It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Info On The Microsoft Hololens (With E3 Video!!!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The technology isn't entirely new, but it's definitely becoming much more advanced. I can see a lot of creative applications for this product and can't wait to pick two up for my wife and myself! Here's the E3 Video with a Minecraft demonstration that will blow your mind away!

And here is their official advertisement plus a bit more information:

There is no release date or price available at the moment. Let's assume it is going to be under $300. Would you consider purchasing one or waiting until the technology becomes cheaper? (or not at all?)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Honestly this technology scares me.

Not because it could be used for nefarious purposes (although I'm sure that's a possibility).

It's more of... Well, you can see what smartphones and our latest "technology" has done to us thus far. We are farther from our fellow man, and I feel this will drive us even further into our isolated technological pits.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm not so sure of that (in this case). Video games already exist, Computers already exist, TV's already exist. Global-wide communication already exists. Really this is just a means of accessing the various forms of media and content on other surfaces. I don't really see it being any more intrusive to social situations than with what we already have.

Although, I can see people being more involved with others, in some cases. Take for instance the game. When the time comes that multiple players wearing the device can work off the same table (or surface) then it basically becomes a super advance boardgame.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If one company (provided it's a huge one) can sell tech like this for entertainment, chances are it's being used or looked into for military purposes. Kind cool but at the same time scary as f.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So cool .. when do they launch this thing?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I for one am happy to see a thread like this that doesn't get all NSA/Doom-y. The concept is cool even if the headgear is not, some slimmed down models in the next few generations of this should hopefully be a priority.

That being said i could see the Hololens becoming the standard over the Oculus rift. I dig the rift, but that whole see into the real world concept has so many fundamentally awesome applications that go way beyond just looking at a tiny monitor in a headset.

The boardgames thing is a good point, now consider every Sim game you could play. Or some of those amazing isometric rpgs like Baldurs Gate and Shadowrun Returns, wargames like Command and Conquer.

Maybe ATS should start its own game development team. We dont even need be original, we can just make a new Illuminati game!!!!!!

edit on 17-6-2015 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I want to develop a virtual Ouija board that you can ride on with an Oculus or Hololens...
Everyone I throw the idea at thinks it is a bad one, but I think it would be a cool experience...lol

Yeah, the hololens is something I expect to eventually outdo the Oculus.
But I still want both when they are available to the public at large.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

That would be an awesome app....by Ride you mean the "player" is actually sitting on the viewer as it slides over the board?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Yes, that is exactly what I mean.

Imagine scooting across a board on the pallet and the words forming in the air as one hits letters.

new topics

top topics

join