It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caitlyn is a woman; Rachel is black; what do you want to be?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Like it or not....society as a whole, at any given point in time is perfectly capable of determining what it deems as "normal". Whether we agree or disagree, there are certain social norms.

That said, I'm a pretty normal guy in many ways, but that doesn't change the fact that many of my interests are not considered "normal" behavior. I can accept that. And that's fine. I just don't get this overwhelming urge to try and change what is considered "normal". Fine, I'm happy Bruce is happy as a chick, good for "her"?. But you're going to fail on the point of trying to convince us this should be something that is celebrated or even given much attention, or that should be considered "normal". Glad he's happy, but no need to ram it down society's collective throat. Totally cool with accepting it, but not cool with celebrating it or making him/her into some kind of martyr or inspiration.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

The better question is, why are people so damn RIGID with the definition of normal? They refuse to update their idea of normal despite it having changed around them.
edit on 9-7-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

If you don't want it shoved down your throat Don't open your mouth..

i mean it is Normal to her, so while you celebrate your abnormal and normal qualities, so is she.. she is getting publicity because she was already a ""Celebrity"" or, reality person.

i mean we can sit here and i can tell you all the things that are getting shoved in my face and you wouldn't necessarily agree

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok Totally cool with accepting it, but not cool with celebrating it or making him/her into some kind of martyr or inspiration.

If you're totally cool then you'll drop "him/her" and just use her.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Yaaaas!

I wish i could give this more stars

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I decided I "identify" as Native American.
Oh, you found out I'm German, English, Irish, and French?
Don't ask me about my business! Get off my land!
Now I want my employer, the government, whatever, to pay for me to turn red, so I can fight you for my land.
I talked to my Native American friend, yknow, like, his DNA says so - and he's cool with it.
SO get off my land!
And pay me for aestheics.
It's the law now.
Yknow Jenner still has HIS penis and always will - because most gay drag queens hate vaginas, and love their penises.
He just did what 30,000 women (and many men) will do this year - he got a boob job. He's not a woman. He's a dude with boobs.
WTF 'murca.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KAOStheory

Well, she is not a Gay Drag Queen, and Trans Woman are NOT Drag Queens and Trans Men are NOT Drag Kings. you are confusing Gender-Identity Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression, and that shows your ignorance

i think maybe you need some love and acceptance

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime
Y bother??? :/

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I don't know... i need too in a sense, someone has to stick up and speak out against ignorance and try and dispel the untruths about the GLBTQ+ people... i know it seems like a lost cause, but we can't be pushed around anymore and let others speak about us like that

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I totally agree with you, but this one in particular seems to be overly disrespectful.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mousygretchen

Yeah, there are a lot that are purposely disrespectful, whatever hate they project comes from within and their own issues
edit on 6-8-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime

Well, she is not a Gay Drag Queen, and Trans Woman are NOT Drag Queens and Trans Men are NOT Drag Kings. you are confusing Gender-Identity Sexual Orientation and Gender Expression, and that shows your ignorance

i think maybe you need some love and acceptance

Maybe you need to realize that any of the above is not for us to question, because the law now states that if you are a drag queen, as in a male transvestite, straight, gay, bi, identify as a f'n teradactyl if you want, and you say "i'm transgender," insurance pays for your man-boob job, and you are now a "hero." the law passed two days ago, do you live under a rock?
edit on 7-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

And, you do realize the point of my post is, if i "identify" as a bald eagle, then i get 24-7 protective custody because i'm an endangered species, even though my, yknow DNA identifies me as NOT THAT EVER, then tough. I need protective custody, don't ask me about my business. And I need a special bathroom where I poop on your head, because i "Iidentify" as a bird. THAT is the law now. Get that? That's where we're goin folks.

total ridiculousness.
edit on 7-8-2015 by KAOStheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

No, i live in life.. again a Drag Queen doesn't mean you are Transgender, you don't just decide one day to become transgender. no one just says "i'm Transgender" it is what you are Born with, it's your Gender-Identity.. it is not a a choice... i understand you are ignorant on Trans Issues, but get a little informed before you start calling people out
edit on 7-8-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

and you do realize that you are using Willful Ignorance with your "Bald Eagle"

i mean, read your post, it's nonsense

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join