It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grindr Screenshots Reveal Antigay Pastor Is A Top Who Likes To Cuddle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Here we go again. Another outspoken anti-gay pastor who turns out to be exactly what he denounces as sinful, and well, I'll let him tell you in his own words...

“A sexual attraction to the same sex is a sinful temptation to be resisted and overcome by God’s grace and power, just as a temptation to steal or lie or overeat must be resisted and overcome by replacement with working hard, telling the truth and moderation in appetite.”

“Thank you, Pastor Dickerson, for believing the Word of God and loving people enough to reveal God’s will for their lives and also His plan of salvation for all believe in Jesus…I love people who have same sex attraction, and so does God. The proof is in the sacrifice He made for all of us who sin…We don’t tell a person born with tendencies to abuse alcohol to keep on giving in to his innate desires because he can’t help it. We try to help him in his struggle.

Praise the lord, brother!!! Wait...what?

Isn't there a verse or two in the bible... Oh here we are...
Romans 2

Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things.

1Cor 10

12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall.

Damn the luck!
Article
edit on 6/17/2015 by Klassified because: edit

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
We know so little how genetics affect attraction. We are just big meat sacks of chemical interactions and the more we try and objectify our existence, the less we really know about ourselves.

What I don't understand is how one's attraction towards any single object or person has to be used as political fodder or discussed and presented as important topics to our society.

They are important to the individual, not a society. When will people learn that law is subjective and if you simply don't believe in it, as long as you benefit your surrounding existence and don't harm anybody, you may create your own reality. F the law. Be a beautiful soul and break every unjust law there is.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Grindr Screenshots Reveal Antigay Pastor Is A Top Who Likes To Cuddle

What's a Top? Oh well, whatever it is, it reminds me of this song.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

OM gosh love that song!

If you really want to know

en.wikipedia.org...

although i think people use that as ways to define people, and i don't always agree with that

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Yeah, so weird! I saw something either online or on TV about this. The young man and his mom were being interviewed.
Can't recall what I was watching. Maybe CNN vids??

Anyway - yeah.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

What's a Top? Oh well, whatever it is, it reminds me of this song.

Firstly Bahahaha what an absolute tool the Pastor is.

Secondly, if ya really wanna know the gay version of the birds and the bees u2u me, cos I aint explaining that one in a public forum haha.

*Edit* Good grief Darth, Wiki has a page on that? Talk about lol and a little bit creeped out at the same time. It even has diagrams

edit on 18-6-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Does this mean this guy doesn't fear God's judgement? Or does he just think he's forgiven because Jesus?

Not too surprising really, the ones who shout the loudest are usually the most hypocritical too, thinking they're above their own laws. Practice what you preach.

S&F

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I think this is pretty sad. Poor guy is obviously confused about his sexuality, and probably feels ashamed of it due to his faith. Maybe that's why he speaks out against homosexuality - he's trying to repent for his perceived "sins".

It's unfortunate, but the Christian god is supposed to be loving and forgiving of all "sinners". I hope he comes to realise that one day, and be at peace with himself.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   

This pastor should have been a republican senator! I think it's clear by now that outspoken anti-gay individuals are usually gay individuals who feel they need to put on the act to hide who they really are. That attitude should fade in the coming years, hopefully.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I wonder if this pastor was forced to attend a "pray the gay away" camp when he was a child, thought he had cured himself, and then became a pastor so he didn't have to get married.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I wonder if this pastor was forced to attend a "pray the gay away" camp when he was a child, thought he had cured himself, and then became a pastor so he didn't have to get married.

I hadn't thought of that. Interesting. If his family was more fundamentalist when he was younger, that could be a possibility. If they were Lutheran, as he is, they don't do the "pray away the gay" thing. They send you to counseling.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It's just something I've started to wonder. How many outspoken anti-gay activists who are secretly gay were sent to the child abuse "pray the gay away" camps? Clearly these people didn't just wake up and decide to hate what they were. They had to be conditioned to say those things, and those camps are NOTORIOUS for making gay people hate themselves. We can assume that there HAVE to be SOME "success" stories, otherwise no one would send their children there anymore. Maybe some of the people like the pastor in the OP are the "success" stories (I put success in quotes because no one can successfully pray the gay away, but I'm sure you can convince a kid to lie about himself to the point he believes it).

5 Things I Learned At A 'Pray Away The Gay' Camp
edit on 18-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
That article is disgusting and heart-breaking. It deserves a thread of its own. On the one hand I understand him not blaming his brainwashed mother. On the other hand, I'd never want to see or talk to my mother again, as long as she was still a Christian, and couldn't admit she was wrong in what she did.

But this tops it all off...

Though his mother's faith led her to do evil things, Sam doesn't hate Christianity, just like he doesn't hate his mother. In fact, he's still a Christian.

Reminds me of Stockholm syndrome.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'm not a fan of Christianity by any means, but if he is still a Christian after that whole ordeal, maybe he has learned what REAL Christianity is and is more Christian than his parents ever were. In other words, he's probably a very nice and caring person and doesn't judge anyone, just like Christianity want. He clearly isn't judging his mom for stealing a part of his youth away and he isn't judging Christianity for spawning bigots like his mother and the people at that camp.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

*Side not*

Gurl, have you gotten my Messages?

*End side note*

Yeah, i was surprised i found that article, and it had some facts in it

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I think we should just let the guy try to get on with his life.

He's already resigned from his position.

He isn't one of the public figures pushing any thing one way or the other.

But now he's spotlighted for stupid use of public forum. Lots of people do stupid things. The more publicity this gets, the harder it will be for him to move on.

ETA

Okay, I see it now. You should have linked to related article Grindr User Rev. Matthew Makela Once Drove This Gay Teen To Near Suicide

Makela’s fire and brimstone (not to mention entirely hypocritical) warning caused Tyler to suffer serious depression and suicidal thoughts, and he reportedly told Tyler that the “sin of being gay is no different than the sin of committing suicide.”

“If he’s going to hell for being gay then he might as well commit suicide,” Jennifer said.

“What I took away from that is that I needed to repent and hold onto the hope that God could change me,” Tyler recalled.

Jennifer added that Makela became active on social media when her son came out, publicly broadcasting that it was wrong for Tyler to be gay and urging Jennifer not to support him.

Even before Makela was exposed, Jennifer confronted Makela about his dangerous attitude.

“Kinda set me into action, tell him what he could have done, other kids didn’t have a support system like Tyler had,” she said.

“I wish him happiness, but only as his truest self,” Tyler added.

Kind of like karma.

ETA

Holy crap! He should have been fired the first time he used social media to criticize a boy using information from what should have been a confidential counseling session! A crime against man and gods.
edit on 18-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join