It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 dead in shooting at South Carolina church Senator Clementa Pinckney killed

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Animorganimate
Apparently the shooter let a survivor live so she could tell others what she saw there:

twitter.com...

Is it me or......

Have we not heard this before???!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Guns dont kill people bullets do or something... he should know better than to hint at gun control

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: Thorneblood

School busses can cost anywhere between 60-90k depending on how it is equipped.

Considering the size of the school district(s), it's easy to need 17 million to lease or buy school busses.

Well...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are'nt 90% of school busrs ran by private companies??? I know ours is here!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Komodo

I've no idea. I just know the estimated cost of a bus. Regardless of who is fronting the bill, it's still a lot.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Komodo

originally posted by: EternalSolace

School busses can cost anywhere between 60-90k depending on how it is equipped.

Considering the size of the school district(s), it's easy to need 17 million to lease or buy school busses.

Well...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but are'nt 90% of school busrs ran by private companies??? I know ours is here!

The ones here are owned/operated by the school districts, but they have big ads plastered on the sides of them to help subsidize the costs.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Did the senator who got killed vote for TPP or vote against TPP ?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

I'm pretty sure he was a state senator. So I doubt he voted for the TPP.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Some new tidbits from Reddit coming through....

According to family members:

Suspect sat through entire bible study before opening fire, reloaded 8 times.

5 year old boy survived by playing dead.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Thanks for the info. So they must have a witness who saw him at some point, or have him on film. There's no way a 5 year old child in that situation would have been able to describe what he was wearing, down to the type of shoes. They'll find this dirtbag....
edit on 6/18/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Dreadful, just dreadful, I know over here in the UK the race of the victims and suspected gunman has been the focal point, the left wing race baiting press love it when something like this comes and no doubt there will be further political gains from this tragedy, as well as loses for the average American, but at the end of the day lives have been lost here, regardless of the motive. People in church, why target people in church of all places?

It's a sad day for not just America, but the Western world as we further descend in to the kind of mindless brutality that plagues the Middle East. Rest In Peace poor souls and condolences to their families.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DiggerDogg
They should have just killed the b*stard. There is enough social tension in this country as it is. We don't need worthless scumbags like this adding on to it and then getting out unscathed. Just outright killing him could have possibly saved other lives in the future (retaliatory crimes etc.)

The sh*t just keeps piling up.....

Shot who?

Everyone? Good idea.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Meh i am white and i must agree. Why must the police execute young people in the streets for 'resisting' ALMOST DAILY and yet they softly arrest a mass nurderer; why?

Not saying i wish they would have killed him. But the previous question is serious.

Killed who? the photographer who did not do anything?

Thank god they don't hand out tin badges any more...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: lightedhype
Meh i am white and i must agree. Why must the police execute young people in the streets for 'resisting' ALMOST DAILY and yet they softly arrest a mass nurderer; why?

Not saying i wish they would have killed him. But the previous question is serious.

Thank god they don't hand out tin badges any more...

Ain't that the truth.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
My prayers go out to the people of Charleston.
I love that city.
I agree with Razor, I don't think Charleston will burn. Granted, I haven't visited the city since the earlier shooting but I've never sensed any degree of high racial tensions in the times we've spent there.

As for Bush canceling the visit---I'm sure the CPD and all other law enforcement have better things to do than provide security for a presidential candidate. But maybe that's just me. If I were in charge I'd be telling him to reschedule.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: hutch622

Do you think that the media in Iran is spinning this as some sort of terrorist group in the US the same way that the US spins the car bombings in Iraq>

Depends on if some extremist group is going to claim a strike against their perceived enemy, I guess.

Why would you mistake a single unknown murderer with a person brainwashed by a section of an all encompassing religion that promises you paradise once you die murdering people?

Why? I sure don't.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   

A woman who survived the shooting told her family the gunman said he was letting her live so she could report what happened...She said the gunman had sat in the church before standing and opening fire, according to an official from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP).
www.bbc.co.uk...

I am of the opinion that this was most certainly a 'hate crime'. From the actions of this lone shooter (prior to actually firing into the congregation), we can intuit a purposeful intent to kill 'specific' targets. This killer sat in the church carrying his incubated intention with an insidious malice. The fact that he allowed one potential victim to live so she could report what he had done, indicates that he has self-control, and that his act was not a 'general' gun rampage. Allowing a victim to live as a witness suggests two things; his act was a demonstration to impress someone or some group he wants to be part of, and also, that it gives warning that he will repeat the act.

I believe this killer already informed certain people his intentions via fringe social media. He will now feel a sense of self-elevation after what he has done, he will be filled with a sense of self-martyrdom and accomplishment at carrying out an ideological mission. This guy will keep killing until he himself is killed.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood
a reply to: starviego

I guess it is a little curious how they would come to that on a clean shaven white guy, i mean at that age range he could be anywhere from 17-24 and look exactly the same.

However the news regurgitates everything and there is no time for fact checking in situations like this. Probably means very little but yes, curious.

I don't see so, really. as you say a kid aged 21 could appear anywhere from 17 to 24. So middle range guestimate.

And the media never get it right - look back over the history of breaking news on ATS, and the media get it wrong every time over something, and every time it's that key piece of information they let slip and now we must get to the end of this investigation, watson !!!!!11

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

Because there are roughly a half dozen established christian extremist groups scattered across the US, but especially in the South?

edit on 18-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Probably Jeb's planned Putin bashing speech will have to be changed to a more appropriate one that could take advantage of the situation and garner him some votes .

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: crazyewok

Probably Jeb's planned Putin bashing speech will have to be changed to a more appropriate one that could take advantage of the situation and garner him some votes .

Like anyone on the left wouldn't do the same.

It's shameful that is what you take away from this tragedy.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join