It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Moves to Make ‘Conspiracy Theories’ Illegal by Government Decree

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Crimethink professional justified via Duckspeak, the Blackwhite on the rise.

Meh?
No... I'm no Unperson, Really!!!oneoneeleven

I believe in the god called NIST and hate any Ownlife, amen and Ingsoc!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JUhrman

You did read the article?

Who are the “conspiracy theorists“?
The “conspiracy theorists” are thus citizens who oppose the omnipotence of the State and who wish to place it under surveillance.
The Jean-Jaurès Foundation describes them as follows:

“[It’s] a heterogeneous movement, heavily entangled with the Holocaust denial movement, and which combines admirers of Hugo Chavez and fans of Vladimir Putin. An underworld that consist of former left-wing activists or extreme leftists, former “malcontents”, sovereignists, revolutionary nationalists, ultra-nationalists, nostalgists of the Third Reich, anti-vaccination activists, supporters of drawing straws, September 11th revisionists, anti-Zionists, Afrocentricists, survivalists, followers of “alternative medicine”, agents of influence of the Iranian regime, Bacharists, Catholic or Islamic fundamentalists “(p. 8).

21stcenturywire.com...

Now please tell me the J-J Foundation has nothing to do with this and conspiracy theorists are no heterogeneous movement whatsoever?

Bureaucracy on the brink of Idiocracy. Friggin awesome, isn't it?
edit on 17-6-2015 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Tell me how this out of context think tank exerpt is the same as France issuing a government decree to ban conspiracy theories.

But it's normal for conspiracy theorists to see conspiracy theories :-D

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The Frenchs are getting paranoid ... they've always been hypocrites.
36 websites have been closed without preliminary warning nor court decision :
36 sites internet bloqués en France. Lesquels et pourquoi ?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Hollande was speaking at a Holocaust memorial, and the "conspiracy theories" he decries are the Anti-Semitic and Neo-Nazi theories that are rapidly proliferating on the internet. As usual, Thierry Meyssan has to twist the truth to sell his pro-Russian Fascist propaganda. Here is a thread about the sort of propaganda Hollande is talking about:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 17-6-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

edit on 17-6-2015 by mamabeth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

The Frenchs are getting paranoid ... they've always been hypocrites.
36 websites have been closed without preliminary warning nor court decision :
36 sites internet bloqués en France. Lesquels et pourquoi ?

It is true. But it has nothing to do with conspiracy theories. Only with islamic terrorism. The "conspiracy theories" Hollande was speaking about were the antisemite conspiracies spread in France for years now and which are getting out of control among the French muslims.

It's all about Jews VS Muslims and the Charlie Hebdo aftermath. Anyone thinking this is targeting conspiracy theories as a whole is unaware of the context.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I am not only a "conspiracy theorist",I am a christian,a Bible reader,
gun owner,patriot and a woman!
A few years ago my husband made an appointment for me to talk to
our preacher about my online "conspiracy theories" activities. He was
accusing you people of brainwashing me here.
It is so nice to know that some countries are going to try and outlaw
and label us as terrorists.

They

are

not.

Unless you are related to Islamic terrorism and claim Jews are trying to enslave the world this isn't concerning you.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Simply put, I find myself literally "shaking my head" to the constant crap that we deal with daily from our world governments... All this is SMH worthy.... sigh

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
You can't make freedom of speech illegal in Britain.

Challenging the official version of events is free speech.

If David Cameron really wants to do this, the British Government can basically say whatever they want, and if even an interviewer on the news asks them a question challenging it, they could be charged with domestic terrorism?

If someone comes up with a question about the version of events, you could go to jail and be labelled a subversive and/or terrorist just for not going along with the sheeple?

He doesnt want to do it, its all a conspiracy theory

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

In that context I found that the case of French humorist Dieudonné very representative of the fact that you can criticize whatever you want but the Jews in France.

Another interesting article about this :
Can I Say That? Stand-Up Comedy in the Age of Political Correctness

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

In that context I found that the case of French humorist Dieudonné very representative of the fact that you can criticize whatever you want but the Jews in France.

Another interesting article about this :
Can I Say That? Stand-Up Comedy in the Age of Political Correctness

I agree. It's all about the Jews in France. I take no side in this fight but unfortunately it is true that many Jews in France are regularly insulted an threatened by people of Islamic faith, when not beaten, tortured or killed.

I dislike Israel's government, but the Jews of France have been there for more than 800 years and today they are still blamed for the action of Israel. It's not normal and they don't deserve that.

Muslims are discriminated in France, but they aren't threatened and attacked. I understand the concerns of the Jews of France, and I understand them asking the government to do something to protect them from being attacked because of the action a country that isn't even their homeland.

Antisemitism has always been a big problem in Europe, regardless of the existence of an Israeli state.

