It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes Trump a serious candidate, and why the rest are scared of him..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

ATS, i can't reconcile this obvious disconnect...

That is a sentiment I can agree with.

I remember how starry eyed the mob was about a senator who became potus.

Big promises were made. Delivered nothing, and a great many got a good taste of 'buyers' remorse.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Game over

Yep, you lost. You made some silly claims, but when asked you were unable to back them up. Obama derangemant syndrome is strong here!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

It was once said that southern men dont need neil young.

My thoughts: if theyre fit for a party....theyre not fit for me. I dont play second fiddle.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

a reply to: introvert

The only part that you got right is that I can't stand Obama. There are a lot of reasons. Mostly his Mafia affiliations, but there is so much more.

That's quite a claim - care to back it up with facts? Being anonymous on an Internet forum doesn't mean you should be able to make such spurious claims with no back up and if you tell me to look for myself then it just kind of paints you as a peddler of BS.

The old phrase comes to mind, put up or shut up.

Before you go spouting off about spurious claims and asking me to back up COMMON KNOWLEDGE, you should at least make an attempt to research just a tiny bit first so you don't look like you are just protecting someone you support.

Ever heard of Tony Rezko? He is a Chicago crime family boss who got Obama his senate seat before he ever ran for president. They even have dinner together still. He even gave Obama a sweet discount on a luxury home in Chicago that Obama still owns, although I heard they have put it up for sale after all these years.
Research can be your friend for common knowledge you should already know.

I don't blindly support anybody, I'm not American and don't live in America. I said give me facts, don't brush it off telling me to research claims you are making. How did he 'get' him his senate seat - proof?

Seeing as you can't be bothered to include any information, I've found a link myself which - seeing as you are happy to use the internet as a fact - you will accept that Obama was in no way affiliated with the mafia...

www.factcheck.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
When will people realize the POTUS has NO control over anything other than personal and Micky Mouse crap bread and circuses? The real backroom dealings go far beyond any president. Trump, just like every single other, talk big at first and then after the first six-months in office and briefings, collapse under the weight of foreign affairs and what "really" goes on in the white house. Every single one of them realize quickly that being president is just show and understand they must "tow the line".

Sigh... No one ever gets it? Doesn't it dawn on anyone that they all have the same double speak once elected? Doesn't it dawn on anyone that a president is just a temp job while the real people involved have been there their entire careers? Like 40 years or more we're talking. It's been the same sh#t my entire life. Over an over and over same ole crap. And no one gets it??

Trump, the dummy, thinks a President can actually change things.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Yes we do know more about Mr. Trump, for instance he gives more in political contributions to Democrats than anyone else. We also know he has a few power and control issues.
I have no doubt he can sell, he's been doing it for a long time. And the stuff that is coming out of his mouth right now sounds good, but, as the old commercial goes, is it live or is it Memorex?
I don't believe for one minute he would exact the kinds of changes I (or I think most people here) would like to see, I don't see any candidate promoting term limits, strict adherence to the Constitution, fiscal restraint and responsibility, tax reform.

I guess I'm a little mift at your give the rich (nothing wrong with being rich) out of touch with working class people guy a shot. I don't think he or Hillary and all but one or two prospects have a clue what we want and could care less.
When I see people that like to play both sides of the fence like he does, I lose all faith in him. It's like double speak, He bad mouths whats going on with this administration then bankrolls them with contributions so he can play the finance game.

Anyone that funds Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton or even Boehner or any of the other good ole boy politicians (on either side) is simply another pawn on the board.
Sorry I respect your opinion but I think this ones a lemon also.

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 18-6-2015 by Woodhull because: missed a word

edit on 18-6-2015 by Woodhull because: hit the wrong button, wasnt finished

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

The way I see Trump actually being effective is in the way that he doesn't take no for an answer.

As the CEO of his "new big company" called The USA and as the POTUS, Trump would invest his time as the CEO to do what countries' do, as in make money, satisfy their constituents, monitor the flow of money by cutting off the problems by being proactive and decimating any barriers that could lie ahead.
He would be ruthless and to the point.

This would be his fight and he would be our boss.

The world would quiver and the money would start to flow back into our economy.

Isis, "you're fired"

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Funny how when Obama doesn't take no for an answer people scream about trying him for treason for circumventing the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FinalCountdown

Ya that is all fine and dandy to say, but what are you basing that off of?

What he says he will do?

He doesn't have a great record when it comes to business, he has went bankrupt four times, screwing people out of money every time.

