It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallo Spaceboy – Exploring the Era of the ‘Contactees’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

The Greys aren't all that well-known for engaging with their contactees/abductees on an intellectual level like their old spaceman precursors. The Greys seem to have no particular message that they want to pass along. They don't seem to care about the environment or nuclear proliferation. They're much more like robots, going about their tasks. Maybe by the time they became prevalent, the major adjustments to the timeline had already been accomplished and the Greys are sent in to monitor how things are progressing. How we are progressing.

Scdfa might be able to enlighten us a little more on that aspect but it certainly appears that way.

In fact if the 'greys' are real creatures then their whole physiology seems totally wrong. Massive heads supported on a tiny neck? What kind of planet could support such a lifeform? The gravity of earth would surely be debilitating if not crippling? And then there is the question of a breathable atmosphere. Very few interactions with aliens seem to involve them wearing any kind of breathing apparatus. So yes they very well could be robotic in nature.

But then again was it Travis Walton say he felt like he was permanently short of breath aboard the craft he supposedly was beamed aboard?

And yes the high strangeness cases are most interesting but I doubt I have the intellectual capacity to work out what is going on.

I just enjoy the speculation.

edit on 23/6/15 by mirageman because: edits

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
And yes the high strangeness cases are most interesting but I doubt I have the intellectual capacity to work out what is going on.

I just enjoy the speculation.

Agreed. It's one of the reasons that I have come to see the phenomenon as something that might simply be beyond our level of understanding. "Real" in the sense that there are different levels of reality depending on a being's intelligence and perceptual abilities. We all agree that taxes are real. We figure them out and pay them. But they are far beyond the understanding of a cat. What's real that is just beyond our understanding?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

Good to see you back

I have missed reading your insightful posts... I guess i will take ur tip and start reading Jaques Vallee books. Im aware of his work just never actually read his books.

Thanks...

I wouldn't say that I'm "Back" but who knows, I do tend to be attracted to above
average quality posts (like this one).

I myself would say that if one hasn't read most of Jacques Vallee's books, then
they aren't serious about the topic of UFOs at all. I suppose people would brand
me a Vallee "fan boy".. and if so, that's fine.. but I do not like his work due to
selection bias / not because he confirms my wild fantasies... I don't really care
what the 'real answer' is about UFOs and other fringe topics. So I'm not subject
to selection bias / negative fanboy-dom really. Granted, it would be fascinating
to really 'know', and not just made educated hypothesis.

I will say that Dr. Vallee was quite excited that the second UFO he had ever detected
(back in 1961 if I recall correctly) was evidencing a very rare / supposedly
impossible behavior at the time, and the one I saw (the only one I've ever
seen) was related to that behavior, which really surprised him. He said that he'd
never gotten another report of that behavior since 1961.

Anyway... just stopped by for a minute.

Kev

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Thanks for dropping in Kev. I would say some UFO sightings are black ops aircraft certainly. But I am sick and tired of going down that road because I just don't buy into it explaining the whole strange phenomena?

Like I said earlier in the thread it's important not to put everything into one or two baskets. I think it's a number of explainable and unexplainable things. And maybe Valee and Keel's ideas are more relevant than the nuts and bolts ETH?

I certainly agree with you.

Yes, there are no doubt black ops aircraft with slightly unusual flight characteristics.

But the 'phenomenon' might go back as far as the first cave paintings! In fact I think
the two are linked.. since human imagination seems to be involved with certain
types of phenomenon that people then think are 'UFOs'.

But also there are those late 1800's UFO sightings that are just absurd.. airships flying
around dropping toilets and garbage on people.. tooling around seen by large numbers
of people.. crossing the Atlantic and Pacific ..well before the Wright Brothers..

You are certainly correct -- no ONE explanation is enough.. not at present at least..

Kev

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It would seem to me, and I've discussed this with Vallee quite a bit,
that the way people perceive aliens goes in waves of a certain archetype
that is seeded at a specific time, usually by one or two very charismatic
contactees.

In fact this effect has even been tested apparently.. I don't have the details
on that however.. that's some of the 'feeding back into the control loop"
type of talk for you there.

I've stopped my research on that topic though.. I've pretty much stopped
all my research.

But I bring this up, because I think there is real case to be made, that there
never have been any grey's or nordics or whatever.. but the human imagination
can certainly be seeded by various means.. that has been discussed to death
on ATS in many forms.

Now, I'm not saying that there isn't something going bump in the night.. I
think that's fairly conclusive.. but how it appears seems completely
irrelevant.. that for the most part, humans have always "chosen the form
of the destructor" ('Ghostbusters reference').

Kev

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The messages from the 'greys,' are similarly apocalyptic or catastrophic. They're here to 'help' and seem to be doing no such thing.
a reply to: Kandinsky

You mean apart from the fact that we've gone seventy years without nuclear war?

