It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay Fellow Membership Clan: Attention!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Time for me to make amends. I have been neglecting my duties. I am a horrible, narcissistic, self-centered, egotistical selfish jerk. I have written many OP's that have been forgotten by me and need attention.

I am going to refrain from writing any more until I have spent whatever time is necessary for me to rectify this problem.

For those of you that have replied to anything I have written and I failed to reply to you, I am truly apologetic. For those of you that I was snide with and shortsighted, I apologize.

Here is my pledge to all members. I solemnly swear that going forward I will be more courteous and forgiving. I will go back to everyone of my OP's and diligently and with humility respond to every single reply.

I think many of you are going to be shocked that you get a reply from 2 years ago, but hey, better late than never.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

I pre-except your apology if you snided me.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

I have a dry sense of humor sometimes and it may come off as being snide when read. I do not recall ever being snide to you, but if you ever felt I was I do apologize. You are one of the most pleasant members in here so I would be terribly remiss if I ever did offend you.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I am a horrible, narcissistic, self-centered, egotistical selfish jerk.

Don't bother. That's not someone I'd like to have a conversation with anyway. Not to mention, the other members have likely moved on as well. Something about you makes me click on your threads though...

I say that this apology was enough for your fans and you'll end up wasting time going backwards when you could be spending more time moving forward. We all grow during our presence here and you certainly seem like someone I'd like to have a conversation with in the future.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You did not, hence the

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

We all grow during our presence here and you certainly seem like someone I'd like to have a conversation with in the future.

I cringe in horror at some of the things I've written here. Some long ago... some not-so-long-ago.

Sometimes it makes me want to scrap my account and start over out because I feel I've acquired an acute case of foot-in-mouth syndrome.

But. Even our most misguided and hasty ramblings can have value, giving other members at least a little insight into who we really are (fostering a sense of community, even when we argue like married couples). There's filtering processes from brain to fingers to linguistic structure, etc., etc.

Sometimes a little "realness" slips through. And that's nothing to really apologize for. I think our eccentricities and passions and parts of what make this place cool.
edit on 6/16/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sheesh.
edit on 1434517266Wednesday30Wed, 17 Jun 2015 00:01:06 -0500amWednesday01121230 by Ultralight because: Why bother?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Well said!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I respect the post...

But what's the point? Just be who you are. Especially in an online forum. Maybe in real life be courteous and forgiving but don't waste your time apologising to us... We're nothing.

We're just text on a screen...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Thanks. Maybe it is my magnetic personality, I do still have that going for me!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

This may be an anonymous forum, but I really try hard to be myself. I was just thinking how neglectful I have been with replies to some of my other past OP's and it made me feel like crap that I had not given them more attention. Poor sad OP's. Seriously though, I was just pouting about something someone said to me and I took it to heart.

Still, I will not start another OP until I have thoroughly and scrupulously addressed past threads.

This is my last one for awhile. I have a lot of catching up to do.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Did you see a big bug?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Well about time! Oh what were we (I) talking about?
J/k doubt you have anything from me in the reply messages

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Thanks. Respect is good. Online or not, I treat this site as I would my own family, better even, maybe that is delusional on my part. I have many physical issues to deal with and this is my social time. I would hate to screw it up by alienating anonymous people I have no actual interaction with other than what I write and read. After all, I already did that to my real family. I am running out of people to tick off.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kukri

Well then I suppose you will not need to be concerned with the issue at hand then! I was saying how much I adore you and miss you. Where have you been? I am certain I am not the only member to hit and run their OP's but I want to do better and I will by starting with this one first and then the rest of the week I am going to tackle the other 100 (258) or so that I have written.
edit on 17-6-2015 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yes, indeedy! The biggest.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Seriously? We are not just words on a screen. I have built a business with clients over 25 years...who I have never met! Do you remember the 60s? Probably not.

We are civilized, educated, intelligent, caring PEOPLE, first and foremost, and should maintain decorum and track our moral compass in all things we do...especially here.

Can someone be so kind. and help me down from my soapbox, please? Thank you so much.

edit on 1434553455Wednesday30Wed, 17 Jun 2015 10:04:15 -0500amWednesday04101030 by Ultralight because: Typo

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Didn't mean to sound snide just injecting some poorly worded humour. I also failed to reply to members until I found the 'replies folder' in my messages section.

I commend you on taking this action and it looks like you'll be busy so I'll leave you to it.

Hugs &

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralighta reply to: and14263
Seriously? We are not just words on a screen. I have built a business with clients over 25 years...who I have never met! Do you remember the 60s? Probably not. We are civilized, educated, intelligent, caring PEOPLE, first and foremost, and should maintain decorum and track our moral compass in all things we do...especially here. Can someone be so kind. and help me down from my soapbox, please? Thank you so much.

Nope. You look lovely on the "pedestal" soapy box thingamajiggy! You are hereby required by the law vested in me to stay up there for eternity!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kukria reply to: soulpowertothendegree
Didn't mean to sound snide just injecting some poorly worded humour. I also failed to reply to members until I found the 'replies folder' in my messages section. I commend you on taking this action and it looks like you'll be busy so I'll leave you to it.
Hugs &

Oh you were being snide? I hadn't noticed! That is okay, I probably deserved it with my Karma so out of whack!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join