It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes Trump a serious candidate, and why the rest are scared of him..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
**Spoiler Alert*** Yes he may just be screwing around, But what if he isn't?

Why are all the current Presidential candidates keeping their collective mouths shut? They just don't want to make an enemy of him cuz he just keeps on, and on and ell you get the idea here. And so do their advisors, this guy can get media attention in a flat heartbeat. People listen to him just to here who he's picking on. He has never run for political office before. Yes he has "Stirred to Pot" a few times but he has waited for this moment for 15 years. Today it was said could be the perfect storm in politics. All polls are trending the fact that WE just don't trust career politicians anymore. He will take that and run with it. And perhaps he should.

"The Donald", just happens to own far more than a few Hotels and Golf courses. He also owns Banks,Insurance companies and Hospitals.

He can easily finance his own campaign and arrived in Iowa a few hours ago on one of his private 757's.

He has disclosed all his Finances already, and has no tax or IRS issues.

We know more about Mr. Trump than all the candidates except Hillary. And far more than we knew about Obama.

Did I mention those Hotels? Well the last Ten years he has hosted some of the wealthiest people in the world in them. They like Donald.

And I'm sure some of those other candidates have been his guests too...I hope they were behaving.

He gives out millions to support Veterans who actually support him.

A Wharton Grad. Isn't it about time we had a President who had any sort of financial education?

He don't listen to anyone but himself. But that may be just what we need right now. He displays common sense even if it comes out all wrong, and certainly couldn't be worse than some of the hacks we have now...

He LOVES to FIRE people who can't get the job done! Thats why I like the guy. Tell me people working in Washington wouldn't pucker up if he was the boss... He will trim Federal spending like a knife through hot butter. Look if all the stuff they say about him and if his crazy Hair is bothering you, what if he shaved it all off and went full Yule Brenner on us? lol We'd be looking at that guy totally different then...

He reminds me of Teddy Roosevelt our 26th President, talked a lot of SH** and carried a big stick. He also busted all the major unions with anti trust laws and clamped down on the banking and corporate industries. Then he built the panama canal and a huge Navy to protect trade interests. (He had some crazy hair too) not to bad for a guy who was a pretty sick kid, did I mention he took a trip up San Juan Hill?

Anyway, I say give the guy a shot. We may not like everything he brings to the table but it has to be better than these career political hacks that have been sitting up there the last twenty years... Oh.. His foreign policies would actually be better for us to start trading with other countries than invading them. So what if he is serious this time?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

Not American here but there is a lot to like about a man spending his own money to get elected .

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

IF he takes it seriously he could win the white house. And maybe his political consultant will get him to change his hair. On a more serious note depending on your point of view he would definately be good for business in the US. He sees everyrhing from a business perspective and he knows why amarican companies are losing overseas.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Celebrities are becoming more and more political. With that comes the eventuality that they will seek a political office to enhance their career's as a celebrity. Trump is nothing more than a reject that seeks the White House for nothing more than furthering his celebrity career.

If this country votes in Trump, or any celebrity for president, then all hope is lost.
edit on 6/17/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/17/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

IF he takes it seriously he could win the white house. And maybe his political consultant will get him to change his hair.

Or just his hair could run for the job....

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Our country would be doing 1000% better with him right now, I have no doubt. He actually loves America unlike The Obama family. He sure wouldn't apologize for America to other countries like Obama. He wouldn't be doing illegal deals or shipping guns to Mexican cartels in the hopes that those guns ended up killing Americans just so he could say " We need to make lots of new gun laws because guns kill our citizens" like Obama did.

He wouldn't appoint all Marxist and Communist loving scum bags like Obama did, with most of those still on the payroll.

He wouldn't try to usurp powers that go against the US constitution like Obama did, and is STILL DOING.

I would vote for Rand Paul first, but Trump is 1000 times the man Obama is.

Obama is nothing but a Mafia empowered thug who does everything for personal profit and the profit of his friends.
Obama receives kickbacks and supports those who will give kickbacks. Harry Reid for example.

Trump wouldn't do that.

Trump would have called for a Grand Jury upon those scum sucking criminals we now call our leaders.

And what Obama and Hillary did with Benghazi is another situation that Trump would never had done or been a party to allowing our people to be killed and pretend a video on you-tube caused it all.

Comparing Trump to our current president is like comparing a boy scout to the North Korean leader.

Heads will roll when and IF America ever gets a leader like Trump. I would like to see him get elected just to see all commies and Marxist America hating current US officials faces after their treason trials.

I don't know if Trump would do something like that anyways, but that is what America really needs if this country is going to become a country where we and our heavily in-debt Children can ever flourish again. It will never happen with the likes of Obama or a Rick Perry, or a Jeb Bush, and especially not with a Hillary Clinton running things.

No establishment con artists like what our pool of candidates mostly looks like now will be any good for this country. They should dig a huge mass grave (After Grand Jury trials for treason), and toss them all in with Obama being thrown in first, and then fill it in with fresh cement.
edit on 17-6-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
Celebrities are becoming more and more political. With that comes the eventuality that they will seek a political office to enhance their career's as a celebrity. Trump is nothing more than a reject that seeks the White House for nothing more than furthering his celebrity career.

If this country votes in Trump, or any celebrity for president, then all hope is lost.

True, we see a lot more celeb's getting into politics. And the people out here in Voter land feel pretty Rejected by the last few administrations, Republican and Democrat. And I'm not sure if his seeking the White House for furthering himself is any different than anyone else that has gone after the job with the exception of that Nader guy a few years back...

