It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Might Look Like A Nursing Home Or A Preschool, But It's Much Better

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Genius. Isn't it suppose to be this way.. The old passing down their wisdom and caring to the young?

This may give these people something awesome to do in their old age. Maybe this will help these children open their eyes to the finite nature of this world and create a better sense of connection to other humans around them.

There's no denying that nursing homes are not the most pleasant places to be. There's constantly talk in the news of mistreatment, mismanagement, and mishandling of patients at various homes around the country. Couple that with the looming sense of dread always in the air, and you have a negative atmosphere. With more and more Americans facing retirement in the next 25 years, it's no wonder they're all hesitant to end up in a home.

Awesome.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I work at a nursing home and we regularly hold functions for the nearby elementary school. On the surface, its a marketing ploy to draw customers and mingle with the community, but the joy had between both residents and children was heart melting. I elected to be Sponge Bob for the day, having pies thrown at my face by the children.

Both young and old rocked out to Pharrell's "Happy" and I couldn't have enjoyed myself any more. I went home with a cut on my cheek due to "that kid", but I encouraged them to give it everything they've got or they would get more homework, lol. While the residents were being wheeled back inside they were also given the opportunity to throw a pie. Except to them it was an ugly yellow rectangle with no discernible features other than my face.

Sponge WHAT??

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
That looks amazing!

Thank you for sharing this! I am determined to take my girls for a visit to the nursing home my grandmother was at. We haven't been back since her passing, but I am reminded that she wasn't the only person to see there.

new topics

join