It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neurologist finds similarities in brain function of alleged abductees

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hawaii Tribune Herald
www.hawaiitribune-herald.com...

Each of the patients who claims to have been abducted by aliens and believed that a transmitter was implanted in their brain has shown abnormalities in brain wave activity in their parietal lobe. “That’s the area that does visual and auditory integration into higher order thinking,” he said. “The parietal areas process visual and auditory data, but they can intrinsically create it themselves and then send it to the pre-frontal region, where you become aware of it. … Our thinking is that there’s something in the parietal areas that’s generating (the feeling that transmissions from aliens are being sent to the brain).” The electrical brain wave activity of the alien abductee patients looks similar to that of patients who have experienced traumatic brain injury, he said. Russo, who operates offices in both Honolulu and Hilo, says that he tries to look at the patients’ experiences from their point of view and works with them to try to help alleviate their problem. “I’m not casting judgment about what it is they’re saying and their history,” he said Friday. “All I’m saying is that these areas of the brain are similar between patients. … Patients would not come to me if I did not take them seriously and their problems seriously. I don’t discount what they’ve said. I try to make the pain or discomfort or anxieties diminish.” Russo said that when he is performing the DEEG tests, patients will often ask him if he can see the transmitter. “‘No, I can’t see the transmitter,’ I’ll tell them. ‘But I can see the brain signals,” he said. Russo said that so far, when he has explained his findings to his patients, they have responded well. “It validates what they’re experiencing. It’s something that can be detected or measured using human equipment — most of what they’ve had is an extraterrestrial experience. So, I’m able to say, ‘Yes, I can see your brain and the area where there are communication difficulties,’” he said. “‘And I have medicines that may help the pain you’re experiencing or turn down or off the transmissions you’re experiencing.’”

It will be interesting to see if Alien Abduction can be explained in a more "down to earth" way, with the mind being the source of the experience or if something more fascinating unfolds.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGozerian

It's an interesting subject and no matter what you think about the stories the abductees tell, there's still something happening to them.
edit on -180002015-06-16T08:41:27-05:000000002730201527062015Tue, 16 Jun 2015 08:41:27 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Technically speaking, the mind is the source for ALL our experiences.

Thanks for posting this! Very interesting article. I appreciate the respect the Doctor gives his patients - very professional.

This has opened up some interesting lines if thinking for me, along with some other brain-related information I've come across recently. If it comes together in my own brain, I might start a thread. Thanks for the inspiration!

AB
edit on 16-6-2015 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

It's an interesting subject and no matter what you think about the stories the abductees tell, there's still something happening to them.

Like the UFO phenomena themselves, the old-line status quo will continue to deny that what it cannot/will not understand or accept. This guy is careful in how he discusses his clients, but he is still saying that it is all within their heads, and that bright light never did drop down from the sky in front of them, and the two hours were never really missing....

The bottom line is that they don't want to accept unsettling data because it reflects back on how they view the Universe with Man on the top rung and they, being professional astronomers, physicist or psychologists, are perched right at the top...and the top is beginning to sway.

That said, some true abductees need serious help with coping with existing in two worlds, but given the blanket denial of the phenomena from the very top down, there is little comfort to be had except via narrow parameters that ignore the cause and treat the symptoms.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've tried explaining this in a thread the other day, you could even see some of the responses completely disregarding what was obvious and going for what they believe. I learnt from a very tender age the mind is a powerful thing. This tends to go in hand with quantum physics.

"Reality doesn't exist until we measure it."

Everyone creates their own reality.

Good post hopefully it helps someone out there.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

That said, some true abductees need serious help with coping with existing in two worlds, but given the blanket denial of the phenomena from the very top down, there is little comfort to be had except via narrow parameters that ignore the cause and treat the symptoms.

I don't believe there is a denial of the phenomena, but lack of evidence to suggest that the phenomena is ET in origin.

There are many areas that may be the "cause/origin" of the abductee phenomena and the obvious place to focus is the psychological status of alleged abductees. In all of my years of research on this topic and through talking to people that claim to have been abducted, I have found that the vast majority of people that claim to have been abducted have experienced something very traumatic and damaging previous to the alleged abduction experience. Creating an abduction scenario in one's mind, if they have already been exposed to the idea of abductions beforehand, can help the mind cope with those tragic events.

