It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says will retaliate if U.S. weapons stationed on its borders

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: devilmoon
a reply to: Glassbender777

g7 is already fighting the bric countries in a hundred proxy wars all over the world.

difference is the g7 were never that successful when russia was weak.

and now russia is no longer weak.

Just the fact you think BRICS is any competition for the G7 is funny. There are only 2 BRICS countries with an expanding ecomomy. And China isn't in the mood to support the others. That's why China has been non existent in Brics. Even The Russian Central Bank (RCB) admitted there is no alternative to swift. And If the west wants to destroy Russia they have the capability. Instead they are trying targeted sanctions against people. And oddly not even Putin is on the list.

If the west wants to destroy Russia they cut off evwrything and Russia couldn't last for 2 months. Reality is the west wants to put pressure but not destroy the Russian exomomy.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

People don't understand that "The West" is basically capitalistic. They don't want to destroy nations, they want people living in those nations to buy their stuff.

(post by devilmoon removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: devilmoon

cross border trade between china and russia is now likely already the size of the entire us economy. but because the wb and imf are shut out and 90% of it is grey economy it doesn't get reported.

Then how do you know about it?

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

obviously no comment.
apparently it's against forum policy to call late investors in enron and lehman brothers idiots. so no chance we can discuss the level of stupidity in gubermint stats.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

obviously no comment.
apparently it's against forum policy to call late investors in enron and lehman brothers idiots. so no chance we can discuss the level of stupidity in gubermint stats.

Instead of posting proof you turn to deflection. The Chinese don't like Russians I know this may come ad a shock to you. But they really do hate the Russian people. The cross border trade you are talking about is from the millions of Chinese that live in the area of Russia that used to belong to China. They keep it off the books to hide it from Russia. Thi s is why Putin worries and wants to get more Russians into the area afraid Chinese are going to take over. Even went as far as offering people fleeing Ukraine free tickets to Siberia to help boost the Russian population there.

You believe in a fantasy if you think China and Russia have the same agenda.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I didn't choose to have it deleted.

going back where I came. only found out about ats after reading about it on cryptome.

bored now. got all the proof I needed.
edit on 18-6-2015 by devilmoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Great article thanks for the link....

U.S. and Russian forces have had several close calls around Europe since Russian forces took Crimea from the Ukraine in 2014 and supported rebels in other areas of the former Soviet bloc state.

A small incident can easily blow up.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

got all the proof I needed.

Proof of what? You need to learn to express thoughts fully if you wish to communicate.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I didn't choose to have it deleted.

going back where I came. only found out about ats after reading about it on cryptome.

bored now. got all the proof I needed.

Why am I not surprised you would frequent a board that likes to put the name and addresses of dead US soldiers on the net. Buy at least I'll say your consistent in your anti amarican fervor.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It amazes me how my country will medle in any other part of the world's affairs and can't hear the belligerent hypocrisy when we speak about Russian affairs.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
It amazes me how my country will medle in any other part of the world's affairs and can't hear the belligerent hypocrisy when we speak about Russian affairs.

Don't need the government to tell you right or wrong. When people bring up points saying well others do it isn't a defense. If the US or any other country makes mistakes that still doesn't make it right. But in this case no other country has used military force to annex territory since world war 2. So what Russia is doing is unique and really has no comparison in modern society.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

cross border trade between china and russia is now likely already the size of the entire us economy. but because the wb and imf are shut out and 90% of it is grey economy it doesn't get reported.

Then how do you know about it?

Lol.......................... Nearly fell over with laughter at that

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That is what annoys me so much aswell....I'm going to go off-topic here but it is linked to the current crisis imo.
Our populations in the west are spoon fed government propoganda almost as much or maybe even more than countries in the East,the difference seems to be that we lap it up without question.
The thing that really bothers me though is that if anyone speaks out or argues against US policy you get some brainwashed Americans(Not All Americans Are Brainwashed obviously....In fact I think most are not and can see the Lies they are fed by media) accusing you of either being Anti-American,Accused of hating America,Commie,Putin lover,Anti-Capitalist,Libertarian etc.etc.

America is definitely not the freedom loving capitalist democracy all about Free-Speech it claims to be.
Remember this :news.bbc.co.uk...
I don't agree with Nazis and am certainly not a Commie but in a True Democracy they would be allowed to exist and spout their Hatred,when they are not allowed then we simply do not live in a Free Country.