I think common people will relate to him just because he's an underdog and a misfit in politics. And he's a reject that get's stuff done. He hasn't been bought and paid for like a few before him. He only has to do ONE thing right as our President to beat the record of the guy he would be replacing and millions would be satisfied!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

The problem I have with celebrities in office is that it becomes more of a popularity contest instead of being based on political record.

Not that it isn't a popularity contest now. But anything or anyone that drives politics into the direction of popularity instead of policy is a horrible idea.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Obama is nothing but a Mafia empowered thug who does everything for personal profit and the profit of his friends.
Obama receives kickbacks and supports those who will give kickbacks. Harry Reid for example.

Trump wouldn't do that.

Oh come on now, lets be realistic here, Trump is a cunning and ruthless business man who obviously cares more about his own social status and wealth than anything else. You guys in this thread who believe he would be some sort of savior are completely delusional.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
edit on 6/17/2015 by CretumOrbis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

Trump wouldn't do that.

Oh come on now, lets be realistic here, Trump is a cunning and ruthless business man who obviously cares more about his own social status and wealth than anything else. You guys in this thread who believe he would be some sort of savior are completely delusional.

Every person in business needs some tough attributes, but Trump is not an immoral sadistic usurper like Obama.

Trump is always talking about having good business ethics, staying within the law. Sometimes people in business do some messed up things to others even though it might be legal, and I'm sure Trump has done a few things in his days, but NOT the deranged things that Obama has already done and wants to keep doing to the American people.

Every move that Obama does, causes America's collective Jaw to get real tight on a daily basis. Trump would be focusing on getting people back to work and helping the economy which he would instinctively do being a businessman. Not selling America away in a sick twisted FIRE-SALE like Obama is doing, has been doing, and wants to keep doing and double down on doing.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Trump wouldn't do that.

Your absolutely right! Trump said that today. He's the only fool that will admit it! He's not by any means a politician. He's the spoiler lady! Remember Ross Perot? Billionaire, Cary businessman? He got every independent whip into a frenzy and SPLIT the Republican vote! George Bush Senior was destroyed by it, and that was a guy who had a 59% approval rating going into a convention. But the indys got sucked up by the Clinton and Gore family values tour!

Thats the issue Trump brings, he might not make it far but he will sure screw at least two leading candidates out of the race.. Today he is 3.6 on the gallop pole of candidates. Already he has KNOCKED out four Republicans out of the first Two debates and he's been in the game less than 24 hours...lol Delusional my A**. This guy could be pretty damn dangerous...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
but Trump is not an immoral sadistic usurper like Obama.

Well, as Obama is not a usurper... what makes you think Trump is not immoral?

Trump would be focusing on

Trump. That is all he cares about, Trump.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Every person in business needs some tough attributes, but Trump is not an immoral sadistic usurper like Obama.

Just look at his demeanor and the way he often speaks to other people, that is not tough business tactics, that is being an egotistical a-hole. He would be absolutely no better than Obama, maybe even worse. I'm not a fan of Obama but I'm also not a fan of pompous wig wearing douche bags. You really have no idea how he would act as the President, many people clearly had no idea how Obama would act when they voted him in. Trump already has close connections with many powerful individuals and corporations, he may as well be a politician already. To assume he would use all his power and connections to do exactly what the middle class of America would want is highly naive. Putting your trust into a rich celebrity like Trump is just asking to be screwed over.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Holy batman obama rant...

How do you know what Trump would or would not do as a president?
What are you basing any of that off of?

And if we really think he is going to use his own money to run, then you are ignorant.
Rich people don't get rich by passing up someone else taking the bill.
edit on thWed, 17 Jun 2015 03:06:26 -0500America/Chicago620152680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
We also need to remind him that he won't just be able to cut his losses and start over as president.
www.forbes.com...

Already lying, good start for a presidential hopeful.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You have an issue with the guys hair? God help you if London MP and mayor Boris Johnson ever ran for presidency (which he is fully entitled to do)..... mind you, he would probably do a good job, so don't knock whacky hair!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Just look at his demeanor and the way he often speaks to other people, that is not tough business tactics, that is being an egotistical a-hole. He would be absolutely no better than Obama, maybe even worse. I'm not a fan of Obama but I'm also not a fan of pompous wig wearing douche bags. You really have no idea how he would act as the President, many people clearly had no idea how Obama would act when they voted him in. Trump already has close connections with many powerful individuals and corporations, he may as well be a politician already. To assume he would use all his power and connections to do exactly what the middle class of America would want is highly naive. Putting your trust into a rich celebrity like Trump is just asking to be screwed over.

I really don't trust any of them to tell the truth. But this country of ours is based on Capitalism. I can't find another money hungry businessman on the list Dbag or not. We currently have some kind of firesale sithlord up there calling the shots now, he scares me far more than a overblown greed monger.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Doesn't matter what Trump wants

I even like his raw approach in a way.

Doesn't matter though, he isn't picked by the shadow government back in 2013. Jeb bush was picked.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: PredatorCrackling

Doesn't matter what Trump wants

I even like his raw approach in a way.

Doesn't matter though, he isn't picked by the shadow government back in 2013. Jeb bush was picked.

Agreed, Grandpa and Big brother hold all the keys to the city on this one.. They know where ALL the bodies are buried and Hillary will feel the bite very soon. The electoral college means nothing. Now that money can be donated to PACs from overseas you will see Jeb's cash flow climbing fast. Remember OIL is thicker than BLOOD.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join