Surely they could abduct a leading scientist, teach them about environmentally-friendly technology and dump 'em back in general population none the wiser?

From what I see of Neil Degrasse Tyson, "leading" scientists ain't all that brilliant.
Quite honestly, though, they may have done just that. Not all abductees remember the experience.

But your idea of intelligence may not be their idea of intelligence.
To cows, the intelligent cow is the one who can unlatch the gate and leave the pasture. Then wander onto a busy highway.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 09:38 PM
link   

on ATS in many forms.

No, there is not a "real case" to be made, what hogwash.

Never been any greys? I'm telling you point blank they are real.

In order to make your case, you would have to throw out the testimony of nearly every person who ever witnessed the occupants of UFOs.

And UFOs are not the product of the "seeding of the human imagination", they show up on film.

So, there goes your "real case".

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Hi Scdfa,

Thanks for getting a little deeper than what I usually see from you,

2.I really do not know this one.
If they ever told me, I can't consciously remember it.
I'm not sue to what degree my encounters are similar to others, but they don't volunteer a lot of information or answer a lot of questions. Some questions, yes, but you have to really impress them or annoy them to get their interest.
Nor do they ask many questions, usually they're all business.
Now that you make me think about it, I think they are on a very tight schedule. I can say that with conviction. I don't know if anyone ever said that about them before, I may be the first.

This is why I have such an arrogant attitude when I ask you questions,

If they don't answer many question and there isn't much dialog between you's, how you can be so certain they are actually extra terrestrials?

I might have implied I don't believe you but have said I do believe you believe in what you say and that you have had profound experiences, its just that saying your an expert and that you know what they are doesn't show when you post, or you hold back for some reason or another which is why I and others might imply you might be making things up.

Not that I really believe you are, But I like to challenge people that say they have knowledge of such things to pass on that knowledge, otherwise its just story telling in my opinion, it might be a fact to the one telling the story but without passing the knowledge on by getting into details of how they have discounted other possible reasons or answers that might explain the profound experience and details of how they know its extra terrestrial if its claimed to be.

But back to your question on ET vs. Interdimensional.
Well, in another dimension, there might be planets too.
Or, they could be from another planet, here in our galaxy, or maybe another, and travel in some manner that we may consider to be interdimensional.
So couldn't they be both ET and interdimensional? You can probably throw time travel in there too.

Time travel, I have had experiences with what I believe is manipulation of time by an intelligence not known to myself that I believe is communicating with me and has been ever since I was about 5 years in 1984 in a way that I am not suppose to fully understand until the time in this linear timeline is right.

I try to decipher certain coincidences (which is one thing I don't really believe in, coincidences that is) or synchronicities which lead me in life and guide me to do and act in certain ways at certain times, however I still have no clue what it all means and why I suffer from these delusions (not that I really think they are but could be seen as such to any rational person).

I'm convinced it was entering our dimension, our reality. But its starting point I can't say.

Whats you take on 'our reality'

Do you think it might be as we would know in this point in time what a simulation is, and certain intelligence's can manipulate that?

That is what I lean to explain certain unknowns.

I don't think we are programs or fake beings created by ET or in a spiritual nature, GOD, but are projections of our real selves, projections of a conscious mind linked to a greater intelligence that maybe created but most certainly can manipulate the simulated universes we and all life, intelligent, sentient and not on other planets inhabit, which in turn does sounds like God or an intelligence created us as separate parts of itself.

I'll also tell you this, and this is something I have not revealed to this point. One of them once told my brother of a future event, about a decade before it happened. It was an event that was reported nationally, but of questionable significance. If I told you what it was, you would not believe it.

But you don't think any of it is true anyway.

I wish you would share,

I don't get into what I have experienced much at all I voice my beliefs in a truthful manner which is based on what I receive or what I read that is in front of me, I have shared bits and pieces of what I have experienced in PMs with some members but rarely open up about personal experiences because I want to understand myself and on my own before I try sharing what I know or suspect to others, In your case you give many of these bits and pieces and like to tease readers.

Please share or please send me a PM about what your brother was told.

Stop with teasing of you wont believe, you don't really care who believes or not do you if its really true to you?

I know I don't, If I believe something and want to share it I wont tease readers I will say it and if what I say is criticized I have the choice to respond or to ignore, that's what is great about ATS.

Not responding might shorten the debate/discussion but sometimes that can be positive as we all know how off topic threads can get.

I mean is this long post on topic?

Its questionable, I haven't addressed anything in the OP (which by the way is a great thread and great OP) but I have asked questions directed to you who claims to be one, a contactee that is.

Don't worry, I am still laughing, somethings posted ATS by a wide range of posters that sit on opposite sides of the fence on many subjects make me laugh for many reasons, Its better to laugh than cry.

