It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Officer Supporting 'Help For Heroes' Verbally Assaulted by Anjem Choudary

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
A British police officer was verbally assaulted by Anjem Choudary on a busy high street and was left powerless and at a loss for words.

Anjem threw accusations at the officer such as: "Are you part of the EDL" and "Do you support the BNP".

The incident resulted in the officer later removing the Help For Heroes band.

See the embedded video below for the confrontation.

What is our country coming to?
One could argue that police officers should be politically neutral..

The officer is merely showing community support for the charity and may have friends/family overseas or come home, which is irrelevant. The point is the charity supports injured soldiers.

However Anjem used this as a sign that the police officer was wearing a political ideology of hatred on his wrist.

ATS what are you opinions and thoughts on this matter?

As the OP I find this revolting and an act of separatist behaviour.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: L.A.B

That's Choudary for you though isn't it? Not sure I agree anyone in any service should wear badges for a given charity, but not for the same reason. Not sure why supporting Help for Heroes badge would make you a member of EDL or BNP given that our services have people of all colours and creeds - Choudary must wake up in a morning with a desire to create an argument, best thing to do is ignore.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm not too sure about the "law" regarding police-politics-foreign policy etc...

But what I do know is that Anjem Choudry will go out on a limb to invoke drama.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The copper doesn't want hassle from his own. www.bbc.co.uk... I'll watch the video now. Will I be right in thinking he's super-tolerant and self disciplined?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

My question is, how does showing support for injured soldiers constitute a political standpoint? How does supporting HFH equate to EDL or BNP membership?

What, specifically, is Choudray's point here?

Police officers are supposed to be politically neutral while on duty, but supporting a charity is not political activism, and nor is demonstrating that support.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: kester

Good post. But isn't the idea of a British police officer to resemble a member of the community behind the uniform as well as still have a 'professional appearance'.

And yes, in that video the officer keeps calm and very smooth. I'm not sure I could be a police officer in that situation, far too many opinions

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: L.A.B
ATS what are you opinions and thoughts on this matter?

(1) Anjem Choudary is a bigoted twat.
(2) The police officer is a fine example of the average UK cop who shows professionalism while dealing with twats.
(3) I almost wish it hadn't been filmed and the cop had been one of the bad apples, and quick to show Anjem Choudary a taste of the extendable baton.
edit on 16.6.2015 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

how does showing support for injured soldiers constitute a political standpoint? How does supporting HFH equate to EDL or BNP membership?

Precisely. Can you imagine if a member of the police or a community member of another ethnicity walked up to Choudray and asked him why he dresses the way he does..?

Now that's political !

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

A quick look at some of his other videos reveals he doesn't usually talk so fast, almost tripping over his words, or smile like that. Substance abuse?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Let's not forget the Tazer..

That situation would be impossible though. The officer was targeted in a clearly ethnic area, not that it should matter (but the sad thing is it actually does), think of how intimidated he must have felt with people standing around as Choudray produces bigoted questions.

I hope more people like this get locked away. I'm all for multiculturalism, but all I currently see are separatists.. for example:

I'm sure those who are familiar with this political section are familiar with this video from East London showing "Sharia Vigilatnte's" accusing passers by, who are white, of entering a 'Sharia Law Enforcement Area'.

It is good to know however that all is not lost and that these assailants did end up behind bars. Which can be found in this here article which also has a good summation of other political outrages in regards to this topic.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: kester

Yeah, that smile at the end really creeped me out!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
My heart goes out the this poor officer.

I support Help for Heroes, I don't think it is political to support those who have sacrificed so much, its not supporting those who drive the agendas for wars but the Heroes fight for their country.

I know its not popular but I have a lot of time for police in the UK, sure there are some bad apples but for the most part I think quite highly of them. I only wish that the government would do more to help our police get rid of scum like Choudray while respecting the freedom of the rest of us. I think it would suit Mr. Cammeron better to start by having Choudray sent to scrub the toilets in Belmarsh rather than push through a now intrusive "snoopers bill" to "combat terrorism".

Was so sad to see at the end the officer had removed his band.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
i think this officer is within his rights to support her majesty's forces,why is he trying to tell people what we should think,
this chaudry i consider a threat to national security as he poisens minds with a defunct ideology.
im ashamed of the way the uk goverment has allowed this to become rife.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Videos like this interest me.

I do not think that they show Islam to be the cause of the problem but rather the excuse for it.

We have all these British Muslims who were brought up in council estates, they are unemployed, lack any real education and turn to delinquency, just like we see with Yobs and Chavs. But these are Yobs and Chavs with religion and I think they use that as a excuse for their delinquency, I don't think that a well educated Muslim in a good job with a strong family and good social support would be walking down the street in the middle of the night like that calling passers-by "fags".

Its a difficult one though.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Agreed.
The police officer was like 98% of all officers I have ever dealt with, even when I've been arrested, decent folk who would help save your arse if you are in the #, regardless of colour of skin or religion.
So the guy supports a charity which helps our service folk and he wears a band showing it while on duty in the country which relies on our defence by our service folk, I can live with that.
If Anjem Choudary can't then he should # off to Syria or somewhere instead of baiting decent coppers while they are looking out for the safety of our citizens.

...I would look the other way if Anjem Choudary did that to a decent copper in my town and he felt a baton over the head for the pleasure of being a bigoted victim mentality prick.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Exactly!

Now, I personally believe that a person should be able to walk down the street in pretty much whatever they fancy. If that is cultural dress which is just as much a badge of allegiance as it is a body covering, then that is down to personal choice.

But no one has the right to walk up to someone in the street, and attack them for their choices.

It is a shame that some people, and in this instance it happens to be this Choudray idiot, cannot get it through their skulls that their personal choices are for them, and that they have no right to inflict those choices on others. You may control yourself. If you seek to control others however, you will be resisted, and if one continues to attempt to oppress people, one should expect to be permanently prevented from having any control over anything, ever again.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And right there you have hit my views and opinions as a nail on the head.

It is a lack of education and opportunity, but that is a completely different debate and I could possibly write several other threads on that which are probably numbered in the hundreds of similar threads on ATS

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Well stated. I don't make a lot of threads here on ATS, like my profile states, I lurk and do a lot of reading.

However after discovering this video over a Facebook link and then clicking it out of curiosity.. It is instances like this that vex me to the point where I had to repost it somewhere more respectful than Facebook where it had not yet surfaced

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Choudary serves his purpose. He's being allowed to do all of this, has been granted a massive platform and is protected.

I'd imagine a large proportion of the Islamic community in London are very wary of him and his role.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The worst part of this is, although the EDL and BNP have tried to use the HFH image to strengthen their twisted Nazi groups, HFH have publicly stated the DO NOT want anything to do with them, neither do they want donations from either party......

For ex: Help for Heroes refuses donations from EDL

Choudary needs silenced, I cannot believe we allow his hate speech to continue on our streets. Is this why we need away from Europe and the European human rights act?

If it is, I would quite happily do away with it, as long as the proposed British bill of human rights doesn't further impede normal peoples freedoms.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join