When Congress Authorised the FED to bailed out the failed banks and their Wall Street buddies with Us Taxpayers Dollars(Your Grandchildrens Financial Future Security) that was hard proof to many Americans that they do not have the Free Market Capitalism they thought they had.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.businessinsider.com...

America is creeping closer to Corporate Fascism everyday.
China for example is a Communist Ruled Country yet the Western Corporations made the Chinese(Our Enemies)Very Wealthy and Militarily Powerful and also outsourced Western Jobs to them inorder to enrich themselves at the expense of our way of life and self-determination.
Corporations (or the Billionaires that Own them)now simply buy the Governments and Politicians,Dictate Policy,Own the Media and give us only an illusion of Freedom and choice.

This is one of the reasons for this:
"The U.S. has more income inequality than Russia (#51) and China (#52). It ranks far worse than Portugal (#71), which is the worst in Western Europe.

www.businessinsider.com...

And heres another outcome of Corporations allowed to run rampant :

www.salon.com...

Wether you agree or disagree with me,like it or not,I will speak my mind.
(My Grandparents Fought Nazi-Germany for my Rights to it and to have my way of life....if I have to I will fight and die if necessary so that your Grandchildren/And My Neices and Nephews can have the same rights and way of life aswell.

My 2 cents

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

"Fascist regimes usualy don't stop there in order to survive they constantly have to grow and gather new resources at the expense of others."

Very True.... Why does the US have 800 military bases around the world?

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon25

America is definitely not the freedom loving capitalist democracy all about Free-Speech it claims to be.
Remember this :news.bbc.co.uk...
I don't agree with Nazis and am certainly not a Commie but in a True Democracy they would be allowed to exist and spout their Hatred,when they are not allowed then we simply do not live in a Free Country.

You had to dredge up 50 year old news to prove that America does not have free speech? In fact, all kinds of Nazis, Commies and Whackos sound off all over America every day with no legal consequences. (They might get punched in the face from time to time, but every right has a corresponding duty.)

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: defcon25

"Fascist regimes usualy don't stop there in order to survive they constantly have to grow and gather new resources at the expense of others."

Very True.... Why does the US have 800 military bases around the world?

Because American businesses are global in nature. Any responsible government will protect its citizens interests wherever they are. Do we need so many? No.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I think Russia threatened to cut off gas supplies to Ukraine because(partly political reasons)but also because Ukraine have been stealing Gas and also not paying their bills.

www.forbes.com...

Quote from wiki "A serious dispute began in March 2005 over the price of natural gas supplied and the cost of transit. During this conflict, Russia claimed Ukraine was not paying for gas, but diverting that which was intended to be exported to the EU from the pipelines. Ukrainian officials at first denied the accusation,[2][3] but later Naftohaz admitted that natural gas intended for other European countries was retained and used for domestic needs. The dispute reached a crescendo on 1 January 2006, when Russia cut off all gas supplies passing through Ukrainian territory.[4] On 4 January 2006, a preliminary agreement between Russia and Ukraine was achieved, and the supply was restored. The situation calmed until October 2007 when new disputes began over Ukrainian gas debts. This led to reduction of gas supplies in March 2008. During the last months of 2008, relations once again became tense when Ukraine and Russia could not agree on the debts owed by Ukraine.[5]"

edit on 19-6-2015 by defcon25 because: additional info

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Wether it's 50 years old or 100 is not important so long as it is relative.
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to say you live in NK...the point I'm trying to make is that the US is not as squaky clean on Free-Speech as it claims to be.

posted on Jun, 19 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes Business is Global in nature but it is not only American Corporations being protected.

"Any responsible government will protect its citizens interests wherever they are"
Yes Adolf Hitler would agree with you aswell thats why he took the Sudetanland.

"Russian President Vladimir Putin has said he will "protect" Russian speakers wherever they are. With
a buildup of Russian troops near Russia's border with Ukraine, some say the country's eastern region
-- with large Russian-speaking populations -- could be in his sights."

Are you saying that the US can invade Britain for example a Sovereign Country in order to protect it's citizens there?

edit on 19-6-2015 by defcon25 because: added question

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join