It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

East Ukrainians in rare protest against Russian-backed rebels

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well it seems as though the residents in the East of Ukraine are getting tired of the separatists using them as Human Shields.

Donetsk (Ukraine) (AFP) - Several hundred Ukrainians in the country's war-torn east demanded Monday that pro-Russian insurgents remove scores of rocket launchers from crowded city neighbourhoods and stop provoking government fire on their homes.

Donetsk residents from a neighbourhood near the airport that insurgents managed to seize after months of some of the war's heaviest clashes in January, accused the insurgents of using them as human shields.

"You are hiding behind our backs," some residents chanted. Others simply shouted "Shame!"

"It has been impossible to live in these conditions for the past year," said a young woman who wanted to be identified only as Lena for fear of retribution from the insurgents.

news.yahoo.com...

Not good for the separatists when the civilians are protesting the ones that are supposed to be there for them...Interesting times in Ukraine for sure.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Any other sources for this story?

I guess they already protested the fact that Kiev was bombing them in the first place

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

I guess they already protested the fact that Kiev was bombing them in the first place

The only reason they are being bombed in the first place is the fact that the separatists are firing from residential areas, but feel free to show where Ukraine is just bombing civilian areas that the separatists aren't using as a hiding place?

Can you provide that?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

The only reason they are being bombed in the first place is the fact that the separatists are firing from residential areas, but feel free to show where Ukraine is just bombing civilian areas that the separatists aren't using as a hiding place?

Can you provide that?

That's a lie, I seen many videos of Kiev shells raining down on busy Ukranian streets, there were no rebels there.

The propaganda war was the giveaway, the West were just to impatient in trying to pin everything on Russia, the greed of Kiev and the Ukranians (regardless of which side they have allegiance to) are paying the price.
edit on -180002015-06-16T09:04:24-05:000000002430201524062015Tue, 16 Jun 2015 09:04:24 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Here you go with video...

www.rferl.org...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   
War is always a terrible tragedy . Such a waist and the people stuck between the two groups is the biggest crime . It would have been nice if MINSK 2 could have taken the war to words and negotiations instead of bullets and bombs . As for protest ,well they are happening in the west too .

"Pro-Democracy police look on as Right Sector tears up a budding Maidan 3.0 tent city . russia-insider.com...
But unlike the east it seems that bats is what is being used
Things just seem to get worse every day . The Govt going into default and a few western countries sending money ,arms, and military trainers will not fix what is killing the country . It's a mess that seems to be heading down hill
edit on 16-6-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I'm surprised there was no BBC link

Either way, the people of Ukraine are and will continue to pay the price in this civil war.

link   

That's a lie, I seen many videos of Kiev shells raining down on busy Ukranian streets, there were no rebels there.

So you were on those streets and know there were no separatists there?

So just because there were no separatists visible in the videos you say you saw they obviously were not there...seriously?

The propaganda war was the giveaway, the West were just to impatient in trying to pin everything on Russia, the greed of Kiev and the Ukranians (regardless of which side they have allegiance to) are paying the price.

So those weren't Russian troops taking over Crimea and the troops that the separatists already said were there helping them were lying?

Just can't keep the lie going when the people your helping on the supposed down low keep admitting very happily that if it weren't for the Russian troops they would be in trouble.

But you are right Russia is the innocent victim here and the west is causing all the fighting in Ukraine...it didn't convince anyone the first time Russia tried that tactic and it is becoming clear that tactic still isn't working.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Again how about you provide something that isn't coming straight from the Kremlin.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

You choose where you get your info and I will choose where I get mine . Maybe you would like to bring in a mod to settle our differences as to where we should or shouldn't get our news from . For all you know your Yahoo could be coming from North Korea .

ETA here is about my source russia-insider.com... Now show me about yours and let people decide for themselves .
edit on 16-6-2015 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Bomb some place then move your artillery.

Film the retaliation and bung it on the internet.

Rinse and repeat

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Nyet, nyet, that cannot be. This is not protest! Ukranian peoples love kind gentle 'rebels!' Rebels save Ukranian peoples from Jewish Nazi Junta in Kiev.

Strained Simpsons reference: They are no saying 'booo,' Comrade Putin! They say 'Puuuu-tin. Puuuuuuu-tin' Da. I imagine Lavrov as the Smithers in this scenario, naturally.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So you were on those streets and know there were no separatists there?

No but it was an everyday street with people going about their day, until the shells hit. I get your point, there may have been Pro-Russian Ukranians there but they weren't firing on Kiev positions as far as I know.

So those weren't Russian troops taking over Crimea and the troops that the separatists already said were there helping them were lying?

I have yet to see definitve proof of Russian troops being in Ukraine.

But you are right Russia is the innocent victim here and the west is causing all the fighting in Ukraine...it didn't convince anyone the first time Russia tried that tactic and it is becoming clear that tactic still isn't working.

I never said anything of the kind, both sides have a responsiblity and they both seem to be failing in that respect.

To the population of Ukraine it's a civil war, to the rest of the world, it's a propaganda war to win support for whatever side of the divide you sit on. Be wary of who is saying what without evidence, I know for a fact it's a classic western tactic.

originally posted by: joho99

Bomb some place then move your artillery.

Film the retaliation and bung it on the internet.

Rinse and repeat

Invisibile artillery, neat trick

edit on -180002015-06-16T09:25:00-05:000000000030201500062015Tue, 16 Jun 2015 09:25:00 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Yahoo! Headquarters
701 1st Ave, Sunnyvale, CA 94089, United States
(408) 349-3300

Did California break off and get towed to the coast of North Korea? I know Big Kimmy is ambitious, but damn:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

To the population of Ukraine it's a civil war

No the population of Ukraine see that this is not a civil war, but an invasion from Russia and have been saying that from the beginning.

to the rest of the world, it's a propaganda war to win support for whatever side of the divide you sit on.

The sanctions say differently as the only way to get them lifted is for Putin to remove his troops from Ukraine...so the world sees this for what it is a Russian invasion and war created by Russia. The sanctions pretty much show that it is more than just a propaganda war.

Be wary of who is saying what without evidence, I know for a fact it's a classic western tactic.

You mean much like what Russian media has done during this whole conflict...gotcha.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

mobile.nytimes.com...

Little less biased.

It states that people were protesting Seperatism & the Ukrainian armed forces...

Some want to be moved further from conflict, some want a more aggressive approach from the separatists.

So all in all, nothing like portrayed by Yahoo.
edit on 16-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

ETA here is about my source russia-insider.com... Now show me about yours and let people decide for themselves .

Here you go a little about your source...

www.pbs.org...

And your source considers Igor Strelkov as a hero for his duty in Ukraine...yep no bias there.

And the fact you won't find any criticism of the Russian government only cements the fact as to what they are.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Monger

Maybe Kimmy seen the authors yt vid and liked what he saw lol

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

So all in all, nothing like portrayed by Yahoo.

And yet two other sources were provided so it just isn't what Yahoo is portraying.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I had already looked into my source and asked about yours . In response you failed to address my simple request . I wont blame it on your not being able to understand but only on your unwillingness .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join