It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French minister of ecology Segolene Royal Calls For Ban On Monsanto's Roundup Herbicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hi folks.

I for one am really pleased about Ségoléne Royales fight to put Monsanto in their place.. about bloody time that someone stood up to these companies in the fight to rid our planet and our future generations of this crap by banning the sales of glyphosate-based products...

A little about Monsanto here for those who don't know them (there can't be that many people who have never heard of them?) :

Monsanto Company is a publicly traded American multinational agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation headquartered in Creve Coeur, Greater St. Louis, Missouri.

It is a leading producer of genetically engineered (GE) seed and of the herbicide glyphosate, which it markets under the Roundup brand.

More facts here : en.wikipedia.org...

A little snippet :

France’s Ecology Minister Segolene Royal on Sunday called on garden shops in the country to stop over-the-counter sales of Monsanto’s Roundup herbicide.

The move is part of an ongoing crackdown against chemicals seen as potentially harmful to humans.

Royal's announcement comes after French consumer group CLCV asked European Union officials, in June, to stop selling glyphosate-based products to amateur gardeners.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), part of the World Health Organization, said in a March report that glyphosate -- the active ingredient in Roundup -- was “probably carcinogenic to humans.”

The full article is here : www.ibtimes.com...

Over here in France gardening shops have already started to advise customers not to use Monsantos Roundup.

BUT however, a couple of weeks ago I went into a gardening shop and was looking for a natural type of weedkiller that was less harmful and the guy said to me "Well, as you don't want to use Roundup as it is too dangerous let me suggest something else!"

He then proceeded to show me a bottle of glyphosate-based weedkiller made by Barclay Gallup in Ireland!

What a complete arse he looked when I told him that this was the same product!

The sneaky bastards have created this weedkiller with no brand name on it and the active ingredient soooo small it is bearly readable!

Although she is actively fighting Monsanto which is a great start and a remarkable deed indeed, I hope for our childrens and childrens childrens future that she will also fight the other companies who create these poisons.

I tip my hat off to her...

And let me just add this :

World Health Organization Won’t Back Down From Study Linking Monsanto to Cancer...

The scientists behind a recent World Health Organization study which concluded the herbicide glyphosate “probably” causes cancer, say they stand behind their assessment.

The comments come in response to criticisms from Monsanto Co., who said the study was based on “junk science”. The main ingredient in Monsanto’s Round Up product is glyphosate. Monsanto executives said they are reviewing their options as they move forward.

More here : www.globalresearch.ca...

Kindest respects

Nibs

edit on 17-6-2015 by Nibbles because: Word added

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
REAL FOOD FOR REAL PEOPLE FTW! MONSANTO EMPIRE AND IT'S MINIONS WILL FALL IN MY LIFE TIME! GO HUMANS, GO EARTH, GO NATURE!

Ahh. . Always makes me feel better :3

F* You MonSatan!

They started a war on our food, they have won many battles, we will win the war

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That is some good news indeed, And good to see the word spreading among people with some authoritative power.
Didn't she run for president a few years back?
Anyways, this and some European countries banning Monsanto altogether is a glimmer of hope for the future of our food industry.
Although I can't help but feel that they will always find sneakier and sneakier ways to spread their poisons.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
"they will always find sneakier and sneakier ways to spread their poisons."
Truer words were never spoken.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Well its about time....ban the nasty poison before it can enter any more waterways

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Good news. Let's hope that this trends around the world. S&F.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
can only hope this is a success and other people start following suit. Glyphosate is all around bad for people and the environment

new topics

top topics

join