It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Suggested I might be a Time Traveler

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crustyjuggler27

That's a fascinating idea, and believe it or not one of the first things we did to test it, was get a notebook and write down lottery numbers.
The waitress said old man carries a black leather notebook and writes in it, so I went out and bought one.
The idea was whatever we wrote in MY journal for me to do, he should also end up doing.

But the money never turned up. I could take that as a mark against its credibility but at this point I honestly don't know.

Another thing we did was to write in my journal to meet with someone else in California at a certain date and time.
My friend's old military buddy. She waited on Coleman street in her car but he never showed.

I don't know for sure. But there's the facts.

Another thing that adds another twisted dimension to the waitress's account, was that she said
I, "Charles", saved her life, by planting a screwdriver in her vicinity while she was being attacked.
She then used the screwdriver to stab the assailant and get away.
Charles then asked her if she "found the screwdriver."
She may be a crazy person.
I'll admit I haven't entirely ruled that out.
edit on 17-6-2015 by LAkadian because: Grammar, G. #tta, grammar ain't no fools game; it's a trick for a pimp.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Sounds almost like a plot from a movie - not many restaurants are still around that people can just sit and have coffee and pie.

Anyway once my sister came home and was shocked to find me there. She was driving down the street and a few blocks away she swore she saw me and when I (or who ever it was) saw her they hide behind a tree.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

It does sound like a movie plot yes. But if it helps, it's actually a Denny's.
I believe it's in San Jose. If anyone's in the area, we figure out which one and you could stop in.

I'm willing to get info for you: I'll even find out what hours she works, so you can be there when she is.

The only things I won't do are give out her name or what she looks like, or have you say I sent you.
But I'm open to someone doing that.
You might even happen to meet the old man. Who knows.

Anyone here live in the San Jose area?
If you live around there, I'll find out which Denny's it is.

All you really have to do is go in and ask about Charles.
Just say you're looking for him.
If he's a regular, the other waitresses ought to remember him.

The results are sure to be interesting enough to reward your curiosity.
edit on 18-6-2015 by LAkadian because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-6-2015 by LAkadian because: adding more stuffs

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LAkadian

Its a question of pie.

Charles likes pie a lot, and coffee.

Do you favour Blueberry pie?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: EA006

Haha I actually do.
I doubt if anybody would know that though.
I usually would tell people I like strawberry, but you can't really get a strawberry dessert.
I always loved the fruit, but I only got obsessed with blueberry desert
after I started working at a pizza place last year, and our number one
seller is the "Blueberry Cactus Bread".

I lick the filling off my fingers when no one is looking.
As soon as I heard the waitress said "Blueberry pie" I laughed uncontrollably.
It's really funny actually.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Well that's just impossible if he's the same guy, he would already know the younger one is planning to do all those things and avoid the moment, he already knows all the things the younger guy will try to do to contact him.

However there's a very big loop hole here, the shirt first of all, then the way he acts surprised that something he already knew was going to happen suddenly happens, doesn't make sense at all.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wildapache

-It's not drawn on with a pen.
-He rolled up his sleeves, because he was eating a messy blueberry pie.
- Because he forgot that was going to happen. He's a time-traveler, not a God. Memory fails us.
- Because she didn't know he was gonna fit the description of someone she would meet.
Why would she take a picture of a strange guy who claims to be a time-traveler, BEFORE she has a reason to believe him?

Can you think of any other plot holes? Those didn't seem too hard actually.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19462729]Kaifan[/post

If he already knew what was going to happen, that would have to imply he traveled directly to
that point in time and had been to some point after it.
That doesn't fit the MO of Charles. She says he's stranded, and has been wandering around for a while.
So is it even illogical that he would forget a few things?
According to her, he's not even in the same timeline anymore.
I don't see why he would "know" anything that was going to happen.

Here's some more facts, to maybe help this make sense.

Story that he allegedly told her is, he stopped a grenade from going off that would have otherwise killed an important figure. He stopped a war from happening, saved millions of people because due to the grenade not going off, a country never went to war and a nuclear bomb never got dropped. He's from a parallel timeline, where WW3 happens in 2015.
He implied that he knew John Titor, and that John Titor was just a journalist. He said "John would've been nothing w/o me."
He traveled to this one for some reason. But now the two timelines have diverged and he can't go back.
That's why there's 2 "ME"'s. One is 71, the other is 25.
Still not saying I believe it, but...
That bit is kind of a keystone, and I should've led with it.
But when you go implying you saved the world, well...

I get your confusion, and yes, it makes no sense otherwise.
I sincerely doubt that "Charles" is his real name,
but I don't think of him as "me" either...
At least, not yet.

edit on 18-6-2015 by LAkadian because: because of the wonderful things he does

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
It would be really cool if the waitress could somehow lift some fingerprints off of something and then have them preserved and see if they match up with yours. You should try and arrange to happen.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

That is effin brilliant.

I just texted my friend and told him that.

I'll see that he at least tries to convince her to do that.
I think your way rocks.

edit on 18-6-2015 by LAkadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   
oh dear - the more " details " emerge - the less coherent the tail becomes - i am not surprised - but its a sad indictment of calibre of hoaxers we get on ATS nowadays

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

So piecing this together:

Man tells waitress he is from a parallel timeline and a whole bunch of stopping wars etc.then going back to your early story: Waitress asks man if he is a time traveller - man looks surprised then walks out the cafe in a huff.

Your yarn is so full of holes now I could use it to sieve pasta. Time to give up and move on to Reddit to post your delusions.

Yours is not the post we are looking for.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Hello LAkadian!
I really want to believe your story. Even gave you a S&F because I love time travel stories, lol.

Unfortunately, I'm a fiend for researching things.
I looked up Denny's restaurants in San Jose, and there are quite a few.

The problem is...none of them have blueberry pie listed as a dessert on their menu.
I will still continue to follow your story though....some proof would be great!

jacygirl

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Good research jacygirl. Does blow a hole in the story. Perhaps they meant blueberry pancakes as that is an option.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Morgan Freeman voice: "And so the greatest time travel story ever told was foiled by a blueberry pie."

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Ah, that's where your wrong. Being a time traveller he chooses one week with the biggest payout and he only has to memorise those numbers. And being as he's a time traveller he already knows in advance that he's the winner.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Care to address the pie concerns? Or have you addressed the pie concerns with your friend?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Since the future you can time travel, I suggest that when you're older...that day when the girl tells you her friend thinks you could be a time traveler...you get up and leave, pace up and down outside talking to yourself then immediately go and travel back to now and come here and post pictures of you when you're an old man or it didn't happen!

Only kidding, couldn't help myself. An interesting story, indeed.

Seriously, though - if this is true you can set a reminder for your future self, who knows - maybe you'll end up taking part in this thread - have a chat with yourself. I don't know you or think I've ever spoken to you before but I really, really like you and will continue to you like exponentially if you furnish me with gambling tips, etc.

Here...friend, have a flag.
edit on 19-6-2015 by samerulesapply because: Corrections

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Osiris1953

I don't feel it would do much good asking either of them about it.
Any info my buddy gets will be coming from her, and if she's willing to lie about "Charles", she's surely gonna
lie about the dessert menu. Just keep in mind this isn't MY story. It's not MY yarn that I'm spinning. So if it turns out not to be true I'll come forward so we all know for sure. That's the point after all.

I guess what I can do personally is ask where the restaurant is for sure and just Google it for myself. Thanks for pointing that out though Jacygirl.
You might have something there.

I won't lie, I might be a little disappointed.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Good story, continue, could be an episode on a sci-fi show

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join