It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caitlyn is a woman; Rachel is black; what do you want to be?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Congratulations, you just made the status of ''global ethnic minority'' as a white European. In the year 2050, you might be an ethnic minority in Europe. If you were a rhino your race would be on the endangered species list.

I recommend a ''save the European'' campaign, or is that not PC or liberal enough?

www.theguardian.com...

yaledailynews.com...

Europe is a dying continent. I say this not as a criticism, but rather as a statement of fact. In Europe, an acute failure to produce the next generation has created a looming demographic crisis.

According to research by both the CIA and the U.N., every single member of the European Union has a birthrate significantly below the replacement rate of 2.1 births per woman. In the CIA World Factbook, Germany had a birthrate of 1.36 children per woman in 2007, and Spain and Italy had birthrates of 1.29. At such low levels of fertility, within 100 years, those three nations would have populations 80 percent lower than they are today. And Germany, Italy and Spain are far from alone: Every single industrialized country in Europe has a birthrate below 1.9 children per woman. The average birthrate of the European Union as a whole is approximately 1.5 children per woman — and that number is artificially inflated by the presence of millions of highly fertile non-European immigrants in the major urban centers of Europe.

Even if one ignores the statistical noise presented by the inclusion of millions of outliers, Europe faces a serious problem. Without a major shift in the current fertility trends, industrialized Europe will see its native population decline by about three-fourths over the 21st century. No civilization has ever recovered from such a population decline, and never before has such a decline been entirely voluntary.

Europeans are not becoming less fertile as a consequence of war, or famine, or disease, but rather as a consequence of their Western, consumerist lifestyles. Some, such as social critic Mark Steyn, have suggested that European civilization is in the middle of committing voluntary demographic suicide, and it’s not hard to see why: A civilization that is producing a tiny succeeding generation and shows no signs of attempting to remedy the problem is violating fundamental Darwinist principles of gene propagation.

You are correct in saying that people of white European descent will soon be a minority in the world and are the minority in many parts of the world. The estimate is by 2050 in the US, Caucasians will be a minority race.
What then?

We are just seeing the beginning with Rachel "passing" as black to get societal benefits.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I identify as Black as well. I wonder if this will help me get employment as a helicopter pilot since they are severely under-represented in the field.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

No, there is still a stark difference. The people changing their gender come out publicly about it, go through counseling, have to fill out various paperwork and forms to change the gender, etc. Meanwhile, this woman just changes her skin tone and hairstyle a bit then slips into an important position as a black woman, THEN lies about her struggles growing up as a black woman.

There is literally zero reason to believe this woman, and even if you DO want to honor her claims of identifying as a black woman, there is still the fact that she committed fraud. Fraud is fraud regardless of what you claim to identify as.

I guess we just have to disagree. What's good for the goose is good for the gander in my opinion and just because there is paperwork involved doesn't make something more factual.

Paperwork certainly makes it less fraudulent. How you can keep dodging the issue about how this woman committed fraud is beyond me, but I guess that is one of the hurdles you have to clear in order to believe that Jenner and this woman are the same mentally.

What about Elizabeth Warren? She claimed for many years she was American Indian. She has toyed with the idea of running on the Democratic ticket as President or Vice President. She is a Democratic senator from Mass. She also taught at Harvard claiming she was American Indian. She also got a promotion at Harvard based on the fact that she filled a minority quota as an American Indian and Harvard used her race as a recruiting tool, claiming to have an American Indian professor.

I don't see anyone making a big fuss about her claiming to be American Indian when it was proved that she was not, she simply decided she was.

This is showing that society not only doesn't care if people "pretend" to be something they are not for financial gain or for attention, and are actually applauding this self deception. Rachel from what I read actually did think she was African American, in the exact same way Bruce thinks he is a male; she even made outward changes in her hair and skin tone.

So are we now going to allow and encourage everyone to decide what they want to be and encourage them to act upon their wishes and desires, like the people who tattoo and surgically alter themselves to look like animals? And we will call it normal and encourage this self delusion as not only normal but courageous normal and make it something to be emulated for attention and financial gain?

edit on 2Wed, 17 Jun 2015 14:58:21 -0500pm61706pmk173 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
The issue with her identifying as black isn't that it's a skin change, it's that she hid her actual heritage & intended to keep hiding it, and wasn't forthcoming with any shred of honesty. The woman has a trail of lies behind her, and her parents & siblings felt it worth letting others know.

