It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When does Generally Regarded as Safe (GRAS), turn into "not safe to eat"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
When the FDA says so.

With this record of stunning reversals, how can you put any trust in this entity? I believe what's left of the FDA's credibility has departed for never never land.

Often contained in microwave popcorn, frosting, margarine and frozen pizza, partially hydrogenated oils carry no health benefits, and the Institute of Medicine has previously determined that no level is safe for consumption

FDA is responsible for approval of all medicines in the USA too. How could you possibly trust this group to license the vaccines injected into babies minutes after birth? Decide quickly. Corporations are working to take your choices away.

Mandatory medical treatments, removing labels on food and other nefarious tactics to transform you from a discerning consumer into a compliant drone.

The time to wake up is now. The globalists are wide awake.
edit on 16-6-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: added quote

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I will add. The last FDA inspector that showed up at the facility I work at looked like a jack-booted thug. Black on black with a badge and a black government vehicle.

All previous encounters I have had with their inspectors were without pause. Just normal looking people.

The FDA is just another letter agency out to make the lives of business owners miserable. They bring nothing to the table. I think they should have a motto... "The safest food is no food."

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Of course, you get stuck in the conundrum of wondering if they were correct before, or now. Either way, it's still the same agency making the determination--maybe the corporations have just now gotten to them to sway them to saying it's unsafe, instead of the other way around.

I doubt it, but you get what I'm saying, I hope.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

We avoid partially hydrogenated oils like the plague... along with high fructose corn syrup, and any/all fake sugars and fats. It took a while for me to get my hubby to give up his snacks -- chips and crackers -- but now that he has, he'll be the first to tell you how it used to tie his tummy in knots and how much better he feels in general. It was even more difficult for me to convince my diabetic mother that crap had to go, and that real grassfed butter (we use Kerry Gold) was much better than margarine. After many such changes to her diet, she is no longer insulin-dependent.

Whole foods, in as close to their natural state as possible (i.e., no processing) is always best for our bodies. The word is spreading... because of good people educating and informing others... like you. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The tide is turning, they further reduced the fluoride in the water. It appears that many scientists are verifying it's neurotoxic effects and they may phase it all out completely. Seems that six new chemicals made the water toxic list, fluoride compounds being one of them.

There isn't much being said about this reduction, it is being done silently so that people won't realize they screwed up.

two in ten kids have mottled teeth, and that is just the tip of the iceberg. Seems like added fluoride has been implicated in increasing autism.
edit on 16-6-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

When does GRAS, turn into not so safe?

When GMO.

Why humans go into the genetic makeup of food, change it from its nature property, and eat it thereafter...

Is beyond me.

I don't use hate much, but I hate these scum, Monsanto, fda types..

Long live nature and it's organic properties ♡

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There is so much not safe to eat, and now some governments are finally getting into the honesty business and telling the public so. Wake me when they finally label meat, sugar, cheese, and milk as unsafe. Signed, Rip Van Winkled

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
When the FDA says so.

With this record of stunning reversals, how can you put any trust in this entity? I believe what's left of the FDA's credibility has departed for never never land.

Often contained in microwave popcorn, frosting, margarine and frozen pizza, partially hydrogenated oils carry no health benefits, and the Institute of Medicine has previously determined that no level is safe for consumption

FDA is responsible for approval of all medicines in the USA too. How could you possibly trust this group to license the vaccines injected into babies minutes after birth? Decide quickly. Corporations are working to take your choices away.

Mandatory medical treatments, removing labels on food and other nefarious tactics to transform you from a discerning consumer into a compliant drone.

The time to wake up is now. The globalists are wide awake.

I have always thought it actually meant "We don't have a clue and shall err on the side of PROFIT".

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
I think they should have a motto... "The safest food is no food."

They are saving that motto for the FEMA camp inmates.

top topics

join