It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AKC Help for my English Bulldog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I was hoping you guys would have some advice concerning getting my bulldog registered. I purchased a male English Bulldog last August. The father and mother of the puppy were both registered and the breeder provided me the AKC numbers for the parents. She took my information to send into the AKC to register our puppy. Now, 10 months later I am still trying to get her to get our puppy registered. I went to the AKC website and there was no way for me to personally register our puppy, despite having all the needed information.

I have written the breeder once a week since we purchased the dog. Every time she claims she is working on it and blah blah blah. She says it will be in the mail to me next week, then that week comes and goes and nothing. I have talked to my friend who is an attorney about legal action, but before I take that plunge, are there any other options?

We were going to stud this bulldog out, but it wasn't the main reason for purchasing him. We had a fixed female who needed a friend and I guess we needed another snorting bulldog to sleep in our bed
Thank you for any input you may have.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: warpig69
usually a breeder will register the entire litter. They sign the paper at the time of purchase giving the papers over to you, then you register the dog with AKC. Something's not right here.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Call AKC and give them the breeder's info, as well as the numbers she gave you, and they should tell you if she registered a litter. If not, she has to give your money back. Have you looked on AKC's website? See if any guidance is available there.

So sorry. This is a stressful situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

No help until pictures are posted!!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Step 1 is to register the litter not each puppy. This is done by the breeder.

Step 2 take you puppy papers pick out a name and register your pup.

Step 3 pay AKC

If you have your litter registration papers you are good to go.

If she didn't register the litter...You better get on it.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Are you certain you purchased from a legitimate breeder? There are MANY Amish Bulldog puppy mills.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Thank you guys for your help. I will have to get the pictures up when I get back home. The breeder keeps making claims that she has done the paperwork, but the owner of the father is holding things up. For the amount I paid for this one, this should have been full service. The father is the grandson of Uga, the Georgia Bulldog's mascot.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Here is Moose and Maggie. The puppy on the left is the one I am trying to get the paperwork on. They love that stupid trampoline in our basement.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: warpig69
Here is Moose and Maggie. The puppy on the left is the one I am trying to get the paperwork on. They love that stupid trampoline in our basement.

Such Cuties!!!! I just lost my 10-1/2 year old Engligh Bull. 😞I just got a 8 week old rescue mixed boxer from my local humane society. But I miss the snoring so bad I have so much trouble sleeping without hearing my dog snore and knowing she was okay. I'll post pictures later.

I miss her so bad already.

edit on 6/18/2015 by BigDave-AR because: Added pictures/fix errors

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
That sucks

I would give them a visit and review both parents papers and take a pic with your phone, then verify their authenticity.

Ask them for the registration papers for the pups. If they don't have them, and the parents papers are legit, they probably just never paid the AKC fees to register them. I think it costs like 3-500 dollars per litter. The probably spent the money instead. I have seen this done before.

When they sell AKC registered dogs, they have to be registered before they sell them, or the are not AKC dogs.
This is fraud and misrepresenting the dogs.

I think there is a time limit on registration, so I would get on them. The price keeps going up, the longer they wait.

When I had my Rott registered, there was two registrations, one for a simple reg, which gives you basic bloodline history and a more expensive and detailed reg for breeding purposes. I think the breeding reg is your responsibility.

But they need to be reg before selling to you, as they advertised. Unless they say "litter from AKC dogs" which they usually don't.

I would tell them by certified letter that:

They advertised it as an AKC dog and they are committing fraud by misrepresentation and all contracts will be null and void if the required papers are not delivered by date x, you will be forced to collect damages through legal representation up to and including all legal fees as well as all potential monetary losses from said misrepresentation or value lost to the dogs future litters.
(Which is at least a $10,000 loss)

The certified letter should get em moving on it.
If not, take them to court.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: warpig69

Such Cuties!!!! I just lost my 10-1/2 year old Engligh Bull. 😞I just got a 8 week old rescue mixed boxer from my local humane society. But I miss the snoring so bad I have so much trouble sleeping without hearing my dog snore and knowing she was okay. I'll post pictures later.