Of course, there are those that may have been part of a millab project that believe they were abducted by aliens, instead of the government. Like Travis Walton. And I also believe that quite a few participants of the MK Ultra program may have made their way in to the abductee camp trying to find answers to what happened to them.

Of course, there are also quite a few people that are simply liars. I've spoken to quite a few people that you could easily deduce that they were lying, for whatever purpose. People will do and say some strange things to be accepted by a group of people they admire or enjoy. The abductee community welcomes anyone with open arms and is quick to interpret their "strange experiences" as abductions, when they were not.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

If you find a common physiological thread between members of a group who share a common set of bizarre experiences, you shouldn't limit the conclusion to only one side of the chicken/egg argument. Instead of assuming that this neurological similarity is causing the experiences, is anybody looking at the possibility that the neurological similarities are the result of the experiences?

An easy way to find out would be to have a control group of people who hear voices (but no abduction experiences) and see if they share the same anomaly. If they don't, then that gives more credence to the abduction story. If they do, then that would point to the possibility of it being purely psychological.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

It might also be interesting to compare them with people that believe the Official 911 Conspiracy Theory. I'd like to see if someone like Wolf Blitzer has the same sort of brain anomoly.
edit on 16-6-2015 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
These findings could be taken a variety of different ways, and as for whether there is a transmitter or not would depends on how much a person trusts that scientist, because implants have been removed, and Et isnt the only one doing those implants, paramilitary do them too.

But it certainly wouldn't surprise me if there is differences in brains of abductees without in any way suggesting its not taking place as they see or remember. There are differences in meditators, difference in people who sungaze, differences caused from all kinds of things.

The lack of evidence someone mentioned? You mean the top levels of government, military and shadow government/military do real investigations and release it to the general public? I'm sure they do real investigations as we've been on the receiving end of that, but don't hold your breath on the release part.

This study doesnt prove squat.
edit on 16-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I wouldn't put much stock in this theory, they change every year. One year it's magnetic effects, now it's parietal lobe, before it was amygadala, and also temporal lobe lesions. This year they even threw owning a cat as a child as a cause for hearing voices or having "hallucinations". Next year, well, who knows, maybe owning a Beezzer will be blamed.

Years ago I had experiences, very clear experiences and I shared them here. A prominent forensic pathologist asked for MRI's of my brain to see if he could find any cause for them. He found that I had a very normal, healthy brain. No lesions, no damage whatsoever. We also had a couple of lengthy phone interviews to see if I was off my rocker. He said I was well balanced.

After, when asked if that meant my experiences were real he said that even normal people have moments. . .

You just can't convince these people, they'd have to be there with you to believe it. At this point in my life I really don't care what anyone thinks,

STM
edit on 16-6-2015 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
But why are these people seeing the SAME type of alien, craft and surgeries? Why do they not have completely different experiences?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM
But why are these people seeing the SAME type of alien, craft and surgeries? Why do they not have completely different experiences?

Because the story is ingrained in our psyche from popular culture just like hundreds of years ago those with mental issues were taken by the fairies.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

They do have different experiences, depending on what type of person they are. If they are religious, they have a religious theme, if they are mechanically inclined, they talk about the mechanics of the ship..etc.

Each so called abductee always has a story that suits their personality, therefore that proves it is all in their head.

Even when science offers an explanation to the cause, they choose to ignore because it is better to feel special than to be mentally ill.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

Not necessarily, for some it's probably all in their head but the theme of it is only down to how the person can describe it. If it's religious that's only because the person has a filter that describes beings not from here as angles and demons, much like descriptions of ancient visitations. No one from that time period said things like "Aliens with spaceships and anti gravity tech came from space" do they. The only way to describe something is from the way you see it and what filters you have developed over the years.

Mechanics will always notice the tech because that's what interests them most and catches their attention most. It is about personality but that doesn't prove them being mentally ill.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Very interesting!

Somewhere, sometime, someone mentioned something about abductees having head injuries at some point in their early lives. I don't remember the context (it wasn't just an off the cuff snarky joke though).

I remembered it because it did fit in my case- I had a big concussion when I was about five or six years old. Three days of memory were wiped out. Apparently I was able to speak during that time (though all I could say was "mommy") and I threw up a lot, but everyone says I was awake. I don't remember a thing, even from the day before the accident.
What if I had lasting brain damage?

I don't know if that makes me feel any better than the hypothesis that I suffered temporary psychosis.

new topics

top topics

join