It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says will retaliate if U.S. weapons stationed on its borders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Well I understand what propaganda is... The same holds true for all sides (note the RT video) but honestly I have not seen the US MSM going on about a build up in Eastern Europe, but here unlike Iraq there the US had oil interests under the radar...

The current administration is what I consider "passive" when it comes to warmongering compared to previous white house warriors. If there had been a Republican in the white house, odds are the US would be at war on multiple fronts. This bit of news is not coming from main stream media and this is like the 3rd post I've seen about the US sending weapons to Europe. But, I am not debating the trillions that go into the war machine or what propaganda is...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

Well I agree about the Republicans if Mc Cain had won the radiactive resistant cockroach would by now be the supreme being of this planet that being said during the last missile crisis you had Kennedy and Mac Namara to keep the Pentagon psychos in check there is no such calibre individual Democrats this time round.
edit on 16-6-2015 by khnum because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Like you say..Russias conventional forces are very much weaker than they once were so why all the fear from ex-soviet states?
what have Russia done so far....When Georgians attacked the seperatist regions Russia invaded,why did they not just completely take over Georgia?(I'm pretty sure they could have if they wanted to)
Russia walked into Crimea and never even fired a shot you would think if the Crimeans were so opposed to it there would be uproar and tons of Anti-Russian sentiment coming from there.
Ukraine has been having problems for years with corruption.
Not that long ago we were constantly hearing that Russian Forces were invading Ukraine(According to NATO Russia have invaded 3 or 4 times) but there is still no invasion.
True the Russians are probably meddling in Ukraines Affairs but the US has also be meddling aswell(perhaps the US would be better focusing on it's own affairs rather than policing the rest of the world).
When Russian troops and tanks are actually in Ukraine then Europe can ask for NATO bases in the ex-soviet states doing it now is just going to further degrade the situation

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So another admin would be able to build base's on the Russian border and them not care?

LOL no, a smart admin wouldn't need to. Understand?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I think you made a very good point about the calibre of our politicians today.

When you think about it, can you name one Statesman worthy of his job? The only one I can name is the Russian Sergei Lavrov. I have seen him straight forwardly explain and diplomatically shield so much nonsense that the media launch at Russia its not true and he does it clearly, brilliantly and unemotionally. Surely throughout the West we could find his counterpart - but I don't think so today, none springs to mind.

Kissinger and men like him are war mongers with interests linked to the bankers and elite who protect their businesses and profits only. If it involves other people's blood then they seem to like it even more, because they know emotions and fear make people take up weapons which they and their mates supply the wherewithal. Hopefully more will understand this with this latest spat between Israeli controlled American foreign policy and Russia.

Anyone with one brain cell would know that by putting American weaponry into countries closer to Russia with which to threaten her, there will be retaliations. Wake up Obama, you might have a nuke shelter but the rest of us don't!

I wonder how America would like it if Mexico suddenly developed a liking for Russian military 'protection' and Russian money to 'strengthen it and create mayhem likely to spread over into the States; what if Russian installations of missiles all pointing at America were to be placed in Mexico or another South American Country close by? I challenge Obama to think about that one because that is what Russia feels with American money being pumped into Ukraine by American finances in order to destabilise it and the threat of missiles going into former USSR countries.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon25

Like you say..Russias conventional forces are very much weaker than they once were so why all the fear from ex-soviet states?

They don't want to become the next Ukraine.

Russia walked into Crimea and never even fired a shot you would think if the Crimeans were so opposed to it there would be uproar and tons of Anti-Russian sentiment coming from there.

I love when someone says they fired no shots...

Russian troops guarding Crimea's Belbek airbase fire shots into the air as Ukrainian soldiers march in protest

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Crimeans were so opposed to it there would be uproar and tons of Anti-Russian sentiment coming from there.

When you have Russian Spetsnaz running around heavily armed you don't usually oppose them.

Not that long ago we were constantly hearing that Russian Forces were invading Ukraine(According to NATO Russia have invaded 3 or 4 times) but there is still no invasion.

Well let's see Crimea was and is a part of Ukraine...Russian military takes over government buildings in Ukraine...they sent armed troops into a sovereign nation with the sole reason to annex part of that nation...your right there was no invasion.

When Russian troops and tanks are actually in Ukraine then Europe can ask for NATO bases in the ex-soviet states doing it now is just going to further degrade the situation

Where exactly do you think the separatists are getting there heavy weapons and artillery...Ukraine isn't resupplying the bases in that region, so where else is it coming from?

Keep believing Russia isn't involved heavily in Ukraine militarily...because you would be wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Anyone with one brain cell would know that by putting American weaponry into countries closer to Russia with which to threaten her, there will be retaliations. Wake up Obama, you might have a nuke shelter but the rest of us don't!

So how threatening is a tank with nobody to run it...because all that is being sent there, equipment...not troops.

SO now then this should be our response to RUssia invading it's neighbors...

It is okay to let Russia run rough shot over it's sovereign neighbors and when asked for help by those neighbors we should just say oh well we don't want to upset Putin, so enjoy the invasion.

what if Russian installations of missiles all pointing at America were to be placed in Mexico or another South American Country close by?

