It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says will retaliate if U.S. weapons stationed on its borders

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: devilmoon

Yes there is. The VPN hack was a one time hack. The system was changed after to a completely different system. They got 50TB total. The F-35 data is measured in gigabytes. They weren't even close to getting it all.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

no. it should have been on siprnet. can you get more secret FFS?

vpn is only allowed on niprnet.

and they are supposed to be kept large physical distances apart.

can't believe what I'm hearing. that they had expanded siprnet so much was bad enough.
now you tell me they are putting some of their most valuable secret information behind a vpn that any script kiddy with a bit of bandwidth can access.

oh

my

god.
edit on 26-6-2015 by devilmoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

And you have to do it, even Russia and China because of how complex design and development has become. Although their "most secret designs" weren't there. They got radar and engine data mostly. Yes, the radar hurts, but Russia already has US engines they can use to improve their own and share with China.

They didn't get EODAS, RAM, the classified side of ALIS, or any of the other vital systems. The biggest thing they got was exhaust cooling methods, although those have improved since 2011.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Yes there is. The VPN hack was a one time hack. The system was changed after to a completely different system. They got 50TB total. The F-35 data is measured in gigabytes. They weren't even close to getting it all.

Unfortunately these vulnerabilities are not new, few years back we lost lots of intelligence to a vulnerability in the Drone program.

Drone virus

But God forbid we win a war efficiently, that might be cheaper and we might not have as many enemies to fight. Technology is past these silly errors.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

no russia and china's secret net is absolutely never allowed anywhere near the Internet.
and they would never allow anything remotely secret to remain available on anything with access to the Internet for longer than it was being worked on.

fibre is peanuts these days. there is absolutely no excuse.

every company I have ever worked with follows these principles. wth are you guys doing. you literally wrote the book on these principles.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No they're not new. The UAV incident was because they had access to install anything on the computers, which to me is stupid. Thru should be Su up like manned aircraft where you insert a cartridge that loads the mission plan.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Agreed, but the only logical explanation I have is two of the longest wars, Vietnam, middle east and soon to be others, almost seem as if we don't want to win, even with superiority. We make and keep enemies and help them along the way, this tactic seemed to thrive in Vietnam as well with us disclosing information to the enemy of purpose.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I'll bet they do too have access to the T-50 data through the net. At some point you're going to do remote testing. Your options are to wait weeks for the testing to be done, then physically move the data, take another week to input it all by hand, then spend weeks analyzing it.

Or have a secure remote access where you can analyze data daily after tests are done, find problems and solve them on the fly, minimizing delays.

You act like the entire siprnet is on the Internet when it's not. Some data was, not the entire secure system.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Any time politicians and the Pentagon micromanage every aspect of a war there's no way to win. At one point the guys in the field had to get permission from higher to fire artillery, and if it was even towards a town or village it was automatically denied.

There's no way in hell you can win fighting like that. And both Vietnam and the ME have that in common.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

you remote test on a closed network

then transfer the data into the secret network.

or you test at a remote location that has secure network access.

mostly it's all completely isolated with local replication of technical manuals.

there is nothing of value on the Internet that can't be duplicated for use on an isolated network. and there is no greater bandwidth than a truck full of hard disks

damn breaking those policies can land you the death penalty in china. that's how seriously they take it.

going to bed now.

a whole host of reported threats I never took seriously just became very real.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

And not everywhere you need to test has secure access. Sometimes designers have to shoot changes over. If they're working somewhere that doesn't have access they send it through VPN.

Again, this was not super secret data that was stolen, except maybe the IR cooling method. A lot of the Rolls Royce data you can find on public sites. Not specific design plans, but line drawings and descriptions. Radar frequencies can be found if you look hard enough. This is not detailed designs of the RAM v or any of the black portions.

As I said, it hurt, but you're still trying to make out like the entire design of every classified system is easily available, when it's not.

You keep believing that the entire military system is on the Internet. The rest of us that know better will still sleep at night.
edit on 6/26/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

which is fine.

they send the report. as classified to a location with secure access.
it is transferred manually via secure cartridge to the isolated network. or vice versa.

never ever would the entire plans worth hundreds of billions be available to connect to via a vpn. that is the most horrific security story I have ever heard.

next you'll be telling me all the opm files suffered the same fate. because some telephone engineer might of wanted to know if he's dating the presidents closest securities girlfriend.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The entire plans AREN'T on the Internet, which you repeatedly ignore. There was SOME data that was compromised. The most secure data was nowhere near the Internet, and what was compromised was a tiny portion of the plans.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

The entire plans AREN'T on the Internet, which you repeatedly ignore. There was SOME data that was compromised. The most secure data was nowhere near the Internet, and what was compromised was a tiny portion of the plans.

The biggest threat to security was the downing of that f117 you know the local farmers sold off whatever they could to china.

posted on Jun, 26 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

China and Russia both got large portions of the wreckage. Fortunately not long after they put a new type of skin on them, and RAM is notoriously hard to reverse engineer.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon25

Can you please post the article .?

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

They got 50TB total. The F-35 data is measured in gigabytes.

So they got everything needed 50,000 times over then...
because one TB is 1024 gigabytes. ..
edit on 27-6-2015 by devilmoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

No kidding. After all these years I wasn't aware of that. [/sarcasm].

And they was 50TB of data from multiple programs not the F-35. The entire F-35 program isn't there for them to get. You can try all you want and you can make up whatever you want, that doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   

we got to this discussion when I pointed out the Chinese are making big chunks of the f35 now.

us congress even changed the law to allow them to.

as you can see from the other thread on the hypersonic. russia and china are sharing all this tech. aiui india and Brazil both have access to and are participating. I doubt it was even chinese hackers. more likely a disgruntled us guy without the morals of snowden sold it on the black market.
my guess is they only stopped in this instance at 50TB because they ran out of storage.
which brings us wholly back on topic.
with the us having lost control of siprnet (on reflection I've concluded the vpn thing is pure disinformation). and with no more secrets. they have no means to act with a aggression successfully.

bet your bottom dollar now they have found a million vulnerabilities in all the systems they compromised. if the russians wanted to act to subvert them. even if they were too stupid to take the thousand other options available to them. the could just exploit their way into us based systems and cause untold damage.

nothing short of a total redesign of all systems they are using will change that now.

something the Germans are already considering.

posted on Jun, 27 2015 @ 05:32 AM
link   

They're not making anything on the F-35, except for some computer chips and parts of computer systems used for off the shelf components. You can say it as many times as you want, it doesn't make it any more true.

Raytheon and Northrop used magnets in the radar and landing gear that were built in China. THOSE were what was waived to allow them to use, and only in some aircraft.
edit on 6/27/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join