It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake! E3

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
They'll have it on PS4 for about 6 months exclusively, then port to the Xbox 1.

Most of all their next generation titles are cross platform, it's the only thing that makes sense in today's world, considering how wide the FF brand reaches.

According to what I've read, it's to be a full re-make, keeping most if not all of the original game in tact. They may remove some of the more caddy stuff like Cloud dressing up as a girl and some of the more JRPG classic stuff, but otherwise I imagine it will be pretty dead on to the original.

I for one, am incredibly excited.

I expect the game to launch in 2017 for the 20th anniversary.

~Tenth

Cloud dressing as a girl was paramount to who you ended up with at the date scene. I would hope they leave all old content in and just add some new Easter eggs.

Give that flower to Marlene instead of Tifa in begining and you're well on your way to have Barrett in your date scene.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

They may remove some of the more caddy stuff like Cloud dressing up as a girl and some of the more JRPG classic stuff, but otherwise I imagine it will be pretty dead on to the original.

I hope they keep that in! Like the poster above said, it was a big part of the game!

They also better have the arcade still in there! Spent countless hours just doing that.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream
Seen that trailer some days ago, cant say I am as hyped up as I would have been for it some..Oh lets say..4 or 5 years ago. But still, a FF7 remake! Oh ya! Should be very interesting, I hope they don't do a straight remake, and add plenty of new things in there.

But in all I want to see what the gameplay mechanics would be like, if its just straight up turn based like the original game was, may not be all that great in this day and age. I hope they keep the story and everything as it was, but hope they do something new with the gameplay mechanics as by now there beyond old school, and not many will find it all that fun, most especially considering that newer games have moved beyond that ie such as the other FF coming out FFxv, which basically ditched the old school battle screens completely and went free roam, and from the demo of that game I played some months ago, I am liking that a whole lot better.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I really hope they make a pc version. My last console was a PS 2. There have been a few games i wanted that I never played because I couldn't get them on pc. I just don't like consoles as much, so the price isn't worth the few hours for one games, versus the time I spend playing pc games.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird
To forego the old battle system would be a betrayal in my opinion. The same goes for the Materia system.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail
It would work. But realistically now a days it would do nothing for a majority of people, that whole turn based thing is out of date. The materia system would still work, but I don't know about the whole random battle map encounter which puts you into another battle screen, if the video above is a representation of the actual in game graphics, it would be kind of pointless to do all that, really if there going to be remaking the game, in some ways they have a lot of work cut out for them.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I jizzed so many times watching the trailer it's not even funny...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

It would be rather cool to have a classic battle system and then a more updated one.
Maybe something one could swap through configurations.

I get what you are saying. That would make an awesome game even more so to those who never did play the original.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71
The thing is with the graphics upgrade, and if the game is going to look anything like it did in the trailer. Well the random map battle encounters which take you to another battle screen, are going to be pretty weird, and especially the whole scaled down world map thing like they had in the original, its just going to be pretty weird of they try to redo everything like the original.

I really dont know how there going to do this remake on that level unless they literally just remake the entire game world and then keep the story and plots all the same. And if they do that then its going to be a pretty huge game and a massive undertaking.

Either way, I am really really looking forward to see how there going to do the whole Weapons Boss encounters again, they were pretty much super bosses of FF7 and when you first encounter them or when they first escaped the planets crust back in the original game was pretty epic, but even that there going to have to more then remodel it from the ground up, because the whole block style charters of the original texturing and graphics well there is little to go on.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I was surfing youtube and found a bunch of videos of reactions to the announcement about Final Fantasy 7 and it made me chuckle a little,
cause I shed a tear too when I realized it was happening and saw the trailer for it.
Anyways, here is a bunch of guys reactions to the realization that they really ARE remaking the best RPG ever.
The great thing is, after doing some reading, it is going to be updated so that new gamers can share the experience.

edit on 10-9-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
I was surfing youtube and found a bunch of videos of reactions to the announcement about Final Fantasy 7 and it made me chuckle a little,
cause I shed a tear too when I realized it was happening and saw the trailer for it.
Anyways, here is a bunch of guys reactions to the realization that they really ARE remaking the best RPG ever.
The great thing is, after doing some reading, it is going to be updated so that new gamers can share the experience.

Haha nice! i remember when i saw the playground with mog slide, all of my hair stood up!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: luciddream

December 16 can't come fast enough.
Guess that gives me time to get a ps4 or xbox one

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

by then cost of the system would drop in prices so they will be more affordable too.

Currently im satisfied with PS3... thinking about FF15 but... waiting for one of my friend to give me the review.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The CIA, NSA and EU intelligence agencies have been hiding their mind control criminal activities behind
video games for years. Some of you sure remember those doctors going on tv and explaining that video
games alter your brain and makes you violent.
Well, that's been a good cover up as long as it lasted. A cover up to criminal activity of western
intelligence (STASI was a joke in comparison) aimed at behavior modification that involves nanotechnologies
and radiowaves. Through these technologies they can alter your brain functioning and your behavior
into violent one.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The CIA, NSA and EU intelligence agencies have been hiding their mind control criminal activities behind
video games for years. Some of you sure remember those doctors going on tv and explaining that video
games alter your brain and makes you violent.
Well, that's been a good cover up as long as it lasted. A cover up to criminal activity of western
intelligence (STASI was a joke in comparison) aimed at behavior modification that involves nanotechnologies
and radiowaves. Through these technologies they can alter your brain functioning and your behavior
into violent one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join