Oh you mean like Cuba?

I challenge Obama to think about that one because that is what Russia feels with American money being pumped into Ukraine by American finances in order to destabilise it and the threat of missiles going into former USSR countries.

SO American money is being used to destabilize Ukraine...care to provide anything that backs that claim?

Seems you have no problem with Russia destabilizing Ukraine...why?

And so you know those countries have asked for those missiles the US isn't making them take them, but feel free to provide the evidence the US is pushing the missile shield without those countries requesting them?

Same goes for NATO...those countries want to know they don't have to worry about being the next Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

America has a debt problem a large debt problem.

They want to destroy economies of both Russia and Europe so that US is not forced to bankrupt sooner.

Really that simple. Government of US has no idea what risks it is taking. If Russians feel like they are being prepped for destruction by eliminating their allies first like Ukraine, they will lash out and everyone will pay including the USA
edit on 16-6-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   

What sovereign nations do in their own country is their business. Something Russia likes to constantly state when it comes to troop deployment inside their own borders.

This would never have been an issue had Putin not invaded Ukraine. Everything Putin is now bitching about is a direct result of his actions.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

Got a source to support your claims?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Got a source to support your claims?

I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Hi,I'll start with your first point

"They don't want to become the next Ukraine. "
I don't really get this comment....Russia haven't done this to the Ukraine.
The situation in the Ukraine is happening because of the Ukrainian people....an ousted president that part of the population are happy about and the other are not(the eastern and western areas are in disagreement)among a whole host of other issues.
Russia aren't occupying the Ukraine.

"I love when someone says they fired no shots.."

Come now...I'm sure everyone new what I meant including you.
There were no big battles to get control....They simply put on a show of force and received barely any resistance.

"When you have Russian Spetsnaz running around heavily armed you don't usually oppose them. "
I never said anything about opposing Military.
I'm quite sure the Crimean people aren't afraid to speak out against Russia afterall they are not the Soviet Union anymore....in fact I don't think Russians are too frightened to speak out against their Government either(I don't think they send them to Siberia anymore).

"Well let's see Crimea was and is a part of Ukraine...Russian military takes over government buildings in Ukraine...they sent armed troops into a sovereign nation with the sole reason to annex part of that nation...your right there was no invasion. "

Crimea was and is now a part of Russia.
Russias Military haven't taken over any Government buildings in Ukraine(I'll assume you are talking about the Russian seperatists that are not Russian soldiers and are Ukranians themselves.)
I'm getting confused you seem to be mixing Crimea up with the Ukraine?
Yes I agree they invaded Crimea and annexed her(I didn't say they didn't invade Crimea I said they didn't invade Ukraine)

"Where exactly do you think the separatists are getting there heavy weapons and artillery...Ukraine isn't resupplying the bases in that region, so where else is it coming from?

Keep believing Russia isn't involved heavily in Ukraine militarily...because you would be wrong. "

I think the seperatists are getting some of their artillery from the Russians( I never said they weren't).

I am sure Russia may have some troops helping the seperatists but that isn't heavy military to me.
(again I never said Russia wasn't help arm the Ukranian seperatists I said they have not invaded the Ukraine.)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

I totally get what yor saying and this is why I'm afraid
My belief is that the US Government want to get a war going against Russia before their Economy goes under.(same as yours)
And it will be the average Americans,Russians,Brits,Europeans etc.etc. who will pay the price while they all hide in their Nuke bunkers.
I agree Russia and China are Nuclear armed states and will not be afraid to use Nukes either.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Perhaps the US should take a leaf out of it's own book(Syria is a sovereign state,Iraq was a Sovereign Sate,Libya was a Sovereign State)
I didn't like any of those guys either but like you say what they do in their own country is their own business it's when they start becoming a threat to other soveriegn nations that you may get involved.

Putin has not invaded the Ukraine.....show me the batallions of Russians on Ukranian soil.
The Ukranians aren't even saying that Russia has invaded.

Putin isn't bitching....it's NATO and the US Government whos bitching about the situation in Ukraine.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I don't really get this comment....Russia haven't done this to the Ukraine.

What world are you living in...Russia has done this to Ukraine and it has been proven right along with active Russian troops being caught in Ukraine...so how is Russia not responsible?

So what do you not get?

The situation in the Ukraine is happening because of the Ukrainian people....an ousted president that part of the population are happy about and the other are not(the eastern and western areas are in disagreement)among a whole host of other issues.
Russia aren't occupying the Ukraine.

I'm sorry but when you have active troops in a sovereign country it is an occupation...and Russia does have active military troops on Ukrainian territory, so exactly how is it they aren't occupying Ukraine?

And Russia is the reason the protests started...do some research and learn what the real cause of the conflict, because it seems you really haven't done much.

Crimea was and is now a part of Russia.

Wrong, because since 91 when Ukraine became independent so did Crimea as it is and will be part of Ukraine...just because Russia thinks it's theirs it isn't.

The only reason Putin wanted Crimea was because he didn't want to pay for the lease he agreed on with Yanukovych. Had there not been a base there he wouldn't care about Crimea.

