of "false flag" pretty much regardless of what the situation is and what the evidence is.

Some people view everything through a filter. Others have an agenda. Still others have both. Race isn't the only issue this happens with on here.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

Apparently this latest Manchurian Candidate felt the same strange compulsion to kill that we have seen in other incidents

I'm not a psychologist, but the compulsion to kill in this way is surely the sign of a psychotic break with reality. You'll notice that spree killers are usually dweeby little types, so it's perhaps unsurprising that that their 'grand stand' is a classic power fantasy - one chance to experience something they don't feel they ever have. They might as well, because they don't think there's anything else left for them.

As for this incident - as a Brit I find America's love of guns difficult to understand, but there's no doubt they can be kept and used safely. I think this is an issue of mental health ultimately. America must do more to help people like Roof, Homes, Lanza etc because severe mental illness and easy access to guns is a tragic mix, as we see today.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Stop pushing the racial crap before we even know the facts of the case. And even then, let's try to keep it to a minimum.

This one does "seem" to be racist, but we really don't know why.

We can assume he's into white supremacy because of the patches.

But, maybe he had a black girlfriend that dumped him for a black guy. (Or he perceived).

Either way, he does seem to fit the anti-social loner profile, that could be influenced by any ideaology.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Umm yea. ATS is always ahead of MSM. This was almost certainly a racially motivated attack. It is.pretty.damn easy To find and pick out a BLACK domimant church as a target. Let alone A famous one.

The MSM will be calling it racially motivated soon. just wait.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It's very odd that he was quoted as saying "you rape our women" then kills more women than men. It's being reported he killed 3 men and 6 women.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: introvert
Stop pushing the racial crap before we even know the facts of the case. And even then, let's try to keep it to a minimum.

But, maybe he had a black girlfriend that dumped him for a black guy. (Or he perceived).

You might have something there, which may explain why women were targeted.

It seems that all of these psychos have "Norman Bates" style issues with women.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I totally agree Doc.
Its sad that we haven't moved past this tribal fanaticism in this day and age.
But look at the world today-

Humans,we are doing it wrong.
We are all essentially brothers and sisters,and the Alpha species of the planet,yet we still have fanatics-even in top jobs-salivating at the idea and practice of killing and hating other people.
Its a freaking real global industry for crying out loud.

How messed up is that,when you take a moment to think about it?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Race isn't the only issue this happens with on here.

Agreed.

a reply to: Annee

I don't like to assume if I can help it and wait until more facts are out until reaching any sort of conclusion. We have seen many times in cases such as these that we automatically assume certain things are true or highly likely and then have the facts contradict those assumptions. But the damage has already been done by that point.

What if this was not racially motivated? It doesn't matter. That idea has already been implanted in to the minds of certain groups of people and there will be no way of changing their minds.

a reply to: lightedhype

The MSM will be calling it racially motivated soon. just wait.

That could very well be true. But I don't want to read about how the MSM perpetuates the racial divide, when you can see it started well before the MSM even had a chance to comment.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Stop pushing the racial crap before we even know the facts of the case.

It seems we have those facts, I do agree we don't need to go crazy with it but feel it would be an injustice to minimize it.

If the motive was racially charged then it does need to be discussed.

Also I don't think he is a terrorist, but by today's standards and the way the word gets thrown around, he would qualify.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join