It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Throws Hair In the Ring

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm actually shocked to read some of the comments here.

Trump isn't a politician?

Ben Carson is not a politician?

Of course they are politicians! They play the same political games as anyone else, they just have not served in an office. Why would we expect them to be any different when you can listen to them speak and hear that they are giving you the same sales pitch as the last guy? Am I the only one that notices this?

Also, the idea that the government should be ran like a business is completely ridiculous. Business' are for-profit ventures. Governments are to provide services and needs based on it's design. The military will not turn a profit. Police forces will not turn a profit, nor should they be out to do so.

I read a Forbes article quit some time ago that talks about this and they said something that is quite profound.

not everything that is profitable is of social value and not everything of social value is profitable

To reiterate, the key issue is this: not everything that is profitable is of social value and not everything of social value is profitable. The proper role of government is the latter. Those arguing for a business model for government must necessarily be ready to shut down all government functions that do not earn a profit, regardless of their contribution to our well being. And, if the public sector is being run properly, that should mean every single one. If it’s profitable, they shouldn’t have been doing it in the first place. There is no need for the government to start a chain of hamburger stands, hardware stores, or coffee shops. Rather, they run child protective services, the National Park Service, and the Air Force. Profit is the realm of business, while unprofitable but socially useful tasks is the responsibility of government.

Source

I think people need to think a bit deeper before they jump on this Trump, government ran like a business, bandwagon.

All this will lead to is public services being offered for a fee. And what happens if you can't pay that fee? No firemen? No police?

Or perhaps it will lead to the police having to meet arrest and tickets quotas to maintain a profit. But I guess they are already doing that, aren't they?

edit on 16-6-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: IAMTAT

BOTH of these men can really infuse some energy and common sense into the debates.

Is "energy and common sense" another way of saying "insanity and ignorance?"

We simply can't afford to continue politics as usual in this country...we're on the brink of ruin.

If you truly believe this, then the answer isn't Trump & Carson. That's like saying you think you're dying of a treatable illness but because your doctors suck, you've decided to receive treatment from circus clowns instead.

I LOVE IT!

He has got you 2 party initiates pulling your hair out coming up with excuses to hate him! What is funny? Everything I have seen from both religions? Every thing you guys are hating on Trump is something ya'll forgive your own Gods of politics!

roflmao!

Give me an asteroid and and ELE! It would finally end my pain of dealing with listening to you cry babies!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Did you LISTEN TO HIS SPEECH?

Love how you avoid answering a simple GD question.......

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
His speech did come off a bit rambly and drifting around but at certain points (and I didn't watch the whole thing) he actually sounded convincing. I wouldn't get my hopes up though I'm sure he is as bad as the rest of them. It is almost as if someone sets out with the intent to do good for the country but then they get inaugurated and things just change.

Like they have directives to follow the script for fear of...lets do some digging, how many presidents have had major scandals worthy of and actually been impeached and/or assassinated.? It is a dangerous world at that level with all that money floating around. It is like being in deep shark infested water.
edit on CDTTue, 16 Jun 2015 15:39:56 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago16-05:00Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:39:56 -050039 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTTue, 16 Jun 2015 15:40:52 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago16-05:00Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:40:52 -050040 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

NO! Damn, I thought that may have been obvious. Like I said, I don't care about his speech. In any case, I can't watch videos at work so I wasn't going to watch it regardless of my opinion on Donald and his speeches.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Like the rest of the current GOP candidates, Trump has no hope of winning a national election, and he KNOWS it. All his bluster is just shameless self-promotion, pure and simple. He's a clown exploiting the fears instilled in older Americans who have been brain washed by FOX'NEWS', Breitbart, Drudge, etc, etc, etc. I'm glad he's in. I can use the laughs.

a reply to: theantediluvian

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

NO! Damn, I thought that may have been obvious. Like I said, I don't care about his speech. In any case, I can't watch videos at work so I wasn't going to watch it regardless of my opinion on Donald and his speeches.

Typical!

Then you are calling those of us who did listen, idiots *metaphorically speaking* and YET you don't even know what he said!

Carry on! Because I would be correct in saying, "YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT!"....

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It's not like Trump hasn't been in the national public eye for the better part of 30 years. If it somehow comes out that he's suddenly developed a capacity for lucidity, that'll be newsworthy.

