It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hallo Spaceboy – Exploring the Era of the ‘Contactees’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I'm the same way. What appeared to have been a road show of chancers slowly morphs into something more complicated.

Likewise it's tempting to attribute everything to Intel agencies. It's equivalent to saying UFO reports are all secret technology and explaining a mystery with a mystery. Guys like Adamski were selling similar notions of brotherhood and peace before 1947; he bolted on the Orthon meetings to keep them modern, topical and give them credence.

Using his example, any Intel interference could have only been attracted to him because he was already known. Maybe they massaged his story and perhaps they cleared the way for him to carry on in the face of sceptical opposition? He did name scientists and he was, apparently, protected from having to prove his connections in court. Like a modern-day published medium, it pays to avoid mentioning checkable, living people.

But I'm also thinking that they were getting far too much credit for creating something they were supposed to be investigating. That's why I'm not buying that the intel boys are solely responsible for the UFO phenomenon. They are involved in it for sure. But I'm convinced there's something more to it all than weather balloons, spook stories, brainwashing and ECM.

All too often people want to stick a flag in one explanation and then defend it in the face of anything to the contrary. Some align themselves to a particular hypothesis (psycho-social/ETH/IDH/demons/Intel/hallucinations/hysteria etc etc) and declare war on everything else. Instead there are cases that have been hallucinations and some lend themselves to the PSH. A radar-visual report puts ETH and IDH on the table. Project Camelot shows that some people take it upon themselves to wholly create elaborate stories. Jim Oberg has shown that some UFO reports are the effects of Proton launches. None of these few examples are mutually exclusive and yet the discussion is always trying to force an either/or position.

So yeah, it's possible to look at the 1950s UFO flaps and wonder about the bizarre humanoid encounters. It's very interesting to consider the messages that have been reported from such encounters - whether sociologically, folkloricly (sp?) or as part of a larger mystery. The underlying messages of catastrophism and supposed redemption tweak my interest. They tie in with similar messages from other 'humanoid encounters' that are otherwise called angels and spirits. So whilst clever skeptics and believers are arguing about aliens yes/no, they're overlooking something that appears, to me, much more complicated and, potentially, culture-defining.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I listened to an old Nick Redfern interview today about the "Contactees". He seems to really enjoy the history of a bunch of entirely random folks who had a story or two to tell about meeting spacemen (or women) as in Truman Bethurum's case.

Interestingly he claims that just as many people claim to be contactees today as they did back in the 1950s. He also is careful not to jump to conclusions.

Sadly not many people seem to be around on the boards at the moment to add anything to this thread and keep the discussion going.

Never mind it's that time of the year again. The sun doesn't go down until after 10pm and the temperatures are into the highs of 15-16C here in NW England! People have better things to do

I might pick up a copy of Nick Redfern's book "Contactees" and for another chuckle just read through your Buck Nelson thread again.

Cheers MM

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Never mind it's that time of the year again. The sun doesn't go down until after 10pm and the temperatures are into the highs of 15-16C here in NW England! People have better things to do

Yup. theres a ton more i could add, but the days are hotter now, so less time on aTS and more out in the vitamin D (not to mention my writing skills are struggling to express my complex thougths on this issue to begin with).

I have recently been listening to Richard Dolan and Michael Schratt about the breakaway civ. in the 'secret space program' conference in 2014.
Now i know it might be off-topic but imo it is central to the topic. I believe the contactees are an integral part of a sudden, secret advancement in the black world and most if not all of the 'contactees' that we know of in the mainstream (some of which you have kindly written about in the OP), have done their job of (whats that word???) - basically undermining the real contactees work, so that today contactee is simply another word for 'conman' in most peoples view.

thats what im gathering from the data so far! How far off am i?

What is your current stance with regards to all the data you have analyzed thus far (in your life)?!

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Don't lose heart MM. Some good threads don't take off and some take a while to get going.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Oh wow! I'll try to answer that as concisely as I can.

Dolan and Secret Space Program?

Well hmmmm! I loved his first two "UFOs and the National Security State" works as they are almost the unwritten history of the Cold War. The Secret Space Program sort of dragged me in at first. But then I thought , nope the guy's either losing it or he's hit that brick wall that everyone trying to make a living out of UFO sub-culture eventually hits. How do I carry on making money with no hard tangible evidence?

So he chose to rip off an obscure SW England Science mock-umentary - Alternative 3 and John Carpenter's late 1980s B-movie "They Live!" and came up with this off-world human civilization idea to talk about.

Here's a more in depth link for you
: They Live!

Richard Dolan is a very articulate narrator and presenter and I like him a lot. But that doesn't mean I agree with everything he says either.

As for the big question

What is your current stance with regards to all the data you have analyzed thus far (in your life)?!