Becoming what you feel you really are inside is one thing. Intending to hookwink everyone in the process is bullchit, and the hallmark of a con artist & the deluded. Hasn't it been found that she utilized programs for blacks while claiming to be one? Is this not damned wrong to do, to use funding & services for people who historically have a rough time of it? This is where the core of her lies is, she stole these things from people who really needed them, not her better-off white butt. This is way more of a wrong than peeing in the opposite gender's bathroom.

but how do you make that determination? how do you look at one person and say anything about them except what is right there on their face or can be diagnosed professionally? how do you diagnose someone has being born the wrong ethnicity? how does that reflect on the family who gave them the genetics for something they reject? as though there isnt enough dividing family and society. there are so many factors to consider here but the biggest and most important factor (apparently) is the "freedom of expression" aka "the freedom of impermanence". which is nothing more than the license to wear ethnicity and gender and sexuality like the latest trend from macy's. let me be clear here: GENDER/ETHNICITY/SEXUALITY ARE NOT STAGE PROPS.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
What about Elizabeth Warren? She claimed for many years she was American Indian. She has toyed with the idea of running on the Democratic ticket as President or Vice President. She is a Democratic senator from Mass. She also taught at Harvard claiming she was American Indian.

What about her? She committed fraud too to gain support for votes. The only reason she isn't in jail is likely because she is rich.

I don't see anyone making a big fuss about her claiming to be American Indian when it was proved that she was not, she simply decided she was.

Everything I just read about it indicated that a VERY big fuss was made when these allegations came to light, so I don't know where you get this account from.

But in the end, people have been pretending to be other races for various reasons for a LONG time, that doesn't mean they are serious about their claims.

I'm sure you remember the commercial with the Native American looking at the empty can of soda and crying that single tear? If not, here it is below.

That guy wasn't Native American either.

People lie about their history and ethnicity to gain advantages, this is nothing new, and it CERTAINLY isn't the same as internally believing you are something not on the outside. It is all just a examples of deceiving the public at large.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Nyiah
The issue with her identifying as black isn't that it's a skin change, it's that she hid her actual heritage & intended to keep hiding it, and wasn't forthcoming with any shred of honesty. The woman has a trail of lies behind her, and her parents & siblings felt it worth letting others know.

Becoming what you feel you really are inside is one thing. Intending to hookwink everyone in the process is bullchit, and the hallmark of a con artist & the deluded. Hasn't it been found that she utilized programs for blacks while claiming to be one? Is this not damned wrong to do, to use funding & services for people who historically have a rough time of it? This is where the core of her lies is, she stole these things from people who really needed them, not her better-off white butt. This is way more of a wrong than peeing in the opposite gender's bathroom.

but how do you make that determination? how do you look at one person and say anything about them except what is right there on their face or can be diagnosed professionally? how do you diagnose someone has being born the wrong ethnicity? how does that reflect on the family who gave them the genetics for something they reject? as though there isnt enough dividing family and society. there are so many factors to consider here but the biggest and most important factor (apparently) is the "freedom of expression" aka "the freedom of impermanence". which is nothing more than the license to wear ethnicity and gender and sexuality like the latest trend from macy's. let me be clear here: GENDER/ETHNICITY/SEXUALITY ARE NOT STAGE PROPS.

You are right and wrong.

They are not stage props

but they are becoming fashion statements

and are becoming a fad for the impoverished soul

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

What are you...some kind of racist? I'm not allowed to parade up and down the street with a sign saying "White Pride" without retribution.

OH! You want to do or say what you want without others having the same freedom to do or say what they want about it. I see. Yeah, you don't have that freedom. No one does. We all have the freedom to be proud of who we are, but others have the freedom to comment on it, just as you have the freedom to comment about what they do.

However...if you dare (for example) tell a trans-gender male that had a sex change to female, that they are not scientifically a woman...you will hear a different story...you will be called "homophobic"

And if they have a sex change, they get called a bunch of stuff, too. They aren't able to have their sex change without retribution. See how that works?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

What about Elizabeth Warren? She claimed for many years she was American Indian. She has toyed with the idea of running on the Democratic ticket as President or Vice President. She is a Democratic senator from Mass. She also taught at Harvard claiming she was American Indian.