Could be wrong but I bet he got some tax payer help some where in there too.

The man can talk the talk no doubt.
Doubt think he can walk the walk.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

He has disclosed all his Finances already, and has no tax or IRS issues.

The finances he has disclosed is not official nor detailed. He has till the 16th of July to file the official financial information. However, I think he will jump out of the race by than.

Trumps key to fame is his perceived wealth. He damages that perception he could lose more than just his ego.

Trump has never liked to get specific about his wealth, but presidents and presidential candidates have no choice. Federal ethics law requires them to file annual disclosure reports, including a financial disclosure form 30 days after officially announcing.

"There's not enough information to really understand it," said Frederick Chinn, an advisor at the Atalon Group in Henderson, Nev. "There are a lot of questions I would have just looking at the statement."

Trump has a July 16 deadline for filing the official disclosure

www.npr.org...

edit on 34630America/ChicagoThu, 18 Jun 2015 12:34:27 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is the problem with (some) Americans. The man has literally filed bankruptcy at least 4 times and walked away from debt he owes and some people are still thinking he would make a good president.

He is a scumbag sleazy scammer of the american people with zero integrity,... oh wait, nevermind those are the qualities desired in a politician.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Celebrities are becoming more and more political. With that comes the eventuality that they will seek a political office to enhance their career's as a celebrity. Trump is nothing more than a reject that seeks the White House for nothing more than furthering his celebrity career.

If this country votes in Trump, or any celebrity for president, then all hope is lost.

The best years of my life were when a celebrity was elected president....Ronald Reagan. I say, let's do it again. I'm so sick of all these phony republicans and democrats who are only in it to fatten themselves up. Donald is already fattened up. No one can buy him. I hope this time around he finally gets serious about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Celebrities are becoming more and more political. With that comes the eventuality that they will seek a political office to enhance their career's as a celebrity. Trump is nothing more than a reject that seeks the White House for nothing more than furthering his celebrity career.

If this country votes in Trump, or any celebrity for president, then all hope is lost.

He is a celebrity because he is a very good business man.....He is not an actor or singer. And truth be told what qualifications did Obama have that would make you hire him for the job?

Trump does have skills and the country is about to fall apart because of a currency bubble/crisis.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

The best years of my life were when a celebrity was elected president....Ronald Reagan. I say, let's do it again. I'm so sick of all these phony republicans and democrats who are only in it to fatten themselves up. Donald is already fattened up. No one can buy him. I hope this time around he finally gets serious about it.

Well that being the case, IF and a big if Trump gets the job, in my opinion if there were ever a situation for another JFK type event, Trump would make a good candidate. Going against the grain like that never ends up well.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

He is a celebrity because he is a very good business man.....He is not an actor or singer. And truth be told what qualifications did Obama have that would make you hire him for the job?

Trump does have skills and the country is about to fall apart because of a currency bubble/crisis.

he is not a "very good business man" he has been bailed out of hundreds of millions in debt 4 times via bankruptcy. He is a terrible businessman and doesn't have the moral fortitude to be a "good" president.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
c'mon, the guy had to pay 50 bucks a piece for "backround actors" to come to his "announcement". he couldn't even get enough legitimate supporters to fill in that rather medium-sized alcove.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Ya old Reagan really left our nation in a better place...
War on drugs still ruining peoples lives and costing us billions.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Yea the highest incarceration rate in the world and trickle down economics are such GREAT things about our country. I thank Reagan every day that we have become the land of hypocrisy when we say land of the free.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I was about to say the same thing. It is treason and is the crux of our problems today, to many people trying to play king and it always is for nefarious reasons.

The Constitution is a contract on behalf of "We The People" to create a limited federal government with limited enumerated powers. Outlined in the Bill of Rights are the specific rights we charged the federal government to keep true all others endowed by the creator are left with the people and the states respectively.

They work for us, He would be our boss? Wow. I cant understand how Americas mind set got this way

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I don't know. Good points so far.

My thoughts. He doesnt' appeal to anyone on the left. I don't think he appeals to a majority of the right. Most moderates don't like him. Having said all of that, there is a huge chunk of people that would vote for him.

Most of them on the right. So it would be a dog fight in the primaries but in a general election, Hillary and Sanders have him in the polls and I don't think he could usurp Bush.

If he went independent most of the voters he would take from Bush, not Hillary, meaning that if he ran independent. You could be sure of a democrat president in 2016

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join