It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says will retaliate if U.S. weapons stationed on its borders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Its not a theory - It is fact.

Everything Putin has done has resulted in the responses he is now bitching about. Secondly Russia will never become a superpower like the USSR so long as Putin is running the country into the ground.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

What anti-rocket system? It's not in place. Even if it was, it can't do much against Russian missiles. Again, our allies in the area requested that we put equipment in place. If they weren't nervous about Russia, they wouldn't be requesting it, now would they? They requested US/NATO training, they requested US/NATO exercises. Now why would they do that, if they weren't concerned about something? Is it because Russia has been acting so peaceful towards everyone lately?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014I mean, I'm not even Russian, but I'm worried because of all this.

Your argument is like the country you listed in your profile - non existent and something that only existed in the past under Soviet Occupation.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: Zaphod58

On a more serious note, by moving your military equipment there, you are basically saying " Hey, we're seeing you as our enemy and we will treat as you as one", which will of course just provoke a response from Russia.

Yeah it's like playing with a hook and worm. What on earth are the Yanks trying to provoke Russia into doing? I honestly think they must want Russia to invade Ukraine proper style. Why else are they prooding Moscow?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Russia has nothing to worry about unless they attack NATO.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

But see, everything that he has done came as a response to western actions. That's all. He's not trying to build new soviet union and you can't show any evidence that support your claim, beside that he's crazy. And I can't take that seriously so i can't discuss it as such. And please, do not try to show as a proof his speech 30 years ago.

And if Russia wasn't such a superpower, I'm pretty confident the conflict in Eastern Ukraine would be solved ages ago. If you want to know why do i think that, well, just look at how did the US with NATO handled all similar issues in the past. With military interventions.

What anti-rocket system? It's not in place. Even if it was, it can't do much against Russian missiles. Again, our allies in the area requested that we put equipment in place. If they weren't nervous about Russia, they wouldn't be requesting it, now would they? They requested US/NATO training, they requested US/NATO exercises. Now why would they do that, if they weren't concerned about something? Is it because Russia has been acting so peaceful towards everyone lately?

If I'm not wrong, isn't the anti-rocket system supposed to be activated this year? Sure it can. It can't take down their missiles. Maybe not all, but some. Which could make huge difference in a potential war.

It doesn't matter if your "allies" requested it or not. It's a provocation, and you can't act all surprised if/when Russia responds to it, and be like it's all because of that crazy Putin who's trying to rebuild USSR. If Russia does anything, it will be just their reaction to what's the west doing, again.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Saying that Yugoslavia was under soviet occupation is beyond ridiculous. It just shows just how unfamiliar you are with political and historical events in Europe, but here you are teaching us about what's going on here and for what reason.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Russia has nothing to worry about unless they attack NATO.

and if they did? Makes you wonder what the response of NATO would be. Say the Russians took back the Baltic states in a couple of hours. What would/could the NATO do? Because any response may be met with tactical nukes into Europe. You can sort of see why Putin may be tempted into taking out the Baltics and Ukraine etc. I mean what could anybody do? Now I sort of see why the USA is putting weapony into Eastern Europe, there is nothing they can do if Russia does take back its near abroad.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Your entire argument dismisses sovereign nations solely to justify Russian aggression.

The missile defense is geared towards nuclear missile so if you are using the term rocket in that regard then fine. If your not then I would suggest you research what it is designed to do.

As for our allies and their requests its does matter. They have every right to deal with internal affairs as they see fit, just as Russia has constantly claimed when countries protested to Moscow over Moscow holding military exercises on their nations borders.

The deployment of equipment and rotating NATO forces through the Baltics and Poland are a DIRECT result of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It is a direct result of Putin stating the USSR never should have collapsed gone away. Its a direct result of Putin threatening he could take 5 capitals in a few weeks.

Every thing Putin is complaining about is a direct result of his actions.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Obama cancelled the missile shield in favor of the Aegis system, which is ship based. There is no system to activate.

So, you're saying that it doesn't matter what countries do within their own borders, if it is going to anger Russia, it's Bad, and they shouldn't do it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

I was making fun of Putins latest comments where he said no one has anything to worry about with Russia.

If Russia attacks a NATO country it will result in war. If Russia is stupid enough to use nukes, then their country will be just as radioactive as the countries they nuke.

and in the end Dr. Evil, err Putin will have done exactly what everyone has been stating since the start - His actions will result in the destruction of Russia - Just like Hitlers actions and the destruction of Nazi Germany.

Putin should try reading history books instead of burning them and rewriting them.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
nvm.. this debate will drag this off topic.
edit on 16-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The missile defense is geared towards nuclear missile so if you are using the term rocket in that regard then fine. If your not then I would suggest you research what it is designed to do.

Yes, and what i want to know is against who it is pointed? North Korea? Really? You will set up anti-rocket system against North Korea in Romania? Makes sense.

