It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if President Obama refuses to step down?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

What are you smoking to think that is "probably true"?? I'm sure we'd all enjoy it too....

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
So mostly the last two years of an 2 term Presidency results in the President being a lame duck. Obama is shaping up to be no different. In fact, I'd say he's coasting as we speak.

You mean like this?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

THAT will never happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

What I am smoking..aHa..thats something you sure would like know... Unfortunately I can not disclose my own tobacco variants and melange which are absolutely responsible for this incredible sharp mind of mine.. lol..

What I meant is this conditioning of the american mind...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Better that then the previous picture...

Celine Dion is forgivable...Beiber not so much. In another century, that would have resulted in a war. Canada -vs- the world...

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I can't fathom a) why any sane man would not want to step down after 8 years of this madness and b) the op actually seriously pondering this preposterous idea.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

You pretty much nailed it. Anyone still complaining about Obama in this day and age just has an ax to grind.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I played myself
edit on 9 30 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Bump.

Obama has stated that he wont step down if Trump wins.

www.snopes.com...

I guess we will find out how impossible it is for a revolt and march on DC

Seems to be a joke website

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

It is.

Were that true, and it's not... He's not the Constitutional scholar we were lead to believe he was.

God, the mind boggles at the notion of him refusing to step down. He just plain can't do that. Even if both the incoming President and his Vice President somehow became unable to take office, the Speaker of the House takes over. Not the outgoing President.

No support either in law, or outside of it for any action of the sort. Clinton didn't. Bush I didn't. Bush II didn't. Or Nixon. Or Ford. Or Carter. Or Johnson. Or Eisenhower. Or Truman. Or who ever.

The only President who could have conceivably done this, well two maybe, would be Lincoln who wouldn't have done it. Or George Washington, who would never have even dreamed of doing this.
edit on 9/30/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Even if both the incoming President and his Vice President somehow became unable to take office, the Speaker of the House takes over. Not the outgoing President.

No support either in law, or outside of it for any action of the sort. Clinton didn't. Bush I didn't. Bush II didn't. Or Nixon. Or Ford. Or Carter. Or Johnson. Or Eisenhower. Or Truman. Or who ever.

The only President who could have conceivably done this, well two maybe, would be Lincoln who wouldn't have done it. Or George Washington, who would never have even dreamed of doing this.

Exactly.

Sometimes the prevailing attitude here seems to be that we've somehow turned into North Korea and the President can do anything he likes. As we've seen, though, Congress and the Supreme Court certainly don't think he's got that kind of clout.

posted on Sep, 30 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

What's a would-be tyrant supposed to do?

Those darned judges, and those thrice be-damned Congress men just keep gettin' in the way...

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It would go like this the new President would be sworn in and the football nuclear codes would then transfer to him. and all legal powers of the President would to transfer the new President.

I other words no one would obey the old President.

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

What's a would-be tyrant supposed to do?

Those darned judges, and those thrice be-damned Congress men just keep gettin' in the way...

Not only that, but the gosh-darned military won't form up a junta behind him!

Man, I could be president for life if they'd just all decide I was queen of the universe!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Exactly!

posted on Oct, 1 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

WE want COOL new uniforms to conquer the planet...LOTS of skulls and stuff...and NEVER forget the ...THE HATS...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join