When people like Dieudonné or others are saying that the Jews of France are part of a worldwide cabal of Jews trying to take control of the world, I understand the fear of these Jews of France who consider themselves French since centuries regarding these rumors and conspiracies concerning them.
edit on 17-6-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Even things like The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is still regularly posted on the net as a real document, even on ATS, despite the fact it is known it's a Russian fake made by copying Maurice Joly's "Dialogue aux enfers entre Machiavel et Montesquieu" and specifically rewriting it to demonize Jews and justify attacks against them, when the original never makes any mention of them.

The fight against ignorance has no end and this is why the motto of this site is so true.

Each day we have to debunk the lies posted on the net, also on conspiracy sites, again and again because when we stop ignorance and lies are spreading like wildfires to do always more damage.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Israel - and its behaviour towards the Palestinians - is clearly the main source of animosity against the Jews.

By making sure every critic of Israel is understood as a critic against all Jews, the Jews plays the classic victimisation card. Diaspora Jews have dual citizenship with Israel. Saying they don't have anything to do with Israel is the most easy way for them to apply the ostrich policy.

Maybe you heard in our recent actuality about the case of telecom company Orange, the clash between Valls and Emmanuel Todd, or the opposition against the pacifist BDS movement ... France just can't stop making waves around the jewish community since the Paris attacks.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

By making sure every critic of Israel is understood as a critic against all Jews, the Jews plays the classic victimisation card.

It's not the issue.

Many Jews of France are as critical about Israel as you and me.

The issue is these Jews of France being threatened and killed BECAUSE of Israel (but not only, antisemitism existed long before Israel) despite them having nothing to do with this.

They aren't asking to outlaw critics against Jews. They are asking to stop spreading lies that all Jews worldwide are zionists. Most Jews worldwide have integrated the culture of their new country and do condemn the action of Israel too.

Saying there is an international cabal of zionist worldwide and that all Jews are potential zionists is a dangerous lie.

It's the only thing these Jews of France asked to be taken care of. To stop spreading a lie that could cost them their life.

They are asking exactly the same thing as Muslims of Europe who don't want to be considered as terrorists because some Muslims around the world are.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I'd like to agree with you but :

a) The amount of Jews critical to Israel is marginal in the Diaspora and almost non-existent in Israel (exept Arab-Israelis of course ...)
b) Jews that are critics of Israel are either labeled as 'Self-hating Jews' or considered as sect (Naturei Karta). If you are not jewish, it is more easy, you are 'de facto' an antisemite.
c) Jews that are critics of Israel deal with the same issues as Dieudonné (Gilad Atzmon, Norman Finkelstein, ...)

Occupation is the problem, not the people talking about it

Israel’s Foreign Ministry is going after Israeli human rights and anti-occupation activists overseas. Doing so will only make things worse for Israel.

edit on 17-6-2015 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: Added text

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Take a good hard look social liberals.......This is what progressive leaders and mindsets bring in time. When you put the rights of the masses before individual rights this will always......ALWAYS happen.

Irony at it's best......You want to keep your rights and liberty? The only way is to put individual rights first. At what point do they stop limiting speech........Who is making the call on what is banned...........

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

I partly agree with you.

Going back to the subject of the thread, the reaction of Hollande is still a political move reacting to the emotional climate in France after the Charlie Hebdo attacks and the abundance of hate speech and conspiracies posted on french social media afterward by people of Muslim descent.

The thread title is incorrect. The reactions in the thread are overblown. France will not do anything to "outlaw conspiracy theories" in general.

This thread is the perfect illustration of the problem with rumors on the net, the lack of critical sense and personal investigation, and how one person posting an incorrect or false info can turn into hundreds of people spewing their hate about something that isn't even happening.

People in this thread are reacting exactly like extremists on the net. They believe blindly something the OP posts and will start to ruminate it until it turns into hate.

I really expect more from this board than people responding to the OP without even reading the article and other sources, and then being all riled up about something that is basically a lie.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Had a quick look at one of the links

"[Anti-Semitism] maintains conspiracy theories that spread without limits. Conspiracy theories that have, in the past, led to the worst "(...)" [The] answer is to realize that conspiracy theories are disseminated through the Internet and social networks. Moreover, we must remember that it is words that have in the past prepared extermination. We need to act at the European level, and even internationally, so that a legal framework can be defined, and so that Internet platforms that manage social networks are held to account and that sanctions be imposed for failure to enforce" [1].

Looks like they are talking about holocaust deniers

NOT conspiracy theories in general

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I wasn't spewing hate I was only wanting to have fun with
the topic in my reply.Sometimes I just get tired of all the hard
core conspiracy theories.
The threads title does give food for thought.I wonder how long
will it be before conspiracy theorists are outlawed and sites like
this are shut down?

top topics