It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something To Think About...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This is my first post. I have been reading many post's on this site for months now and decided that instead of thinking to myself about what i think, i would just sign up and tell all of you. Let me get to the point

The government is like God on earth for now...
You cannot question them, and you cannot go agianst anything they say unless you want problems. I do indeed belive that they have MANY (and i cant stress the word MANY enough) things they have not told us about what really goes on...Before you turn agianst the gov. i would like to say that for the most part (not including the 9/11 cover-up) they do this to protect us. What would people do if the gov. one day came out and said that they have anti grav disk's / they are friends with aliens / they have mind control machines / ect. The masses would go crazy and the world would not be the same. So hate them or love them but (and remember this is just my opion) just go along with what they say even if you know in your heart the truth, Make something of yourself and dont get so caught up with conspiricies because as long as people live and time goes on. There will be dishonest people, cover-up's, and conspiricies. Just live life to the fullest and dont stress yourself over this kind of thing because you have no control over it anyway. (no matter how many post's you add) There are many more important things out there for you. To be honest i love reading all of these subjects and yes i dislike what the gov. (*cough BUSHLADIN cough*) does sometimes. Untill you can do something. Dont try

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I really dont understand what your getting at.

You cannot question them, and you cannot go agianst anything they say unless you want problems

What?? Take a look at Micheal Moore and George Soros.

Before you turn agianst the gov. i would like to say that for the most part (not including the 9/11 cover-up) they do this to protect us

I dont think so. The government is increasingly out to protect and benefit itself rather than the people, IMO.

What would people do if the gov. one day came out and said that they have anti grav disk's / they are friends with aliens / they have mind control machines / ect. The masses would go crazy and the world would not be the same.

I wouldnt be to incredibly surprised, but people might panic.

So hate them or love them but (and remember this is just my opion) just go along with what they say even if you know in your heart the truth

What?! Why would I go along with something that is not true? To pacify the American government and let them go along lying to the people? Im sorry, and I know your new and everything, but this is honestly the stupidest post I have ever read.

Make something of yourself and dont get so caught up with conspiricies because as long as people live and time goes on. There will be dishonest people, cover-up's, and conspiricies. Just live life to the fullest and dont stress yourself over this kind of thing because you have no control over it anyway.

I will "stress" over things that concern me or have control over me, such as the government.

There are many more important things out there for you. To be honest i love reading all of these subjects and yes i dislike what the gov. (*cough BUSHLADIN cough*) does sometimes. Untill you can do something. Dont try

You wont be able to do anything if you never try.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
wow lol... I just re-read what i wrote and read what you wrote...and well thought to myself "what the **** am i thinking" sorry for this post i just started to type away. You are very correct. I feel the same way but i still will back up the part about the gov. should not come out and tell us everything because the world WILL FOR SURE and you cannot disagree panic. Other than this im sorry about this post of mine. Thank you for putting my post in check even thought you didnt have to say what you said like you did.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Its okay, I've done the same thing, typing randomly. Welcome to ATS, Im sure you'll be a great poster, and I'm sorry if I seemed a bit harsh.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
I really dont understand what your getting at.

You cannot question them, and you cannot go agianst anything they say unless you want problems

What?? Take a look at Micheal Moore and George Soros.

you are joking about Micheal Moore right... he is the biggest joke since the invention of the woopie cusion..

The reason they allow him to spew such garbage is cause he is doing it for money..

all his movies are lies, biased and far fetched...

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Moore does good work without really knowing it. He opened, ignored, but left open for others, many doors. He also ignored a huge amount of info, and in general, maintained the party line. He didn't blow the hinges off any conspiracy, he just added to the apparent guilt of the fall guy. Super job at that though. But anyway, the point of this post is to respond to the initial query of whether or not the gov. should let us in on their dirty little secrets.

1. We, the World Community, need to ask them for the truth, in no uncertain terms. We might just get it, if sufficient numbers turned out to deliver the request.

2. We, the World Community, would probably need to offer complete immunity to prosecution for all politicians in question. Otherwise, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain by releasing sensitive information. Show them the carrot, and see if we get a response.

3. As anyone who handles donkeys or elephants for a living will tell you, if the carrot doesn't work, you get the stick. The stick is a simple tool, easy to use, quite effective. The American People should march to washington with sticks, with support from the World Community, and deliver a sound thrashing upon the hides of the men who sold out our government. Lobbyists should be detained for questioning by impartial citizen tribunals.

4. Knowing what happened is useless information unless you use it to craft a plan for the future. The citizens of this great country should demand full disclosure so that they can best augment the constitution to prevent this sort of runaway locomotive in the future. Obviously, the separation of powers thing didn't work, time to try the dissolution of powers thing. Historically speaking, the US should be moving to system of small, regional, truly democratic states anytime now, but strangely we seem to be moving in the other direction. Perhaps we're headed for the whiplash of revolution?

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

you are joking about Micheal Moore right... he is the biggest joke since the invention of the woopie cusion..

The reason they allow him to spew such garbage is cause he is doing it for money..

all his movies are lies, biased and far fetched...

Um, actually I never said I liked Moore. His "documentary" is so biased it cant even be called a documentary. However, he does speak against the government, making it relevant to the earlier post.

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
i think:
a. hoarding knowledge
b. murder
c. MASS deception

are generally not tolerable.

i think attempting to change the world in vain.... is..... well.... foolish.

but waiting, waiting as the days pass by, waiting for some revelation to come on "how to save the world, singlehandedly" that is even more foolish.

keep being proactive in your mind on the relevant things in life.
dont get too caught up in the daily routine so that you become apathetic.

[edit on 12/25/2004 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

new topics

top topics

join