It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something fundamentally rotten in United States, poll says it all.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling
Everyone knows there is something inherently wrong with United States. This poll thread containing thousands of votes isn't lying.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Those of you smart enough know that the government has been hijacked by psychopathic individuals at FED CIA NSA DOD Pentagon (the shadow government)

Likewise you all have a gut feeling that something is going to happen at some point due to that government eventually breaking the camel's back, 2 months from now or 2 years or 20 years it doesn't matter.

Folks better wake up because the beer keg is empty, half the party went home and piper wants to get paid.

Eastern Coalition will not forever tolerate your runaway horse trampling pretty flowers on their land.

First you talk to the farmer about the horse, he doesn't care. Then you tell his kids to watch their damn horse, kids don't care. Then you shoot the horse and set fire to Farmer's house.

Then the farmer decides that you are the evil one and chops your head off and those of your tribe.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

Folks better wake up because the beer keg is empty,

Now that is truly disturbing .

I agree with Hutch!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCracklingThose of you smart enough know that the government has been hijacked by psychopathic individuals at FED CIA NSA DOD Pentagon (the shadow government)

No offence but you clearly aren't one of the people that are supposedly 'smart enough to know'. The agencies you list are NOT the 'shadow government'. They, like the rest of the political and bureaucratic framework, are simply the minions doing the bidding for the true power structure. Those cadres are smart enough to stay hidden and keep themselves at arms-length from the visible 'government' in order to protect themselves. They let those visible execute their agenda and make their deals.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I thought The Warsaw Pact dissolved in 1991?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The fact that you operate a two party system that is essentially two heads of the same coin does not exactly inspire confidence in the democratic process. End of the day democracy is just as flawed as the rest of the control constructs doing the rounds. People need to wake up and realize this fact because the alternative is we continue to be sheeple, it our choice.

Well, to be accurate, we don't have a democratic process--we have a constitutional or representational republic. The people don't vote in our president, the electoral college does.

But, in either case, our system absolutely is flawed, but it's better than a dictator or monarchy who just decide that they won with 100% of the votes of the people.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I really wish that people would quit portraying other govt. as lily white defenders of whatever, especially when they are not.

China? Really?

Russia? Really?

They've their own houses to worry about, just as the United States does.

Eastern Coalition...

You make a good point seagull but in some periods there is one particular evil empire (if you will).

So China and Russia, definitely flawed, may be the ONLY defense the world has against the Evil Empire of the age.

Just like Britain, France, the US( the allies) who all had third world countries in virtual slavery during WWII, they still were THE ONLY defense against the Evil Empire of that era, Adolf Hitler and the Nazis.

You see, relativity is in play here

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Thing is through its not better than a dictatorship or monarchy, democracy is in exactly the exact same category. All of those systems of rule have there pros and cons but ultimately fail ether by design or circumstance. End of the day i imagine there is no perfect system of rule. Which is not to say that we cannot come up with a system that at least represents the people rather than the corporations and banker oogarts that are responsible for the current mess we call society.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
it's rough these days but it's supposed to be that way.....otherwise it wouldn't be the end of the age.
those living in the endtimes will have no excuse for not knowing.....
It's not about the world situation, it's about Jerusalem....and right this way is the punchline coming to resolve all the nations character. True story.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

True,but the US is not trying to get it's own house in order anymore than China or Russia.
Our house is broken and we are trying to fix everyone else's to be just like ours

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
We know the war will come from within, America is turning on itself. Starting with the man in the mirror is what the country was founded on.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Tell me how this Eastern Coalition lands troops on US soil?

They buy it.
hotair.com...

These Are The Foreigners Buying Up American Real Estate
www.forbes.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.dcclothesline.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Thing is through its not better than a dictatorship or monarchy, democracy is in exactly the exact same category. All of those systems of rule have there pros and cons but ultimately fail ether by design or circumstance. End of the day i imagine there is no perfect system of rule. Which is not to say that we cannot come up with a system that at least represents the people rather than the corporations and banker oogarts that are responsible for the current mess we call society.