I guess the brief answer is that I've not really changed my mind that much. Despite the thousands of UFO stories I don't think aliens visit this planet very often and there are multiple different things going on.

So amongst all the data, an awful lot of it is crap because people are mistaken, or make stuff up, some of it is weird but entirely natural, some of it is due to the obfuscation of the letter agencies of the US (and it's allies) and at the bottom of it all something is going on. But it's literally a needle in the cosmic haystack to find out what is going on.

The Contactees did have links with the letter agencies and that path seems to make a lot of sense to me.

On the other side of it all I've had a "Space Race" thread idea for a long, long time but never managed to pull it together . Maybe I'll resurrect that idea sooner or later?

But please don't let me put you off the "Secret Space Program" ideas because what I think may not be what you do.

Regards MM

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Don't lose heart MM. Some good threads don't take off and some take a while to get going.

Oh I haven't lost heart because I get a lot of enjoyment from reading up on this stuff myself whilst pulling a post together. It's just that time of the year and probably people are not as enthusiastic about the topic as me.

Thanks anyway for keeping it going for awhile.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I see.

I pretty much agree with your view too. Except that the exception to the rule (or the 'needle in the haystack') that is truth, imho is the difference i guess.

What specifically kind of estimation does your view of things entail?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

What specifically kind of estimation does your view of things entail?

I'm not sure I fully understand the question.

But I try to think of it like this.

Our spacecraft have ventured out into the local solar system and even landed in some cases on various celestial bodies. But not very often and we've only ever been to the Moon in person. Out in the cosmos there are more planets than people on Earth. So if the universe is teeming with multiple intelligent space faring species then what's so special about us? Why would aliens be coming here and concealing their existence as well in such massive numbers? Surely there are other races worthy of their attention who might be on a similar level to them?

What if, on the other hand, the universe only produces the odd burst of intelligence that can take a species beyond its' own planet only now and again? Because for millions of years the best we had here on earth were dinosaurs who invented nothing. Even now, despite their intelligence, mammals like dolphins and the apes have hardly progressed with their technology either have they?

Then we also have to consider that we may not be alone, but that we may never be able to meet, or communicate with an alien species because they are too far away and/or our technology is totally incompatible.

It's a huge conundrum and not easily answered.

Despite all the arguments about probability of life existing elsewhere and weight of evidence for ET visitation the fact is that until we discover life beyond earth and real proof of ET instead of 'evidence' we are left scratching our heads. Or whatever it is we want to scratch.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As a Millenial I wonder how there is no more Contactees anymore at this current decade?

I can't speak as to this current decade, but my family had abduction experiences as late as 2003 or 2004. After that, nothing we can really recall, and that's probably for a couple of reasons.
One. we are getting old, not many old abductees to my knowledge. And two, none of us had children, we know that they follow through generations. If an abductee has kids, most likely they will come back.

But as far as I know, the abductions have not ceased, although according to some they have enter a new phase, a late phase, and the day is drawing near for their efforts to come to fruition.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

As to why the aliens seemed human like in the 1950s and early 1960s, became little grey guys in later decades and seemed to be done with Planet Earth in recent years is a bit of a conundrum.

Keep in mind there are many different aliens with different agendas. The humanoid aliens are still a fair percentage of alleged alien contact, I know people that have encountered Nordic aliens relatively recently.

Great thread, Mirageman, although it's clear to me that you lean one way more than the other. That's okay, your contributions are terrific.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Hey MM, great thread.

I don't always get a chance to participate in high quality threads, as I prefer to say something of substance, but time is very limited at the moment.

Suffice to say, this a well researched and very interesting thread.

Duly starred and flagged.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I was actually referring to your take on the alleged existence of a secret space program the likes of which would sound too far fetched to believe anyhow!
Is there any specific facts that you know of that disprove such a notion?

Either way, if and when i have more time i might one day come around to explaining why i see a connection between contactees and nasa etc...

Thanks for the insight

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Hello Scdfella.

I haven't bumped into you for a while and I actually think I've got used to you now. I think we know our views are somewhat apart and I accept that.

However what I'd like to know is where you actually stand on a couple of things.

i) I keep coming across how the intel boys seemed to have poisoned the ET subject (probably from 1947 onwards). Do you have a view on that? Are they heavily involved?

ii) In your experience are these aliens something from another world (like ours) or are they really 'alien' to us? What I mean by that is they exist beyond our own perceptions of reality. Call it a different dimension if you like.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Hello mate.

Good to hear from you again and those Gulf Breeze and Heaven's Gate threads you did a year or so ago were the sort of stuff that led me onto this topic. It's crazy stuff but entertaining as well.

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I did a post about the Secret Space Program nearly 3 years ago now.