Laughter towards one doesn't always mean they think its crazy what they are seeing or reading, sometimes it could be laughter in agreement, other times because yes it sounds insane and other times simply because you find contradiction in what you read and remember reading from the same poster or simply because you see so much repetition.

I hope you didn't take what you said In another thread as insulting, I just found it a little ironic coming from you due to you teasing with knowledge so often but never really getting into detail, just jumping on skeptical posts and telling them that you are proof of contact in one way or another, not in those exact words but I hope you get what I mean, you post to emotionally towards skeptical posts just as much a some skeptics post towards believers posts, its funny from both ends.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

In order to make your case, you would have to throw out the testimony of nearly every person who ever witnessed the occupants of UFOs.

And in order to make a case that they are real you would need to show how you discounted that manipulation of a humans mind is a possible cause, when we all know just how possible it is and just how a few alphabet agencies have experimented with mind altering techniques in past and most likely are now in present times.

Its teases like this this

I'm telling you point blank they are real.

That make discussions less enjoyable and more to a I know and you don't know childish argument.

I could simply rely to something like what you said and say 'well I am a CIA operative that works on programs of mind control on various groups of people, random and known to each other and am telling point blank that they are victims of mind control by human factors without any ET influences what so ever other than the ideas implanted in the victims mind by us'.

And UFOs are not the product of the "seeding of the human imagination", they show up on film.

Yes,

all part of the program,

Mind control and advanced avionics are a liked CIA operation,

We have craft that glow orange and look like orbs, we have triangles that fly and hover silently, we have invisibility cloaks on all our craft.

Not really.

Your words like mine are simply that with not much thought put behind them.

You say there are deniers but you yourself are one (due to your belief or as you say knowledge) as your only response to certain posts is that you know and have seen ET without like I said in my previous post how you know, what has lead you to that knowledge and how you discounted any other possible explanation.

Many have asked but it seems quite a few have simply given up due to how you react to posts at times not directed at you.

Stop posting with such emotional tones, it sounds like you get offended because people are skeptical, that is funny, sorry but it is, its the internet, Its ATS and most of us anonymous, don't take it so seriously or if you must take the serious stance and open up on how you know and are certain its Extra terrestrial and not something else which like I said before just might be as profound as ET because its would be alien to our knowledge but maybe not alien to the earth.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

In fact if the 'greys' are real creatures then their whole physiology seems totally wrong. Massive heads supported on a tiny neck? What kind of planet could support such a lifeform? The gravity of earth would surely be debilitating if not crippling? And then there is the question of a breathable atmosphere. Very few interactions with aliens seem to involve them wearing any kind of breathing apparatus. So yes they very well could be robotic in nature.

Leonard Stringfield claims to have corroborated testimony from doctors who have done autopsies on the greys, his collected findings are in the following link, starting at the bottom of page 3.

Link

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

on ATS in many forms.

No, there is not a "real case" to be made, what hogwash.

Never been any greys? I'm telling you point blank they are real.

And UFOs areI not the product of the "seeding of the human imagination", they show up on film.

Oh I get your perspective.

When I was in my early 20's I definitely encountered 'physical phenomenon' that was
'not in my head'. Call that sort of thing physical beings, energy being, djinn, demons,
gray aliens.. call it whatever you like.

Only.. the boundary between the 'imagination' and 'physically real' is much more nebulous
than people want to believe.. at least sometimes... (in cases of high strangeness).

So I'm not attacking you, or belittling you or arguing with you.

On the other hand, extensive research has been done, and how we want to see the
phenonemon/critters/ aliens whatever you want to say.. is a definite factor as
to HOW we 'see' whatever is really there.

And nobody, not you, not me, not skeptics or true believers truly KNOW what is
'really there'.

That is my only point. If you have observations about 'gray aliens' I'm as keen as
anyone to hear your point of view.

I hope that clears that up.

Kev

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

"You mean apart from the fact that we've gone seventy years without nuclear war? "

www.history.com...

Actually the last time we nearly had nuclear war was just 31 years ago...

Now I've got a flashlight.. and when i wave it around, herds of elephants are repelled
and don't stampede into my house and eat my cheerios.

So that flashlight must be doing the trick.

I think that most people would agree, that the reason we haven't had a nuclear war
yet, is due to the "mutually assured destruction" scenario we are in.. nobody..
except some religious nut jobs want to blow up the world.. because that would suck..
no more ice cream and sunrises and all the other nice things in life. There could be
no winners in such a scenario.. that's the only reason it hasn't happened.

I know that it's psychologically comforting, to hope that some big, invisible daddy
figures in the sky will save us and kiss our boo boo's.

But we are in the middle of the Sixth Great Mass Extinction,

and I guess our alien father figures are slacking.. because they haven't stopped it.. in fact
it's accelerating.

