It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Receive your healing today - It is supernatural

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
In my view, the mind IS much more powerful (and conversely, open to suggestion) than most know. It is capable of some miraculous things... science being one of those things... love another... and every once in awhile something truly mysterious happens, although I'm of the opinion it could be understood eventually.

If it was as simple as asking some father figure for wholeness, then the world would be much, much different.

It's not that simple and people forgoing real information for this hooey will get hurt.

I usually let folks believe what they want if it helps them muddle through this life... but spreading this virulent idea can cause real harm, so... no.

A meme vaccination is needed here.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It may be me you're thinking about bringing up prayers in regards to amputees. I did so recently in one of your other threads if I recall. I'm still waiting on the documented cases of lost limbs being prayed back into existence, and not anecdotal claims. You did say (in that other thread) that it was a common occurrence.

The power of prayer is suppose to move mountains. Not give people some feel good euphoria. Though that's all I see it doing, for the most part. In your OP you ask us to put aside doubt and open our minds. As if the willpower to believe is all that is required.

And I'd agree, it is about willpower. The willpower to believe things and create a mental responses (like a meditative state if you will), and find confirmation in coincidences or natural processes.

All well meaning and comfort prayers offer aside, where is the evidence they are answered? Be it by a god or any other way? I want to believe, I really do. You can never accuse me of not having an open mind. I just like to weigh the information.

Is your mind open to alternative answers that don't involve a god? Regardless....

Sorry to sound like a broken record when it comes to amputees. I bring it up as a good example of how prayer fails to live up to the claims. There are plenty other examples, I'm sure.

If truly miraculous things like spontaneous limb regeneration happen, then show me the truth of it. If your proof does not exceed undocumented stories, I've got a bridge to sell you too.

The internet is full of "evidence" of that calibur. For all manner of things.
edit on 6-16-2015 by wakeupbeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Amputees aside, I have a statement on the prayer and belief of healing.

If you believe in the power of thought, the law of attraction, or just the fact that like attracts like, maybe we can find a common theme.

I believe the power of thought hold a true "power". Reason being, if you have a positive outlook, you will notice positive things. Have a bad outlook and you will see the negative pile up. Not saying believing "makes" better things happen, but its what you choose to see.

With prayer, you go in with a trust and hope for positive. You hold to that prayer to be answered, and see the many ways in life that your "prayer" is working. Its the same as the Law of Attraction, just with a different name.

I DO believe if you desire and believe to be healed, there are possibilities/instances where you can be. I say that because I know that with thoughts, anxieties, depression, you can physically make yourself sick. So, the reverse is possible as well...I believe.

If you watch this type of video and desire to be healed, Then by all means DESIRE that which is good. Have power in that belief, because at times you need that positive feeling. For the guy making this video, as long as you are doing without trying to capitalize and selling snake oils, then in my eyes, you are giving some one the opportunity to regain hope and positive vibes. I dont see how that can be so wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: windword
Why is there always a catch?

Seriously true.

5-6 years ago I was a very conservative believer who was absolutely sure that God would instantly send a healing if I asked Him. I was sure of it. My faith was total and solid. But nothing came. No amount of worship and begging ... no amount of faith made it happen.

And then I had to endure 'good christians' telling me I was a 'bad christian' because, if I had enough faith in God, I would have been cured. So the fact that I was still sick was my own fault.

That was seriously cruel and evil to say to someone. It was destructive. And it wasn't true.

I am so sorry to hear this. Some Christians can be so cruel. Please remember that there are many people parading around acting as if they are Christian but the truth being they are as far from being a Christian as Hitler. Even though we know Hitler stated he was Christian his acts clearly showed he was not.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: deathslayer

Please remember that there are many people parading around acting as if they are Christian but the truth being they are as far from being a Christian as Hitler. Even though we know Hitler stated he was Christian his acts clearly showed he was not.

Religious views of Adolf Hitler
. . .
historians such as Ian Kershaw, Joachim Fest and Alan Bullock agree that Hitler was anti-Christian - a view evidenced by sources such as the Goebbels Diaries, the memoirs of Speer, and the transcripts edited by Martin Bormann contained within Hitler's Table Talk. Goebbels wrote in 1941 that Hitler "hates Christianity, because it has crippled all that is noble in humanity."[7] Many historians have come to the conclusion that Hitler's long-term aim was the eradication of Christianity in Germany,[8] while others maintain that there is insufficient evidence for such a plan
. . .
He made various public comments against "bolshevistic" atheist movements, and in favor of so-called "positive Christianity" (a movement which sought to nazify Christianity by purging it of its Jewish elements, the Old Testament and key doctrines like the Apostles' Creed).
. . .
The Deutsche Christens differed from traditional Christians by rejecting the Hebrew origins of Christianity, preaching of an Aryan Jesus and saying that Saint Paul, as a Jew, had falsified Jesus' message

Alfred Rosenberg
He is known for his rejection of and hatred for Christianity,[1] having played an important role in the development of German Nationalist Positive Christianity.
. . .
Significantly, in his work explicating the Nazi intellectual belief system, The Myth of the Twentieth Century, Rosenberg cryptically alludes to and lauds the anti-Judaic arch-heretic Marcion and the Manichaean-inspired, "Aryo-Iranian" Cathari, as being the more authentic interpreters of Christianity versus historically dominant Judaeo-Christianity;

Wow! If I had only known that there was already a neo-Marcionism out there, it would have saved me a lot of trouble cooking up my own.

I don't think many of Hitler's associates considered him to be a Christian, even though he was not excommunicated while alive.

I read a story a long time ago ( probably not true ) how German children were trained to love Hitler. The school teacher would say, "Pray to Jesus for candy". One or two candies would fall from the ceiling. Then the teacher would say, "Now pray to Der Führer", and a whole bunch of candies would fall from the ceiling.

edit on 16-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I can discuss low level Reiki and low level energetic body states if people are interested.

I am gonna use my own body as an example. Current issues with my body that are less then perfect:
1 I have a headache today and feel nauseous since I have a cold. So I went to bed instead and rested.
2 I have some weird skin thing between 2 of my toes that will not go away. Probably need direct sunlight on it for prolonged time to fix that.
3 Have cold sores and have had it all my life caused by virus that I have not been able to remove fully from my body yet.
So in my experience I have limitations on what I can do with low level energy body manipulation. But I am pretty sure you can do a lot of thing if you knew how it is all connected on all levels and can manipulate on the smallest scale inside the cells (on the quantum level of reality).

From my point of view Reiki (laying off hands) is used to add energy to the body at a specific place causing the body to be energized. What the energizing will do is depending on how much energy and how it effects the body environment on a quantum level. You can have 3 friends push energy into a body so it start to heat up to a degree that it becomes very uncomfortable for me and I need to cool down. I have had times when the energy when interacting with the body can cause too much heat and I like it when my body is colder.

A low level vibration is relaxing but a high level vibration can be to much for me since the nerve cells feel to much to be comfortable. To much bliss can become a bad thing. I use the bliss more like a comfort than a cure in itself. The thing I need to help me deal with what is on all levels of being.

What others can do and not do I leave to them.

edit on 17-6-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join