It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfulfilled prophecies in the Bible prove its NOT the authority as the word of God

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

You are wrong. Bible prophescy has been forfilled. After I died I was given a white stone with eyes. That was over 24 years ago before I reincarnated into this life. Sadly most poeple will only live one life. God choses very few as he doesn't approve for it very often. God used a mans voice to speak, so I ruled out God being a women.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Eternalstars

The large majority of schizophrenia patients experience improvement when treated with antipsychotic drugs.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Hey! Welcome to ATS.

So you are younger than 24? Or does time not matter in reincarnation?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco
Schizophrenia is the least of his worries I fear. Getting from a to b in most probably the greatest challenge. To make things even worse he's 24 not a misguided 14 yr old. Shame.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Are you a prophet or just the lucky few? Is god a nice person?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: infolurker
Not bad for a day's work being called the anti Christ and a false teacher in one thread!!

If I was the anti Christ, I wouldn't be on ATS, I'd be smiting all those relgious fundies in IS and the right wing Christians!

Come on admit it, you are the chosen one, ΧΞϚ the number of the beast!!!
Hmmm.... do you happen to be the Pope?

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Damn it, you've rumbled me!

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here are just a few of my favorite bible prophecies.

1. "A band of evildoers has encompassed me; they pierced my hands and my feet." Psalm 22:16

This is a verse from the Old Testament that was written before crucifixion was even invented.

2. "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn." Zechariah 12:10

This is another verse from the Old Testament, and Zechariah was written about 500BC. It again prophecies the piercing of the Messiah, but it doesn't stop there. It even says that the inhabitants of Jerusalem are the ones doing the piercing. This verse is actually prophesying when Israel will return and believe in their Messiah, Jesus.

3. "But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.
We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the Lord has laid on him
the iniquity of us all." Isaiah 53:5-6

And yet another Old Testament verse showing the piercing of the Messiah. This verse shows that he was pierced for us, for our sins. Isaiah was written about 700BC. The whole chapter of Isaiah 53 is a prophecy about Jesus. Please read it here (biblehub.com...).

All three of these prophecies are from the Old Testament, meaning that they were written hundreds of years before the birth of Jesus. No historian will deny this. In fact, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew into Greek in Alexandria around 150 years before the birth of Jesus. They clearly described the crucifixion of Jesus. But how do we know that Jesus really was crucified? All we have is the Bible right? Actually there are at least 6 ancient sources that confirm the execution of Jesus (Thallus, Tacitus, Mara Bar-Serapion, Phlegon, Josephus, and the Talmund). And there are many more that confirm His life.(coldcasechristianity.com...)

If we combine the three verses, we get an image of a man whose hands and feet were pierced by "the inhabitants of Jerusalem" "for our iniquities."

Jesus is the Son of God who chose to come and die for us, to take away our sin.

"The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die." Jesus from John 11:25-26
edit on 24-6-2015 by 9baller because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 9baller

We have a whole religion based on a woman who really stuck to her story.

Christian: "The Bible is accurate and is still relevant in today's modern society."

"And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness." - Isaiah 34:7 - King James Version

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
If the books of NT are changed, or better say , composed 2 centuries after Christ, we should ask similar questions of the books of OT. They indeed survived longer. But who originated the 5 initial books? Moses? In which language, if there wasn't Jewish alphabet at that time? Perhaps he invented it, along with the scribes. Still, he writes of events some 1000-2000 years before him. Let alone the pre-Flood events. How then he knew it correctly?

Perhaps the prophets have seen more in the future, as long as they were authentic authors of their books, and not faked post factum.

Still, the biggest question hasn't been resolved. Why should humanity suffer all its history, all personal lives? Those sufferings cannot be justified by any wrongdoings during the personal lives of any generation. Perhaps some people as Hitler deserved them, ut most of us don't have the potential capability to make as many sins, as to suffice all that useless suffering we bear from youth to death.

It is not because of an apple in the garden, or because sex.

It is a damned karmic law that requires humans to suffer beyond what they deserve, many times over.

Who is responsible for that? Certainly not a "Good Creator of everything visible and invisible". Certainly not God the creator of the Universe.

Therefore the conclusion, this small world around the Sun is controlled by other gods, or call it satan, who exercise powers and who make us suffer all our lives.

Did Jesus beat up Satan on the Cross? If yes, why 2000 years later the humanity is on the verge of total abyss, one way or another?

Or we were not told the bigger portion about Jesus and about God. We were told fables. That is further proven by the hiding of major facts about Jesus, one of the biggest his wife. But not the only fact hidden.

Perhaps that will change soon. I don't see it with Armageddonic glasses necessarily. The book of Revelation itself has been written /composed 2centuries later and not dating to John , not the same John who allegedly wrote the Gospel of John.

Whether the big change will occur around 2000y after Christ or not, I want to believe it will, because I live now. I don't care if 3000 years after Christ there will be antichrist and armageddon. I simply don't care. At that time, I won't be on earth anyway.

Or will they keep the souls prisoners after death, too? The near death experiences all say the souls travel large distance thru a tunnel of light. That means whatever it is on the other side, it is far away.

The souls are not kept here around earth, as the latest trick of theologians want us to believe. Because they lost the pre-Galileo theological-cosmological model and can't compose a new satisfactory one among so many stars. Because the people are not idiots anymore.

Will this pope make any difference? I doubt to the maximum he would do anything better. Surprises are possible but unlikely.
edit on 24-6-2015 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Crucifixion was a very popular method back then, so no wonder why we read about it,

As popular as a messiah of virgin birth, dying for others ''sins'' was..... before Jesus...

None of them was an actual prophecy, none of them came true

Christ is not a name, it's a greek epithet, the one that has the charisma,
So in that sense, there where many Christs throughout history

Josephus (the only accurate historical account), just tells us about a group called christians who believed in a guy called Jesus Christ, that's it , no first person witness account's, no historical evidence at all, nothing,

He just described the christians of his time and what they believed, where are the evidence of Yeshua, or Jesus as the greeks called him?

The Apostles already had in mind the prophecies of the Jew tradition (Isaiah,Zechariah,etc) when they made up the story about Jesus,.

It's not a coincidence, they wanted their new propagated religion, to fulfill the prophecies of the old

The biggest evidence we have that it was all a lie is that orthodox Jews of that time didn't buy into these lies, and for them their messiah described by the prophets (Isaiah,Zechariah,etc) hasn't come yet.

Then we have some christians that say the prophecies of the Jews were fulfilled with Jesus,

Who are you christians, that you think you know the Jew tradition better than the Jews themselves?

If the son of god had really came to earth, I would expect some people to notice, especially the
Jews that live there at that time,

Instead we have the first ''account's of Jesus 35 years after the time he supposedly died by some unknown suspicious guys self claimed to be the apostles, and the first christians nearly 60 years after.

If that doesn't qualify as charlatanism then I don't know what does....

If we take time to analyze all the stories, even Scientology sounds less made up than christianity!

edit on WedWed, 24 Jun 2015 07:06:07 -05001AMk000000Wednesdayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

Even if we only go by Josephus' account, he said more than you are admitting.

“Now around this time lived Jesus, a wise man. For he was a worker of amazing deeds and was a teacher of people who gladly accept the truth. He won over both many Jews and many Greeks. Pilate, when he heard him accused by the leading men among us, condemned him to the cross, (but) those who had first loved him did not cease (doing so). To this day the tribe of Christians named after him has not disappeared”

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join