Species die out every day of the year... go extinct. We humans will do the same.. some day.

Kev

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Only.. the boundary between the 'imagination' and 'physically real' is much more nebulous
than people want to believe.. at least sometimes... (in cases of high strangeness).

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

A big issue with Len Stringfield is that he was a lightning rod for the same sort of folk that perpetuated so many of the 1980s memes. Hoaxers and people in the military had equal access to him and it's hard to work out how much he was able to verify their backgrounds.

I could be way off beam, it's just an impression, I think he was possibly used as a sounding board by the myth-makers. He had the stories of aliens being shot by military base guards and then he had the images of dead aliens. I wonder if someone was trying to work out how much was too much to believe and what would be plausible?

He could have been groomed to be a channel of disinformation or maybe he was just amenable and open-minded enough to attract them?

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Hello mate,

Yes I've had my 'debates' with 'Scdfella' myself in the past. But then I realised the guy had a sense of humour I've definitely mellowed to him now. And he's certainly offered some very interesting comments.

I will also defend him because he's going through a lot at the moment and it's easy to get wound up by anyone when you are in a fragile state of mind. Let's face it there are a lot more important things in this world than discussions on fringe topics like this!

So I'll leave it there for Scdfa to reply to you if he wishes and respect his silence if he chooses not to.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Only.. the boundary between the 'imagination' and 'physically real' is much more nebulous than people want to believe.. at least sometimes... (in cases of high strangeness). ......... extensive research has been done, and how we want to see the phenomenon/critters/ aliens whatever you want to say..... is a definite factor as to HOW we 'see' whatever is really there......

'really there'.

That's a very salient point because our brains do fill in the blanks more often than we think.

Can we ever really understand what 'reality' is with our limited humans senses?

edit on 24/6/15 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 111DPKING111

Thanks for that link. There's a lot of other good stuff on that site too!

a reply to: Kandinsky

Yeh! I'm not sure myself about Len Stringfield's stories. They are very entertaining though!

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Definitely.

But I was also referring to the fact that the difference between 'essence' and substance
(energy and matter) isn't much at all...

Take away the Highs Boson and nothing
much would be 'solid'.

I think that it's entirely feasible that 'high
strangeness' is merely yet misunderstood
electromagnetics effects or some other
basic field type which just happens to
also have psychoactive effects.

Since our bodies and brains are
electrochemical in nature, that's
not surprising.

Kev

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
I think that it's entirely feasible that 'high strangeness' is merely yet misunderstood electromagnetics effects or some other basic field type which just happens to also have psychoactive effects.
Since our bodies and brains are electrochemical in nature, that's not surprising.

The "projective" part of the equation is what baffles me. These manifestations sometimes leave real, physical traces and can be photographed. So it's a kind of dream or hallucination that manages to contain an external physical component? That would seem to me to suggest an external force of some kind at work.

Which is why I don't immediately laugh off the folks who equate them with demons. People conjure up demons with Ouija Boards and experience (or at least interpret some of the effects as) something physical. I don't generally think of my imagination as being strong enough to have a physical effect, but then again I'm thinking of words and typing them up on a keyboard, so something's happening there.

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I'm sorry, you seem like a cool person, but this is Vallee-style nonsense.

Nothing "imaginary" about flying saucers.
They've been photographed and filmed for almost a century. If it shows up on film, it's real.

So why would the occupants be "nebulous" and "imaginary" when their vehicles are solid objects?
Can you not see how preposterous that is?
How would imaginary beings pilot real vehicles?
Why would they need vehicles in the first place if they are imaginary?

Stop being silly and start taking this situation seriously, would be my advice.

On the other hand, extensive research has been done, and how we want to see the
phenonemon/critters/ aliens whatever you want to say.. is a definite factor as
to HOW we 'see' whatever is really there.

Complete BS.
I was first taken in 1966, long before I had any idea what a grey was. Yet, they were greys.

Are you actually suggesting that people from all around the world, of radically different cultures, walks of life, and religions, including little children who were never exposed to the image of a grey, just wanted to see greys?
Does that actually sound like a reasonable explanation to you?
It isn't.

'really there'.

Speak for yourself. You have no idea what I have experienced or what I know.

And I'm not a "true believer", I'm a victim of kidnapping and unwanted medical procedures, often of a reproductive nature.
In what way is it acceptable to tell a victim of sexual assault that they don't know what their assailant really looks like?
I find it extremely offensive, and rightly so.

I may not know where they are from or exactly what they're up to, but don't try to tell me I don't know what they look like physically. I was there, and I know exactly what they look like.

You see, this is why I think Vallee is pure disinformation. After forty years research, all he can do is encourage people to shrug their shoulders and say "nobody knows anything". Nonsense. We know a great deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join