It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: Teen Boy Shot and Killed by Cop for Flashing Headlights and Flexing Rights

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I saw the pictures of his face. But I did not see the kid do it. How do you know when and how he got those injuries, if they indeed are injuries at all? How do you know what happened when the camera mysteriously got turned off at the critical moment in this whole travesty?

Instead of asking when lethal force is supposed to be used, why not ask why he pulled the kid over in the first place? Did he actually have a reason to stop the kid or was he just abusing his big-fish-in-a-little-pond authority and it got out of hand?

Here is another question for you: When is the general public supposed to stand up to tyranny in any form? After they are handcuffed, tased, and shot seven times?

Before you go off on a rant, no, I am not saying the cop is a tyrant. But the analogy is true and the actions of many cops are tyrannical. Remember the drunk cop in Chicago that beat up a female bartender then pulled his service weapon on the patrons who spoke out against it? Is that tyrannical behavior...or was that on the edge of necessary lethal force?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

It didn't link back to the associated press. I went to associated own website and they didn't have it.
I went to Rueters, they didn't have it. I went to every major network news site and they didn't have it.
How much more do I need to search ?
I'm going to look up Sgt Frost in the Eaton county sheriff's dept. See what that gets me.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Well, this is interesting:

MSP investigators interviewed Guilford's father and girlfriend, who both said he had been watching YouTube videos of police encounters with citizens. While he didn't express anti-police views, Lloyd's release said Guilford described the videos as examples of police violating citizens' rights.

For those of you said it sounded just like something on youtube, yep. For those of us who said he *thought* his rights were being violated (when they weren't) and acted the punk, yep.

Still not worthy of death, but still.

Oh, and then they have to throw in this:

Toxicology results showed that THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, was in Guilford's system at the time of the stop. The level of the substance "suggests that Deven used marijuana within three to four hours or sooner," of the traffic stop, according to a press release issued by Lloyd's office.

Linky

edit on 18-6-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Definitely a huge conspiracy: it never really happened.

Here's a local FOX17 story.

Just because something happens doesn't mean every single national media outlet is going to cover it. They can't—and don't—cover everything but oftentimes link to the local affiliate. Unless there's a reason, perceived or otherwise, or an agenda, for them to bring it to national attention and run it into the ground, it's not going to be in the national spotlight.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

It didn't link back to the associated press. I went to associated own website and they didn't have it.
I went to Rueters, they didn't have it. I went to every major network news site and they didn't have it.
How much more do I need to search ?
I'm going to look up Sgt Frost in the Eaton county sheriff's dept. See what that gets me.

I don't know that you have to search any further.
We have two local newspapers, as opposed to blogs, carrying the story. I think that the story is real and not something that was concocted on the Internet.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Sadly when reading this I hoped it wasn't a true story. It is almost fantastical and unbelievable.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Ok I did find a document from the Eaton county prosecutors office at a link from the Eaton county sheriff's dept. It's a down load but search Jonathan frost on the sheriffs web site to find it. First article is 404d but the second is good and has the PDF file.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: roaland

Showing a little "respect" goes a long damn way. I find it odd that in this day of social conditioning that those who are demanding "respect" are also the same group who who pick and choose who gets it?

I'm 52 years old and ANY time I get involved with a LEO in an "official" manner? I give them respect as I always have! It has ALWAYS meant I got to go home versus spending some time in a jail cell or DEAD!

Life is about choices?

It is not respect, but rule by fear.
If I lived in North Korea, and got questioned by the police there I would comply the same there as I do here.
Call me a sheep if you like.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Police are facing a reckoning now. Public anger increases. Random violence against cops is escalating and I find myself secretly rooting AGAINST so-called "Law Enforcement". They have killed 600 people this year. I say # 'em.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Can anyone download the PDF it includes statements and medical and autopsy reports.
edit on 6182015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

Frost's patrol vehicle did not have a dash camera.

Hell, I thought EVERY cop car had a dashcam. THAT'S weird.

Link

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Oh look... here's the rest of the story. Context is truth, people...

•Guilford was able to get up and charge at Frost, Lloyd said. Still images of the video, blurred during this exchange, show Guilford moving toward Frost.

•Frost backed up, said Lloyd, and he and Guilford moved off to the side of the road.

Frost's body camera was knocked off into the snow during the altercation but Guilford's cell phone, laying on the pavement by his car, kept recording.

