It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren's Response to Jamie Dimon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
For those who don't know Jamie Dimon is the Chief Executive Office of JP Morgan Chase.

I really can't believe this hasn't been posted - but such is ATS.

www.truth-out.org...

That's why Sen. Elizabeth Warren's (D-Massachusetts) reaction to a patronizing, sexist remark by JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon was more than a breath of fresh air; it was like a brief release from the prison of "don't-offend-the-finance-industry" beltway jabberwocky.

Here is what he said:

Earlier this month, Dimon attempted to impugn Warren's knowledge of Wall Street by stating, "I don’t know if she fully understands the global banking system."

And how Senator Warren responded:

The problem is not that I don't understand the global banking system. The problem for these guys is that I fully understand the system and I understand how they make their money. And that's what they don't like about me.

She is smarter, more experienced and ethical whereas Mr. Dimon should be in prision for theft and fraud. Sure he's afraid of her and in typical 'frat' boy style only has one mode of dealing with fear - attach. This one back fired big.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm not seeing the "sexist" remarks.

Is this article overblowing something?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I also don't see a sexist remark, however, it is a good response.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Lizabeth is using the same tactics Bernie Sanders is.

Answering to red herrings and creating tangents and answering single comments with litany.

It's effective to people who don't pay close attention.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I see nothing sexist and nothing in her retort other than a soundbite.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
No sexism seen here, but definitely fear of her from Wall Street. Hopefully she follows through and votes right with these ideals. I don't know enough about her traits but I like that she pisses off Wall Street.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
LOL - you don't think it's sexist and condesending for Dimon to say to a woman that clearly understands the banking system, has overseen it's 'workings' for years, is highly educated and experienced, "I don't think she understands the international banking system."

You really see nothing wrong with it? I guess that's the whole point.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

But the discussion was about business and banking.

Not social etiquette.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Elizabeth Warren's responses are indicative of women from the african-american I mean, native american (sorry) I mean, white, liberal, progressive, privileged, culture.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Brain dead - absolutely brain dead.

The 'interchange' was about banking.

The remark that Senator Warren 'didn't understand banking' was frankly a lie. Typical 'master of the universe' arrogance and sexism the subtext being the subject was way 'too complex' for her intellect. It was a deliberately demeaning remark and he (and you) should be ashamed to have said it.

But, I am certain, he doesn't see it as demeaning or disregarding of her actual position. He ignores her viewpoint and simply dismisses anything she has to say out of hand - well because 'the subject is just too difficult for a women'.

edit on 17-6-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
He also knew he was talking to an intellectualoid and professional politician.

They (intellectualoids and professional politicians) usually attack when backed into corners, and they usually get help.

top topics

join