What about her? She committed fraud too to gain support for votes. The only reason she isn't in jail is likely because she is rich.

Everything I just read about it indicated that a VERY big fuss was made when these allegations came to light, so I don't know where you get this account from.

But in the end, people have been pretending to be other races for various reasons for a LONG time, that doesn't mean they are serious about their claims.

I'm sure you remember the commercial with the Native American looking at the empty can of soda and crying that single tear? If not, here it is below.

That guy wasn't Native American either.

People lie about their history and ethnicity to gain advantages, this is nothing new, and it CERTAINLY isn't the same as internally believing you are something not on the outside. It is all just a examples of deceiving the public at large.

The way I understand it
Elizabeth Warren actually did think she was American Indian and fully participated in the self deception until it was found out.
Rachel is the same, she is self deluded and would have stayed deluded except she went too far in trying to get people to buy into her delusion.

People with delusions like these are now being not only accepted, but the attention, fame and money they get for their delusions can encourage those with marginal personalities who are borderline personality disordered to go ahead and force society to buy into their delusions and to applaud them for their delusions.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

My personal thoughts are his desire to be female us an unconscious urge
to get the attention his wife and daughters were getting.

Caitlyn's desire to be female started at 10 years old! LOL! She told her first wife in 1970!

Source

link   
Funny you should ask, I've been self identifying as a midget since yesterday. I'm 6'4", but it just doesn't FEEL right.

From now on, I'm going to get upset with people at the grocery store who ask me to get them things from the top shelf. How condescending can they get? I'm a midget, stop looking down on me!

link   

My personal thoughts are his desire to be female us an unconscious urge
to get the attention his wife and daughters were getting.

I'll go along with that ... after all it is possible to live a life of

anonymity,and out of the shadow of celebrity...

that is if they really want to.

People often live ordinary lives out of the public eye, re. new identities

given to informers and witnesess regarding high profile criminal cases!

However as you say some (including recently a boxer here in the uk.)

crave the attention, publicity, and celebrity ... whilst moaning about

the media's intrusion into their privacy!!??

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

No, there is still a stark difference. The people changing their gender come out publicly about it, go through counseling, have to fill out various paperwork and forms to change the gender, etc. Meanwhile, this woman just changes her skin tone and hairstyle a bit then slips into an important position as a black woman, THEN lies about her struggles growing up as a black woman.

There is literally zero reason to believe this woman, and even if you DO want to honor her claims of identifying as a black woman, there is still the fact that she committed fraud. Fraud is fraud regardless of what you claim to identify as.

I guess we just have to disagree. What's good for the goose is good for the gander in my opinion and just because there is paperwork involved doesn't make something more factual.

Paperwork certainly makes it less fraudulent. How you can keep dodging the issue about how this woman committed fraud is beyond me, but I guess that is one of the hurdles you have to clear in order to believe that Jenner and this woman are the same mentally.

I'm not dodging it. I think her claim is simply stupid...as is she. I can reverse your comment to...why do you keep throwing in the fraud when I'm simply talking about how people identify.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

its because being a trailblazer in civic rights is the "cool thing" to do these days. it makes you a champion of the minority and thats a politically progressive move. a guaranteed gold star for anyone who figures out how to exploit that "anti-discrimination" motif we have worked so hard to establish.

Anti-discrimination motif, a true horror in comparison to the pro-discrimination motif that has governed this country for most of its existence, eh?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

What about Elizabeth Warren? She claimed for many years she was American Indian.

People made a HUGE deal of it. Don't know where you were...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The way I understand it
Elizabeth Warren actually did think she was American Indian and fully participated in the self deception until it was found out.
Rachel is the same, she is self deluded and would have stayed deluded except she went too far in trying to get people to buy into her delusion.

How can you make these claims when the patterns of lies have been exposed for each of these two women? Who cares what they are saying about their true feelings? Their integrity has been shot.

People with delusions like these are now being not only accepted, but the attention, fame and money they get for their delusions can encourage those with marginal personalities who are borderline personality disordered to go ahead and force society to buy into their delusions and to applaud them for their delusions.