I would argue that we had something close to that at the founding of our nation, the problem is with the people who were elected to run it. In every system, the human element is what will corrupt it. At least in our system in the US, the power each holds is not absolute, so they're not corrupted absolutely (just mostly). In a dictatorship or monarchy, if (and they eventually all seem to end up that way) the leader is corrupt, they are corrupted absolutely.

While our checks-and-balances system is set up to stop absolute power and corruption, the problem is that everyone in all of the branches is corrupt to one extent or another, and nobody tries very hard to expose it, lest they be exposed. It's a people problem, here, not a system problem (well, at least not the constitution, for the most part).

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I would argue that it was anything but perfect simply because the very same people who founded America also had there own secret agenda. Certainly did not work out to well regarding the indigenous population. Point is checks and balances mean little to people with wealth and power considering "they" are generally the ones who had a hand in there inception and implementation.

People in control seldom have any other interests than there own that they care about. This has always been the case, only difference now is that they have the technology to maintain control over our populations that they did not have before. Call it Monarchy, democracy, tyranny, there all based on lies and control.
edit on 17-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

"I would argue that we had something close to that at the founding of our nation."

I would argue that it was anything but perfect simply because the very same people who founded America also had there own agenda. Certainly did not work out to well regarding the indigenous population. Point is checks and balances mean little to people with wealth and power considering "they" are generally the ones who had a hand in there inception and implementation.

People in control seldom have any other interests than there own that they care about. This has always been the case, only difference now is that they have the technology to maintain control over population that they did not have before.

You can't lump all the founders together like that. Some did want more power for the federal government and others wanted less than what was decided upon--it was a compromise, something that is lacking in this modern era. The problem is that "perfection" is a subjective term, and my "perfect" probably isn't the same as yours, so I don't hold on to the romantic idea that some day a perfect government will be created, because there is no empirical form of perfection when it comes to government.

And we're not talking about the indigenous population, we're talking about the Constitution--Jackson's Indian Removal Act was about as far away from the ideals of freedom and 'all people being created equal' as one can get. But that was just one pathogen that this country has accumulated since its inception--it's getting close to being unrecognizable from what it used to be.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Im not lumping them all together, i will say however that it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch especially so when the bad apples have their own agenda to satisfy. The bunch can appear to be pristeen from the outside, yet rotten to the core on the inside.

Like i said, to my knowledge no system of government is perfect. The real worry through is that the very people who we willingly place in power seem to be the ones we should hold with disregard at the very least, especially so in this day of age. My point by raising the indigenous population issue was simply to illustrate that the week are always consumed by the strong even when the strong claim to be of a democratic nature which lets face it is rather a large part of the problem.

I don't hold with the idea of a perfect government, or assume that others do ether. I do however entertain the notion that our world would be a far better place if our wealth and power are shared more equally.
edit on 17-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Tell me how this Eastern Coalition lands troops on US soil?

They buy it.
hotair.com...

These Are The Foreigners Buying Up American Real Estate
www.forbes.com...

www.nytimes.com...

www.dcclothesline.com...

They still can't put soldiers there, even if they own it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Yes yes but what if

The government and president are way less patriotic than lets say, you.

I bet you'd be like WTF ?!

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

No I would not. Still can not put soldiers here.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Redistribution of wealth has always lead to corruption, because someone has to be in charge to decide where it goes, giving that person too much power over all of the money. But that, I think, is a discussion for another thread.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So it seems that we are damned if we do, or damned if we don't? I will simply say this capitalism and the current form of, for want of a better word, democratic government that America has in place certainly won't address our problems regarding the distribution of wealth amongst our populations. Truth be told it simply ignores the problem of poverty on a daily bases at best and at worst exasperates the situation by allowing the top 1% to get rich at the expense of the rest.
edit on 18-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join