It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rot has set in.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: olaru12

Haha you got me there. Cultural rot used to be something I worried about, but then I sorta became a pseudo-hippy and just stopped caring about those things. Society is a self-created prison anyways.

Perhaps you should join us real-hippy's and realize that society, cultural rot, politics, everything, is just one big surreal cartoon placed here for our entertainment.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Cheers folks, I shall continue refraining from r̶e̶s̶e̶a̶r̶c̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ Googling the Kardashians then, they are just media whore shallownesss I assume?
I ignore those types.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand
Yep, but keep in mind, every duck face selfie you see in your kids phone, Facebook or family album ...you have K-dash to thank for it

edit on 17-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: grainofsand
Yep, but keep in mind, every duck face selfie you see in your kids phone, Facebook or family album ...you have K-dash to thank of it
Only got the one young adult son, and he doesn't do the pout-lips pics thing, or even 'selfies', but he does chase girls who do that strange ego-photo thing...can't blame him, most of them are well fit and I'm often jealous lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I dunno Zazz...that story where apparently K Jenner felt up her sister is some pretty historic stuff. How else would I know the current economic status of countries stymied by globalizing markets if Kim's airbrushed butt wasn't online.

The entirety of the study of business and my MBA rests upon Kylie Jenner I'll have you know

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

...without caring a stitch for anything or anyone other than herself.

She talked about her daughter, her sisters (individually) and her mother. Oh, and the "haters". And yes, she talked about herself... but it WAS a letter to herself... What should it be about?

I hadn't seen this, but I don't get why this means she represents "rot". The rot that has set in is that there's hatred everywhere we look.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Who's hating who?
I still don't even know why a nation of 340 million ish seem to love this particular family.
I refuse to r̶e̶s̶e̶a̶r̶c̶h̶ Google it, and prefer to hear why US citizens support this shallow franchise?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

To me, I just want to be happy, live my life, and do whatever as long as I don't have to rely on others to do so. If I could get away with it, I'd do nothing or just practice my Mandolin all day just because. Society doesn't owe me anything, and I don't owe society anything. I certainly don't feel like I should have to produce anything just because I'm alive.

This is the stigma I see on display in this thread. The idea that one has to produce something contribute to society to make society thrive or something. What's wrong with just being lazy and living your life?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I still don't even know why a nation of 340 million ish seem to love this particular family.
I refuse to r̶e̶s̶e̶a̶r̶c̶h̶ Google it, and prefer to hear why US citizens support this shallow franchise?

You have said several times that you refuse to do your own research, so I'm not going to educate you. And the nation doesn't love her. More people hate her than love her, though they have to make up reasons to do so...

She's an extremely successful business woman and has put her life out there for everyone to judge. Of course there are going to be haters. Why people hate that, I don't know or care. Seems people don't need a lot to conjure up some gold-label hatred these days.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What's wrong with just being lazy and living your life?
Is that what the Kardashians are about then?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You have said several times that you refuse to do your own research, so I'm not going to educate you.
Why not?
I am interested in the views of ATS members, not Google.
Is that not a preferred sensible font of knowledge or opinion?

*Edit*
So, do you support KK because she's an extremely successful business woman and has put her life out there for everyone to judge?
edit on 17.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Oh BH, I know you mentioned before you don't mind her. So I understand if you can't see why I think her actions are rot.

Her family members were a cursory mention. about vacations and calling her mom. Granted. But not anything of substance.

Maybe if I was to write a letter to self it would be so vastly different and I would hope it wouldn't constitute such drivel, thus I find her letter a reflection of her narcism that such a large portion of society value.
If people didn't applaud or value this letter and the things she has done, instead focusing on more fruitful endeavors ( I don't know but maybe even gardening or volunteering with down syndrome kids to go horse riding.... anything ) I wouldn't think that it was a society in decay. A society that values narcism and inane drivel over substance is a rotting society. in my opinion. But that type of society is not new, you are right (lets not mention Rome) however it IS largely intensified by global media reach in todays technology.

But hey we all want our escapes. I just have never found mine in her flavor, and it is my opinion that her type of escapism reflects whats rotten, not good about my community and or society at large.

*I'll blow you a duck face kiss, as I adore you BH.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Maybe if I was to write a letter to self it would be so vastly different...

Zazz's letter to future self:

Dearest Me (The coolest person I ever knew),

If I have not already done so I shall surround myself with kitties and puppies. So many kitties and puppies that they will make a fluffy, purring/barking pillow of dog/cat-tastic happiness. I will then eat chocolate until I have depleted the entire inventory of both Hershey's Cadbury's and Nestle's.

I will then perhaps spray myself orange, get a super-tight spiral perm and self-identify as another ethnicity.

With much kitty/puppy love,
Zazz

edit on 17-6-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

LOL!

Puppies too, I love puppies also.

ETA
The chocolate would be Cadbury's not that Hershey poop yanks try an pass off as chocolate.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

To me, I just want to be happy, live my life, and do whatever as long as I don't have to rely on others to do so. If I could get away with it, I'd do nothing or just practice my Mandolin all day just because. Society doesn't owe me anything, and I don't owe society anything. I certainly don't feel like I should have to produce anything just because I'm alive.

This is the stigma I see on display in this thread. The idea that one has to produce something contribute to society to make society thrive or something. What's wrong with just being lazy and living your life?

I know! The artistic temperament is a mystery to most except other artists. I'm fortunate that my profession is creative, artistic and composed of a like minded community, with the common goal of creation. Blessed is the operative term here.
Otherwise, I could be perfectly at peace playing my ax all day or hiking in the "high" desert Rockies.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I have always admired your dedication to your craft and creativity

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Fixed.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

So, do you support KK because she's an extremely successful business woman and has put her life out there for everyone to judge?

I don't "support" her any more than I support ANYONE to live their lives doing what makes them happy. She's just a person. I find the response to her a lot more interesting and indicative of the human condition than her actual life. I really don't care about her life. I don't know why people do.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I have always admired your dedication to your craft and creativity

Thank you! I wish I could say our projects don't contribute to the cultural rot, but some of them certainly do!
I deserve some of the condemnation that we in the media richly share.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thats how you know Terrorism is BS, aint nobody killing off these horrible leaching celeb aristocrats.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join