It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Ukrainians in rare protest against Russian-backed rebels

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

No the population of Ukraine see that this is not a civil war, but an invasion from Russia and have been saying that from the beginning.

I must've missed all the newspaper reports showing lines & lines of Russian artillery in Ukraine.

The sanctions say differently as the only way to get them lifted is for Putin to remove his troops from Ukraine...so the world sees this for what it is a Russian invasion and war created by Russia. The sanctions pretty much show that it is more than just a propaganda war.

From what I can remember, those sanctions were brought in after the hollow accusations of Russia shooting down MH-17 backfired, they then charged them with some flimsy accusation about using a banned missile or something, it's entirely a propaganda war.

You mean much like what Russian media has done during this whole conflict...gotcha.

Well I don't know much about that, last I heard Russian opinion was divided on Ukraine but I do know RT highlighted the plight of Ukranian citizens, something which a lot of other media outlets neglected to do.

edit on -180002015-06-16T09:56:13-05:000000001330201513062015Tue, 16 Jun 2015 09:56:13 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So all in all, nothing like portrayed by Yahoo.

And yet two other sources were provided so it just isn't what Yahoo is portraying.

A not a single one of the 3 sources you shared told the whole story.

Such as people supporting further attacks on the UAF.
Or people protesting against the UAF as well as seperatists.

edit on 16-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Thanks for that link . A much different read for sure . I guess if someone wanted to cherry pick a pro Kiev /anti-Putin piece the Yahoo piece would have been OP's better choice ...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I guess they already protested the fact that Kiev was bombing them in the first place

The only reason they are being bombed in the first place is the fact that the separatists are firing from residential areas, but feel free to show where Ukraine is just bombing civilian areas that the separatists aren't using as a hiding place?

Can you provide that?

That's a lie, I seen many videos of Kiev shells raining down on busy Ukranian streets, there were no rebels there.

The propaganda war was the giveaway, the West were just to impatient in trying to pin everything on Russia, the greed of Kiev and the Ukranians (regardless of which side they have allegiance to) are paying the price.

You mean like the one Russians tried to use from Georgia and convince people it was Ukraine. Funniest part about the video it was Russian troops doing the shelling in Georgia. Rule number one question everything especially if Russia releases it. They have been caught lying at this point so many times I don't think even they know what is the truth any more.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Yahoo article states that some protesters…

…demanded Monday that pro-Russian insurgents remove scores of rocket launchers from crowded city neighborhoods…

As evidence of this statement, Yahoo then shows view of grads launching from "crowded city neighborhood"?

Really have to blur my eyes for this one.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Different culture ...the cities there look nothing like cities in the west , every one knows that

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

So you were on those streets and know there were no separatists there?

So just because there were no separatists visible in the videos you say you saw they obviously were not there…seriously?

Thats not proof they were there. But you could show that to us, "pro russian bodies in the street"?

If you would be so kind.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thats not proof they were there. But you could show that to us, "pro russian bodies in the street"?

If you would be so kind.

So because you don't see dead separatists in the streets that is proof they weren't there...can you prove they weren't there.

If you should be so kind.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

A not a single one of the 3 sources you shared told the whole story.

Well then tell us the whole story since you seem to know more about it then those who are reporting about it?

I didn't state everyone in that area was protesting did I?

I provided the fact that they are protesting the separatists...are you going to say they aren't, because even you yourself have shown that there were protests so care to refute the fact they were protesting?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

As evidence of this statement, Yahoo then shows view of grads launching from "crowded city neighborhood"?

Did I post that as evidence in the OP...NO.

If you have a problem then take it up with Yahoo.

And had you read the description with that pic you would see they aren't saying that these are the ones they are talking about.

Pro-Russian rebels stationed in the eastern Ukrainian city of Gorlivka, Donetsk region, launch rockets from Grad launch vehicles on February 18, 2015 (AFP Photo/Andrey Borodulin)

It is used as a visual aid, but again it never stated that these were the ones the people were protesting about.
edit on 16-6-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

And had you read the description with that pic you would see they aren't saying that these are the ones they are talking about.

Thats my point. we can always tell the BS because of the "file photos", i.e., there is no validity to their story. Its contrived for mass consumption, the kind of masses that Yahoo draws. They hardly look any closer than the glaring headlines while waiting at the supermarket checkout.

Knowing that, what you bring that tripe here for? Oh…

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

So because you don't see dead separatists in the streets that is proof they weren't there…can you prove they weren't there.