As for our allies and their requests its does matter. They have every right to deal with internal affairs as they see fit, just as Russia has constantly claimed when countries protested to Moscow over Moscow holding military exercises on their nations borders.

Fair enough - but if that action is seen as a hostile one, then the other country will respond. So my question is, why even creating a situation in which that could happen? How do you explain the Cuban crisis? Please, and explain to me how's that different from this.

The deployment of equipment and rotating NATO forces through the Baltics and Poland are a DIRECT result of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It is a direct result of Putin stating the USSR never should have collapsed gone away. Its a direct result of Putin threatening he could take 5 capitals in a few weeks.

You can't honestly believe that.
And i suppose the NATO expanding in the last two decades is also a direct reaction to Russian...ehm, what? Economical recovery?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I know how it sounds, but that's the thing with those damned superpowers. They can do whatever the hell they want and nobody is going to stop them.

I'm saying that this is as the Cuban crisis. I wonder why did the great Kennedy react to that...i thought any country has the right to do whatever they want within their borders. But that made the US angry and we know how it ended

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Are you, from the US, who has got most of his information from wikipedia, is going to teach me about the history of my own country?

The point is, we were never under Soviet occupation, but rather, we were between the east and the west and were doing what's best for our own country and we had the fourth strongest military in Europe.

But this is way off-topic.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yes, and what i want to know is against who it is pointed? North Korea? Really? You will set up anti-rocket system against North Korea in Romania? Makes sense.

North Korea, Iran. Its designed for our allies and not just the US. N. Korea has missiles with adequate range to hit the US and some of her allies. Iran has missiles than can reach Europe.

Stop picking and choosing your information.

Fair enough - but if that action is seen as a hostile one, then the other country will respond. So my question is, why even creating a situation in which that could happen? How do you explain the Cuban crisis? Please, and explain to me how's that different from this.

Because, again, they are sovereign nations and have a right to conduct their own internal affairs, just as Russia tells everyone when they hold drills. In exchange of the USSR pulling its missiles out of Cuba, the US agreed to stop seeking regime change in Cuba and adopted a no invasion policy. 6 months after Russian missiles were removed the US removed its nuclear missiles from Turkey.

Stop picking and choosing your information.

You can't honestly believe that.
And i suppose the NATO expanding in the last two decades is also a direct reaction to Russian...ehm, what? Economical recovery?

I do honestly belive that. NATO had no real need to step up anything in countries that directly bordered Russia. Until Russia invaded Ukraine and seized Crimea. When Putin makes comments like he did, other nations have a legitimate reason to be wary of further Russian aggression. Even more so when Putin makes the argument they will militarily intervene in any nation with an ethnic Russian population.

Again, as for NATO expanding, you are skipping over the part when those new members spent 50+ years under Soviet occupation. NATO is a defensive alliance and those nations know this. The Baltic countries, nor Poland, were ever going to pose a military threat to Russia, although Russia poses one to them. Those nations who bolted when the USSR collapsed took that step to ensure their sovereignty was respected.

If Russia / USSR were such a good friend and allies to the nations in question then please explain why they wanted nothing to do with them when the Soviet occupation ended?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Are you, from the US, who has got most of his information from wikipedia, is going to teach me about the history of my own country?

The point is, we were never under Soviet occupation, but rather, we were between the east and the west and were doing what's best for our own country and we had the fourth strongest military in Europe.

But this is way off-topic.

interesting that you find it ok for your former Yugoslavia to take an action in terms of whats best for Yugoslavia while denying that same position to former SSR / Soviet Occupied countries.

Care to explain the difference?
edit on 16-6-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

This isn't even close to comparable to the Cuban Missile Crisis. A bunch of tanks in Poland isn't going to destroy a group of cities in less than 5 minutes after rolling out of their parking area. The two aren't even remotely close to the same.

The SM-3 is not capable of stopping an ICBM to begin with. Even if it was, it wouldn't be capable of catching a Russian ICBM in the boost phase, because of the ranges involved. By the time it could catch up to where the missile was launched from, the ICBM would be long gone.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   

You REALLY think America gets ALL it wants?
If that were true we would NEVER go to war we would make others do it for us.
We would have DEMANDED repayment for our loans ALL over the world .
WE WOULD have NUKED CHINA,in Korea when they counter attacked on the Norks behalf.
WE WOULD own the middle east and we would have RUN those pesky arabs away from the oil.
THE WORLD does have a say in much we do.
edit on 16-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

Not to mention the BIGGEST ones Russia and China STILL exist.
edit on 16-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Yeah it's like playing with a hook and worm. What on earth are the Yanks trying to provoke Russia into doing? I honestly think they must want Russia to invade Ukraine proper style. Why else are they prooding Moscow?

You just don't get that Putin's actions genuinely frighten his neighbors, do you? It is Putin who has been provoking the United States to reassure its friends by sending token amounts of military hardware; remember, there were already American assets in place, they have simply been increased.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join