Lloyd said the struggle ended with Guilford on top of Frost in a roadside ditch. Guilford was hitting Frost in the face, he said.

Lloyd said Frost reported that he feared he would lose consciousness and that Guilford would take his gun. Lloyd said Frost felt he needed to defend himself and used his gun to do so.

Lloyd said Frost's gun did not fire at first, but Frost ejected an unfired round and eventually fired seven shots, all of which hit Guilford at close range. Guilford was shot once in the head, right chest, upper belly, left armpit, lower chest, right wrist and right forearm.
Source

This habit of posting a short YouTube video with a sensational title to present one side of a story and INTENTIONALLY MISLEAD PEOPLE is getting very annoying.

And all this occurred in how many seconds before being shot?

Tazed 5:25
Gun Shots 5:41

So your telling me all that took place in less than 15 seconds?
Fighting at the side of the car, fighting in the ditch, and enough beatings to make one unconscious all in less than 15 seconds?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: Char-Lee

its not called groveling. Its called picking your battles. You aren't going to win a battle with a cop while he is pulling you over. Your going to win it be taking it to court, and until then, you play the nice citizen and comply with the officers demands because at that moment in time, he is the one with the upper hand. In a court room using the situation i describe in my very first post by complying with the officer to the point of not escalating the situation and waiting to pounce until you get into a court room, you now have the upper hand because you have shown that you know the law, you know your rights and you know when and when not to show your claws.

All that wisdom makes sense to an adult. A 17 year old boy [they are all cheeky] would not always have that sort of insight.
Nothing at all can excuse the murder cop's actions. Nothing!

Police should always try to keep peace and if the situation isn't worth it, let it go. Often here in the UK the police let a car thief go if the pursuit proves too dangerous. So what, it happens, in the name of peace.

But roid-cops take everything personal. The correct thing to do for murder-cop would have been to acknowledge what the kid was saying and NOT throw around his weight. The situation was just not worth it but it became personal:

"How dare you peasant not to obey my mighty orders, you do as I say or I'll kill you." < Because that is exactly what happened. No excuse.

BTW, one night [New Years] coming home down a country lane near Cambridge [UK], I was also aware of a car parked very stupidly with its beams full on.
My first instinct was to flash them to let them know they were completely blinding oncoming traffic but because I couldn't see anything, I was crawling along [I had to slow right down] and saw that it was actually a POLICE CAR!!!

Suddenly I was glad that I didn't flash them [no idea why, just a gut feeling], not that they would have shot me but I was worried about a ticket or something like that.
Anyway, it was a bit eerie that they were absolutely aware that their beams were on.
Only reasons we could think of would have been:

- Catching drunk drivers??? [WTH, how would they tell, everyone would somehow react to beams - no?]
- Catching speeders??? [Again, nobody was able to speed there because they jut couldn't see being blinded]
- Winding the people up? [boredom?]
or...

- Waiting to be flashed!!!!!!

...to do WHAT? [Glad I didn't]

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt
a reply to: alienjuggalo

The way he screamed in terror at he end of the video made me sick to my stomach

That was from the taser prong, right before the kid stood up and attacked the officer.

Tell your stomach to get its facts straight.

So should he have just laid there and took the tazer and not tried to stop the source of pain from someone who may have been an impersonator. The cop should have never pulled him over. this was a trolling stop. He rides around with his bright lights and pulls people over for flashing him, which is historically for at least 40 years a means of letting other drivers know they have bright lights on. The fault is that according to the local poster it is a misdemeanor in that little Podunk town to flash your lights closer than some arbitrary distance. This cop was trolling for government plunder and he was pissed off that a meager 17 year old had the nerve to question him and why he was pulled over. The kid obviously didn't feel like he had done anything that was clearly warranting of a traffic stop and thought the person may not have been who he said he was. In his mind he was fighting for his life.

Now maybe the cop was justified in his mind for pulling the kid over but he clearly could have handled this differently and in a professional manner.
"son why did you flash your lights at me?"
"You want my badge number? Okay its 9999, now I need to see your licenses and insurance info and I will go run that through while you sit tight for a second."
"Just to let you know young man its a violation to flash your lights to close to the other driver, I know my lights are a little bright, so just keep that in mind next time, Have a good evening"

The officer was not in the mindset for that type of encounter. He was looking for obedience and grovelling.

