It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shenmue 3 to be Kickstarter funded announced at Sony’s E3 conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
And it's already raised more than $1.36 million in just three hours !
Shenmue for me was a special game and unlike anything I'd ever played before , it had a real sense of place and although it was a slow boiler it kept me hooked until the end , now Yu Suzuki will finally get to finish Ryo's story although the wait for the finished product will be long.

Has it really been 14 years !!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I know how you feel, Halo came out November 15, 2001 (I was 26) now I am waiting on Halo 5 that comes out at the end of the year.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Shenmue 3 has now reached and passed its $2 Million goal with the total now standing at $2,259 Million , sorry $2,261 Million .. the ticker is rising by the minute , I think it safe to say that Shenmue 3 is funded.
www.kickstarter.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just a publicity stunt and a way for Sony to pass the buck for its creation on the same people who will buy it.

Like they would have stopped if they didnt pony up the money.
E3 for Sony has been all about the Nostalgia factor...Shenmue, FF7 redone, that Ico/Colossus game ten years delayed.

I was one of those people on the fence between which next gen system to get.
Backward compatibility and the better control with Xbox One won.

I'm not a fanboy either way and kept my mind open since the first party titles for both sony and microsoft dont interest me. Im one of those weird people that didnt care for Halo or uncharted. Or either of their car stuff.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Shenmue 3 is a Sega IP and pet project of creator and legend Yu Suzuki , I remember Mr Suzuki had problems selling the original idea to Sega who thought it a bit of a risk.
I believe the Kickstarter campaign is a way for Mr Suzuki to get the funding needed for the game from Sega , if he shows there is the appetite from the fans to see the series finished then Sega will likely fund it , the $2 million target is nowhere near enough to fund the game in itself.

As it stands the total is nearly $3 million with 36,973 backers after just 2 days , I think Mr Suzuki has proved his point.

new topics

top topics

join