Again, this is an apples to oranges comparison. Comparing someone lying about their past and identity for personal gain is a COMPLETELY different animal than someone claiming they feel like something else on the inside and then goes through with the change at LARGE personal cost to themselves.

The fact that you want to lump these two groups of people into one category shows that you don't want to attempt to understand either of these groups' situations.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I'm not dodging it. I think her claim is simply stupid...as is she. I can reverse your comment to...why do you keep throwing in the fraud when I'm simply talking about how people identify.

Because there is an issue of fraud involved with this case... The fraud puts the lady's integrity at question so it makes it less believable when she says that she identifies as a black person. That's the POINT. The fraud issue is INTEGRAL to the whole discussion.
edit on 17-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

its because being a trailblazer in civic rights is the "cool thing" to do these days. it makes you a champion of the minority and thats a politically progressive move. a guaranteed gold star for anyone who figures out how to exploit that "anti-discrimination" motif we have worked so hard to establish.

Anti-discrimination motif, a true horror in comparison to the pro-discrimination motif that has governed this country for most of its existence, eh?

"anti-discrimination" is just as dangerous as discrimination. remember, discrimination in itself is not evil.

dis·crim·i·nate
dəˈskriməˌnāt/
verb
recognize a distinction; differentiate.

the ability to differentiate is imperative to survival. and it is this ability to differentiate that we are desensitizing in this latest quest to "equalize" aka paint the world one color. but the world ISNT one color. and deciding that red is blue is unfair to every person who still recognizes it as red because thats its definition. particularly if you call them "discriminating" simply because you decided that red being red isnt enough to make you happy with yourself. thats no ones problem but your own and there is NO justification for fixing what isnt broken just because of that. thats what i call (very sardonically) being a "trailblazer" - you set yourself up as the underdog by making unreasonable demands then accusing people of being unfair based on factors that are introduced specifically for the purpose of making them look bad. then your unreasonable demands are met simply to appease an easily excitable society who are trained to react viciously to any act of "discrimination".

see how this works?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

"anti-discrimination" is just as dangerous as discrimination. remember, discrimination in itself is not evil.

dis·crim·i·nate
dəˈskriməˌnāt/
verb
recognize a distinction; differentiate.

the ability to differentiate is imperative to survival. and it is this ability to differentiate that we are desensitizing in this latest quest to "equalize" aka paint the world one color. but the world ISNT one color. and deciding that red is blue is unfair to every person who still recognizes it as red because thats its definition. particularly if you call them "discriminating" simply because you decided that red being red isnt enough to make you happy with yourself. thats no ones problem but your own and there is NO justification for fixing what isnt broken just because of that. thats what i call (very sardonically) being a "trailblazer" - you set yourself up as the underdog by making unreasonable demands then accusing people of being unfair based on factors that are introduced specifically for the purpose of making them look bad. then your unreasonable demands are met simply to appease an easily excitable society who are trained to react viciously to any act of "discrimination".

see how this works?

...that is a distinct sense of the word discrimination...yes, the mind's capacity for making distinctions is 'discrimination' in one sense...obviously not this sense...unless 'deciding how to treat others on the basis of what group they belong to or their physical/mental characteristics' is one of the 5 Buddhist skandhas...'discrimination'....I'm always surprised at how often people use different definitions and senses of words as if interchangeabe during debates and the like...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

edit on 17-6-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

[You said goat? I said goat! Now we can start a parade...Goat Appreciation Day. Block off the street, parade around and force people to accept our goat-ish-ness. I've even got a slogan for the parade..."Get Your Goat On"! Or maybe "A Good Day To Goat". ]

Tell you what, we can have a parade and all the floats can trail strings of tin cans after them. Any body got a problem with us? AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Seriously, if Caityln is happy after the surgery and feels free to live life as a woman, good for her. Now go live your life out of the public spotlight and take your ex-wife and stepdaughters along with you. The constant attention-seeking is beyond old news.

Rachel Dolezal is a whole 'nother kettle of delusional fish. Now she claims that there is no proof that the couple who say they are her parents are her biological family. I truly feel for the parents having to see this all out in the open.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join