As the thread OP, the burden of proof of 'Grads launching from crowded city neighborhoods' is on you. Shucking that with 'prove they aren't' is just dodging the question.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but basically you are making a claim without providing any evidence to back it up( as usual ), and then when you get called out to provide some proof, you then ask us to provide with evidence that would disprove your false claim? You never seem to change the tactic. Always with the same stuff, it's honestly getting kinda boring.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

OP is just doing like most of the western presstitutes do as shown in this RT vid .

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

As the thread OP, the burden of proof of 'Grads launching from crowded city neighborhoods' is on you.

And those in the video who actually live there and see these aren't good enough...well shiver me timbers those who live there must be lying.

I never said anything about the Grads be the focus of this thread, as it is about the protesting so if your having a problem with what they said then take it up with them.

This thread wasn't about what they were protesting about although I mention human shields it was about the fact they are protesting against the separatists...but good try to make this about something it isn't.

Shucking that with 'prove they aren't' is just dodging the question.

Not dodging, just laughing at how hard your trying to steer this thread away from the whole premise of what it's about.

SO now please show me where I said anything about me knowing there were Grad missiles in the neighborhoods, because I didn't and the burden you think is on me it isn't.

The only burden I have with this thread is to provide information that the folks did indeed protest the separatists...and that has been proven by a couple of members.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but basically you are making a claim without providing any evidence to back it up( as usual ),

You are wrong, and what claim am I making...this one

or this one...

Because that is what this thread is about, and it has been proven true a couple of times by a couple members. So I have backed the claim that I made with the title of this thread.

If this thread was about what they were protesting about I would have addressed that, and since it isn't, I didn't.

you then ask us to provide with evidence that would disprove your false claim?

What false claims would those be?

You never seem to change the tactic. Always with the same stuff, it's honestly getting kinda boring.

What tactic...asking for proof to back someones claim...is that a no no in your world?

And watching you try to derail a thread time and time again is to.

Now care to discuss the topic of this thread?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

OP is just doing like most of the western presstitutes do as shown in this RT vid .

What actually find sources that don't make up stories to make their beloved leader look like a saint?

RT has proven their credibility time, and time again, so keep them coming.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

And watching you try to derail a thread time and time again is to.

Now care to discuss the topic of this thread?

Wait, what? So you're saying that asking for evidence is a derail attempt?

I guess you're right, questioning credibility of information that you post here, is getting in a way of your true agenda here.

Just because you make a claim and consider it truthful just because it fits into your belief, doesn't make it true. And please, look at which post am i responding to.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Wait, what? So you're saying that asking for evidence is a derail attempt?

Evidence of what?

The thread is about the Ukrainians in the East protesting the separatists, but feel free to tell me what my threads about?

This thread wasn't about what they are protesting about, because as I have already said I would have made the OP about that.

I guess you're right, questioning credibility of information that you post here, is getting in a way of your true agenda here.

WHat are you questioning about the OP, and exactly what agenda would that be...

the fact they are protesting the separatists in East Ukraine, because that is all this thread is about nothing more.

Just because you make a claim and consider it truthful just because it fits into your belief, doesn't make it true. And please, look at which post am i responding to.

What claim is that, as you keep saying it but won't actually tell me what it is?

What belief is that?

And concerning the topic of this thread it has been shown more than once that there were Ukrainians protesting separatists in East Ukraine...care to discuss the topic?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The thread is about the Ukrainians in the East protesting the separatists, but feel free to tell me what my threads about?

You say that this is what's this thread about, but then you go on and make a silly claim like this one:

So because you don't see dead separatists in the streets that is proof they weren't there...can you prove they weren't there.

And then i respond to this, asking you to show us evidence that they were there, but then you go ahead and tell me that I'm somehow trying to derail your thread?

Or am i just misunderstanding what you are saying?

the fact they are protesting the separatists in East Ukraine, because that is all this thread is about nothing more.

Fine, but then stop making claims that you know will just provoke a response from people and then accusing them of going off-topic and derailing!

And concerning the topic of this thread it has been shown more than once that there were Ukrainians protesting separatists in East Ukraine...care to discuss the topic?

And? Minority of people is protesting against Russian people fighting against nazi army and they do not want to be caught in the cross fire! I'm not surprised at all. I recall intrptr and me showing you the evidence of Ukrainian army bombing civilian areas on purpose, before!

But you decided to ignore it, and just pretend as if it's not happening.

edit on 17-6-2015 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join