China! They're great! I beat them all the time!
Mexico, you suck! I'll personally build a WALL with my own two hands to keep you criminals out of here!
Oh, the magnitude of me. You're all fortunate to bask in my awesomeness!
I hate immigrants, except for Europeans. Married a couple myself! Dump 'em when they start to age, then rent another one. And that's how you do that!

Same as it ever was.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
LOL at the dorito skin. I kinda wanna vote for "dorito skin". If you could actually get "dorito skin" to get on the news at some .4% of the ballot... hell, I dunno... at least people can finally get the joke that is the presidential candidacy.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SheopleNation

Better at what though?

Telling the truth for one. Everything that he said was basically true.

I would take that over the bought and paid for, lying stooges in empty suits and skirts any day.

But that's just me. ~$heopleNation

Text of his announcement

Let's examine a couple of these truths this moron is telling:

When did we beat Japan at anything? They send their cars over by the millions, and what do we do? When was the last time you saw a Chevrolet in Tokyo? It doesn’t exist, folks. They beat us all the time.

Funny, I seem to remember the US resoundingly beating Japan in a little thing called WWII. As for his bit about cars, again he's either being disingenuous or ignorant of reality:

Cars.com - The 2014 American-Made Index

7 of the top 10 selling American-Made cars in the index are from Toyota and Honda. That means that the cars are assembled in the US from 75% or more domestically manufactured parts. Sure you see a lot of Toyotas and Hondas in the US and they're being made here by Americans making a decent living doing it. Meanwhile a lot of those "American" Chevy cars and trucks are made in Mexico with parts from China and elsewhere (including the UK and France). Speaking of Mexico:

When do we beat Mexico at the border? They’re laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they’re killing us economically.

The peso dropped over 13% in 2014, their government lost a bunch of revenue due to low oil prices (32% of their revenue comes from oil) and they had to cut GDP growth forecasts because their economy was slowing. So what exactly is this delusion windbag talking about? While I'm at it, why exactly doesn't he ever manufacture anything in the US? His clothes are made in Mexico, China and Bangladesh. When was the last time you saw one of his stupid ties in Beijing I wonder?

Should we continue?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

He has got you 2 party initiates pulling your hair out coming up with excuses to hate him!

Have you been inhaling the fumes from Donald Trump's comb over? Because nothing about that response makes any sense in regards to what either of us were saying.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

His clothes are made in Mexico, China and Bangladesh.

You could not pay me to wear one of those ill-fitting suits from any of those countries.

There is still ample opportunties to produce quality apparel in the United States or in Europe.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Ross Perot for all his faults genuinely cared about America,Trump seems to me mostly interested in trump,I agree the standard choices are toxic and its time for something different but that person has to have empathy for ordinary Americans

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

At least he admits they want to sell our asses to china! xD

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So, I've been researching tactics, such as you have a radical outsider in your primary as to make the others go, well at least HE didn't get elected. Except, that there are already too many radical outsiders on the GOP side, at least to a moderate or leftist. You got Cruz and Carson and Perry to name 3 and even Paul to name 4, so that the Democrats, if they lose can say, at least we don't have Ben Carson as the president, maybe it won't be too bad with Bush.

So with so many out there already, why have Trump in the ring? To serve what purpose? To go independent after the primaries which will cannibalize the Bush votes causing Hillary to win easily? If that's true then there must be a plan to squash Sanders who is gaining ground.

Surely Trump, doesn't think he can win outright?

I can't see the endgame, unless Trump is a pawn to help Hillary win the election.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

He has got you 2 party initiates pulling your hair out coming up with excuses to hate him!

Have you been inhaling the fumes from Donald Trump's comb over? Because nothing about that response makes any sense in regards to what either of us were saying.

Apparently you have?

Back to the comb over and insults?

Typical YET AGAIN!

ATS never fails me!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This speech was almost right up there with Clint Eastwood talking to a chair.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

It seems the only positive that anyone can attribute to him is that he's rich and not a politician, there's several others that meet those requirements... what else is good about him in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

He also has a unique orange sheen to him.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yeah you can continue all you like cause no matter how many exaggerations you post, they will never equal the amount of lies that the other candidates spew out of their slimy pie holes day in and day out.

Like I said before, I would take Donald over any of those D.C insiders, hairpiece and all. Anything would be better than continuing on with the Bush / Clinton monarchy.

Our Country ditched the Kings and Queens long ago, So any other road but the one back to them is fine by me. It's not personal. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join