I haven''t seen anything convincing since. We probably have secret tech up there, spying on people down here, but I am still not convinced of the "Breakaway Civilization" ideas.

edit on 20/6/15 by mirageman because:
stuck on keyboard

posted on Jun, 20 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman

Hello Scdfella.

I haven't bumped into you for a while and I actually think I've got used to you now. I think we know our views are somewhat apart and I accept that.

However what I'd like to know is where you actually stand on a couple of things.

i) I keep coming across how the intel boys seemed to have poisoned the ET subject (probably from 1947 onwards). Do you have a view on that? Are they heavily involved?

ii) In your experience are these aliens something from another world (like ours) or are they really 'alien' to us? What I mean by that is they exist beyond our own perceptions of reality. Call it a different dimension if you like.

1. I just don't know for certain, but, yes of course they have. Whoever "they" are. There is a clear record of decades of damage control, efforts to minimize the credibility of those with genuine information and experiences by promoting or inventing charlatans. But what do I know.

2.I really do not know this one.
If they ever told me, I can't consciously remember it.
I'm not sue to what degree my encounters are similar to others, but they don't volunteer a lot of information or answer a lot of questions. Some questions, yes, but you have to really impress them or annoy them to get their interest.
Nor do they ask many questions, usually they're all business.
Now that you make me think about it, I think they are on a very tight schedule. I can say that with conviction. I don't know if anyone ever said that about them before, I may be the first.

But back to your question on ET vs. Interdimensional.
Well, in another dimension, there might be planets too.
Or, they could be from another planet, here in our galaxy, or maybe another, and travel in some manner that we may consider to be interdimensional.
So couldn't they be both ET and interdimensional? You can probably throw time travel in there too.

I will say this. I once witnessed a flying saucer slowly 'fade in', until it was shiny, solid and focused, fifty feet in elevation, almost right above us. At first it was almost translucent. I'm convinced it was entering our dimension, our reality. But its starting point I can't say.

I'll also tell you this, and this is something I have not revealed to this point. One of them once told my brother of a future event, about a decade before it happened. It was an event that was reported nationally, but of questionable significance. If I told you what it was, you would not believe it.

But you don't think any of it is true anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

It's not I don't believe what you say is true. I believe that is your perception of the truth. I also think that the whole ET topic is not simply one thing or the other. It's almost certainly many things. One of which seems to be an ability to mess with our minds in some way.

Which brings me on to this point you raised.

I will say this. I once witnessed a flying saucer slowly 'fade in', until it was shiny, solid and focused, fifty feet in elevation, almost right above us. At first it was almost translucent. I'm convinced it was entering our dimension, our reality. But its starting point I can't say.

This is vaguely similar to the description given by a forestry worker in Scotland back in 1979. Bob Livingston who claimed the rather strange looking craft he witnessed was partially translucent.

Bob Taylor - Livingston Incident 1979

There were physical markings at the site and Taylor's trousers showed sign of damage. The weird thing is that he was not too far from the M8 motorway, it was late morning and not a soul witnessed anything strange in the sky?

It's still the only UFO case to be the subject of a criminal investigation in the UK.

It seemed to be a nuts and bolts UFO to the witness (even though the description is very different from your regular sci-fi UFO). Physical traces of something in the area were found and Bob Taylor suffered an experience that was very real to him.

Could it be CIA? Well I doubt it and I somehow doubt MI5 or any of our own intel boys were behind it either.

So I suspect we humans may not actually be be capable of comprehending the 'real phenomenon' and it actually manifests itself in the mind of the witness as whatever the witness conceives it to be. But I am way out of my depth trying to expand on that theory without more data and scientific knowledge.

I've almost de-railed my own thread now. So to bring it back on topic.

Maybe Adamski or other contactees genuinely did have some kind of 'experience' of something but then embellished things with faked photos and film because they knew they could not prove any of it was real to others?

edit on 21/6/15 by mirageman because: I have no idea what the post below has to do with this thread but so what?

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Haha, I'm listening to track 10, of an album that came out early nineties.

so many damned layers, the obsessiveness nearly destructed the band before they were noticed for their genius.

only album I can listen to all day on repeat, the feeling remains but the impressions are a flow.

we won't be long, we won't be long.. .
edit on 21-6-2015 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

It's not I don't believe what you say is true. I believe that is your perception of the truth.

Same thing, dude.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

So I suspect we humans may not actually be be capable of comprehending the 'real phenomenon' and it actually manifests itself in the mind of the witness as whatever the witness conceives it to be.

You and a lot of humans in here may not be capable of comprehending the real phenomenon, alright. Even though we describe it in fairly substantial detail, again and again.

We tell you about the event, and it manifests in your mind as whatever you conceive it should be, instead of what it actually is. It's a bizarre form of denial.

You're smart enough to see that it is like we tell you.

Dealing with the alien situation as if it was a matter of speculation is like dealing with climate change as if it was a matter of speculation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join