It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Log-In Page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I have to log-in twice since the change. I enter my information and press 'log-in' and nothing happens; I go to the upper ribbon and press log-in there and am returned to the 'new' log-in page where I again enter my email and password and then, and only then, am I logged into the web-site. I don't use social media and want to log-in with my email and password - PLEASE FIX.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I just logged out and back in with no trouble at all...

Win 7 / 64

FF

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I was having a problem loggin in This morning on my iPad. I turned it sideways and was able to. It just kept going back to the Forums page but by turning it on it's side, there was more room on the left hand side to display the log in.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

No problem here either. I logged out, closed page, opened a new one and logged right back in with user name (not email) and password without issue . Maybe a cache clean would help?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I don't use social media and want to log-in with my email and password

We've never used your email as a log-in attribute, it's only username and password… which is the first option on the new log-in page.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: FyreByrd
I don't use social media and want to log-in with my email and password

We've never used your email as a log-in attribute, it's only username and password… which is the first option on the new log-in page.

That was unhelpful and I don't use my email as the login here, pardon me for misspeaking. I know it's the first option on the page. And I explained my experience with it apparently others don't have this problem. I'm hopeful that it will clear up as it is very annoying and could be a straw for me. But thank you for taking the time to SCHOOL me on something I didn't ask.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

No problem here either. I logged out, closed page, opened a new one and logged right back in with user name (not email) and password without issue . Maybe a cache clean would help?

Thank you, I will give that a try - sounds perfectly reasonable.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

We do actually get people that, without looking at the form field labels, put their email in the username field.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Ummm...I likey the new log in page...for me it's very pad and smartphone friendly...I no longer have to turn my pad on it's end to log in..........Win Win...

Thank you Skeptic

I hope your system login experiance is improved

YouSir

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Why do you log in and out anyway? I been logged in to ATS for up to a year...or more..still am and other sites too??????

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I cant login to ATS on my laptop. I enter my user name then password. When I press enter I get a message saying: "the page at www.abovetopsecret.com says: There was a serious error, refresh and try again." Is this on my end? Tryed both in Internet Explorer and Google Chrome

Not sure what happened but I'm now able to log in. Windows did an automatic update on its own and somehow fudged things up. I did a disk clean up and it seemed to work afterwards.
edit on 19-6-2015 by Alchemst7 because: problem resolved

new topics

top topics

join