I miss her so bad already.

Your new dog is so cute. I hear you on the snoring, when I first got them I could not stand it. Now, I dont think I could sleep at all if I didnt hear them at the foot of the bed. I never had an indoor pet prior to these two. It was quite a shock at first.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Thank you for your suggestion. I would bet they laughed all the way to the bank. At least everything was done by email since we bought the dog so I feel I have a good case. I have the ad she put up showing the dogs as papered. What a pain, why can't people just be honest?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
Ask them for the registration papers for the pups. If they don't have them, and the parents papers are legit, they probably just never paid the AKC fees to register them. I think it costs like 3-500 dollars per litter. The probably spent the money instead. I have seen this done before.

When they sell AKC registered dogs, they have to be registered before they sell them, or the are not AKC dogs.
This is fraud and misrepresenting the dogs.

I think there is a time limit on registration, so I would get on them. The price keeps going up, the longer they wait.

This is correct. My assumption is that the parents are likely AKC registered, but none of the litters produced by the sire and dam are registered. The breeder/seller assumed that you and other buyers would never check up on the issue. I also think the person that you bought the dogs from is not a registered AKC breeder, so if thats the case, you will never be able to get papers using the standard registration method.

You should call the AKC and see if the the sire and dam had a registered litter around the time of your dogs date of birth. If the sire and dam do not have a litter registered with the AKC, at the time of your dogs birth, the breeder must submit the paperwork and pay the fee to get papers to you (if they even are an AKC breeder, its possible that the dogs she owns might be on limited registrations). Note there is a difference between full registration and limited registration. I'd check on the above first, but worst case scenario there is an unknown method to get a dog from an unregistered litter registered with the AKC. Its not a sure thing and is decided by the AKC on a case-by-case basis.

Can you scan the pedigrees of the sire and dam and post them here? Also, what are your plans for these dogs? Are you planning on participating in conformation, obedience competitions, etc? My point is, if you have no "competition plans" the papers are meaningless and I will not guide you though how to get them registered by the alternative method if all you want is house pets.
edit on 18-6-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

I will get the information on the sire and dam when I get home. The seller wrote me today and claims the following after I told her of hiring an attorney:

"I am working on it and will get it done. I had to pay more on my stud fee and with some health issues with my kids money has been tight. I'll get it taken care of this weekend, although I'm not sure I can have the papers back by next week. I'll do my best, and I'm sorry. Life has gotten in the way."

Normally I am empathetic, but there is always an excuse.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Reputable breeders will register their litters on birth, but will register your pup as limited until such a time as proof of castration is shown. (Unless the dog is destined to be a show dog.)

I'm pretty sure that your breeder hasn't provided you the AKC registration number because one or both of the parents are unregistered.

Just a curious question: Why do you want to stud the dog out? Does he meet conformation? Do you want to show him?
edit on 18-6-2015 by kelbtalfenek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Both parents have AKC numbers and this breeder came recommended. However, I know she went through a divorce around this time and is now a single mother of three. She has a farm and breeds horses and show dogs. We wanted to do some shows as my coworker is big into dog shows. We talked about studding him out, not sure if we would ever do it or not, but wanted it as an option. This is why we spent the close to $1700 for a show quality dog.

We have great friends who own bulldogs and we had talked about breeding our pair. But, beings how botched this is, perhaps it is all over our heads. My main peeve is the amount spent for a papered puppy that appears not to be papered. Our female was not papered and we paid closer to $1000, but we knew this going in.
edit on 4amThu, 18 Jun 2015 10:56:54 -0500p561069 by warpig69 because: extra

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I totally understand where you are coming from.

You can petition the AKC and see if that will help you get his registration number. The AKC doesn't like it when breeders pull stunts like this.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I will get on the phone today. She claims this weekend she has everything sent to the AKC and I will see something this week. Probably another stall tactic. I will see what the AKC has something on file.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Got the paperwork last night, everything is done. I wrote her threatening legal action and boom, got the paperwork. Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions.

new topics

top topics

join