Agree 100% that's the most logical assumption.

I bet the injury to the cop was self inflicted or a accidental head but from BEING electrocuted!!

Exactly how do you stop moving with x000's of volts coursing thru you?!?!

The kid looked far smaller then the police officer and I doubt could have beaten him in a fair fight anyway.

That said, the fact sharpton isn't setting up protests completely discredits any other police brutality protests!!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

I bet the injury to the cop was self inflicted

Possible, but...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: roaland
a reply to: Char-Lee

its not called groveling. Its called picking your battles. You aren't going to win a battle with a cop while he is pulling you over. Your going to win it be taking it to court, and until then, you play the nice citizen and comply with the officers demands because at that moment in time, he is the one with the upper hand. In a court room using the situation i describe in my very first post by complying with the officer to the point of not escalating the situation and waiting to pounce until you get into a court room, you now have the upper hand because you have shown that you know the law, you know your rights and you know when and when not to show your claws.

All that wisdom makes sense to an adult. A 17 year old boy [they are all cheeky] would not always have that sort of insight.
Nothing at all can excuse the murder cop's actions. Nothing!

Police should always try to keep peace and if the situation isn't worth it, let it go. Often here in the UK the police let a car thief go if the pursuit proves too dangerous. So what, it happens, in the name of peace.

But roid-cops take everything personal. The correct thing to do for murder-cop would have been to acknowledge what the kid was saying and NOT throw around his weight. The situation was just not worth it but it became personal:

"How dare you peasant not to obey my mighty orders, you do as I say or I'll kill you." < Because that is exactly what happened. No excuse.

BTW, one night [New Years] coming home down a country lane near Cambridge [UK], I was also aware of a car parked very stupidly with its beams full on.
My first instinct was to flash them to let them know they were completely blinding oncoming traffic but because I couldn't see anything, I was crawling along [I had to slow right down] and saw that it was actually a POLICE CAR!!!

Suddenly I was glad that I didn't flash them [no idea why, just a gut feeling], not that they would have shot me but I was worried about a ticket or something like that.
Anyway, it was a bit eerie that they were absolutely aware that their beams were on.
Only reasons we could think of would have been:

- Catching drunk drivers??? [WTH, how would they tell, everyone would somehow react to beams - no?]
- Catching speeders??? [Again, nobody was able to speed there because they jut couldn't see being blinded]
- Winding the people up? [boredom?]
or...

- Waiting to be flashed!!!!!!

...to do WHAT? [Glad I didn't]

Yes because obviously it's more imortant to protect the protectors rather then those police are armed, trained and paid to protect.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

Now maybe the cop was justified in his mind for pulling the kid over but he clearly could have handled this differently and in a professional manner.
"son why did you flash your lights at me?"
"You want my badge number? Okay its 9999, now I need to see your licenses and insurance info and I will go run that through while you sit tight for a second."
"Just to let you know young man its a violation to flash your lights to close to the other driver, I know my lights are a little bright, so just keep that in mind next time, Have a good evening"

The officer was not in the mindset for that type of encounter. He was looking for obedience and grovelling.

Your chain of events is accurate up until a point: the kid did not, would not, refused, to provide those documents. Had he provided them, then the rest of the events might have played out like you mentioned.

The kid is legally required to show that information. Period. He repeatedly refused. Period. That's NOT a cause for his killing, but the stall in the encounter happened when THE KID repeatedly refused lawful commands.

(Boy, I can't believe I'm on this side of the argument).

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

He was a Sgt in the sheriffs dept. Not local police. Local police were called to assist but all were too far away. They also don't have badges so he was correct in saying he couldn't show it. He has a number like a badge number so that clears up the whole you said you wouldn't give it to me and no I didn't I said I couldn't show it to you business.
The autopsy shows only one prong of the teaser made contact and did not imbed which is why he yells ow but is not immobilized by the taser. The report says he jumped right up and started punching the officer in the face.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Regularly we see stories here that have happened months and motnhs ago but were being kept in the dark to the public. You simply conclude that it is fake because your tv box didnt tell you about it?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Correct. He asked eight times for his ID. Devin didn't have it because he'd left his wallet at his girlfriend's house. She, after getting a call from Devin who then didn't speak to her because he was yelling at the officer to let him go, brought the wallet to the scene later.
edit on 6182015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join