Russias Military haven't taken over any Government buildings in Ukraine(I'll assume you are talking about the Russian seperatists that are not Russian soldiers and are Ukranians themselves.)

Well then who were these troops...

Sorry but Putin proved that lie to be just that...a lie.

www.businessinsider.com...

www.pbs.org...

And how do you explain the fact that the same Russian soldiers that were seen in Crimea were also seen in the Eastern Ukraine theater as the problems moved East. Also it should be known that the separatists were being run by Russian GRU operative...you know one Igor (Girkin) Strelkov.

See it's amazing what you can find if you actually looked.

I think the seperatists are getting some of their artillery from the Russians( I never said they weren't).

No they are getting all their heavy weapons and ammo from Russia...as nobody else is helping them.

I am sure Russia may have some troops helping the seperatists but that isn't heavy military to me.
(again I never said Russia wasn't help arm the Ukranian seperatists I said they have not invaded the Ukraine.)

You really should look up the definition of invasion and tell me Russia never invaded Ukraine, because you would see that they in fact invaded.

But here it is again...1 and 3 are the ones you should pay close attention to...

in·va·sion (ĭn-vā′zhən)
n.
1. The act of invading, especially the entrance of an armed force into a territory to conquer.
2. The entry into bodily tissue and subsequent proliferation of an injurious entity, such as a pathogen or tumor.
3. An intrusion or encroachment: Your reading her diary was an invasion of her privacy.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

And just so you know the separatists have even admitted to the use of Russian troops and heavy weapons to help them...

But “all operations, especially large-scale ones, are led by Russian officers, by Russian generals,” he said in an interview with the BBC. “They develop plans together with our commanders ... and then we fulfil the orders.”

In the end the volunteer fighters broke through, “because over three to five days, our tanks came to help us”, he said. “It was the Russian Army, Buryats [a Siberian people]. Thanks to them, thanks to that heavy weaponry, we took Debaltseve.”

The tanks had entered Ukraine via the separatist Luhansk “People’s Republic”, which borders with Russia, he added.
“Thanks to those Russian units it’s possible to take positions quickly. Near Debaltseve we [volunteer fighters] thought, ‘Well, looks like we’ll be stuck here a month surrounding them’. And in the end we took it in three days.”

www.telegraph.co.uk... es.html

So now feel free to refute what those who are on the ground fighting are saying...because they just showed you are wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You forgot to rebut how open and welcome Russia is to political dissidents. Putin definitely never has anybody arrested and jailed or kept under house arrest or disappeared or killed, right? He totally welcomes all that talk from "the other side."

www.washingtonpost.com... story.html

time.com...

www.thedailybeast.com...

www.newyorker.com...

Nahhhhhh. Dissidents and gays are well treated there.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Perhaps the US should take a leaf out of it's own book(Syria is a sovereign state,Iraq was a Sovereign Sate,Libya was a Sovereign State)

Ah yes comparing the situation in Ukraine to the middle east...why does that sound so familiar?

Putin has not invaded the Ukraine.....show me the batallions of Russians on Ukranian soil.

Where does it state that battalions of troops need to be used for an invasion to happen?

Again please refer to the true definition of invasion and tell me Russia didn't invade Crimea which is part of Ukraine?

The Ukranians aren't even saying that Russia has invaded.

That's funny because even a well known pro Russian media site says they have...

Ukraine Acting President Says Russia Has Invaded Ukraine, As 2000 Russian Troops, Military Jets Arrive

www.zerohedge.com...

Good try though.

Putin isn't bitching....it's NATO and the US Government whos bitching about the situation in Ukraine.

Are you kidding?

This all started because Putin is bitching about Ukraine wanting to join the EU and NATO...where have you been for the last year or so?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

This is actually funny if you think for a moment .We have been told numerous times that Russia is being aggressive and have even invaded the Ukraine .So the US/NATO to the rescue . The US is going to store it's weapons in a neighboring country as a response to this Russian aggression ?? Is that really a response ? And while we are at it ,look at the Ukrainian response to the Russian invasion . Hey Porky you are bombing in the wrong direction .The Russians are to the south in the Crimea ..Remember ,they took it away from you and all you can do is bomb men women and children with long range guns ?? Grow a pair and march your neo-nazie gang to the Crimea and take it back from the Russians .. pathetic bunch of cowards and lairs and all those associated with this mess

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Looks like the US are showing their true colors and causing more problems.

They have spent the last two years pushing false propaganda about Putin and Russia who have done NOTHING wrong but suffered the wrath of lies and American poking.

Putin annexed Crimea. The Crimea is part of Ukraine as described in a document signed by US, UK and RUSSIAwhose sovereignty is to be protected as part of a deal to remove nukes from Ukraine soil.

Now Putin did not like that deal signed by a previous administration (Yeltsin) so decided to ignore it. Now if you want to live in a world where signed agreements can be ignored by susbsequent leaders of countries then all hell would break loose.

Oh let me guess you will state as Putin does that the Budapest Agreement does not cover this situation. That is total BS, the agreement is clear.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Hey Porky you are bombing in the wrong direction .The Russians are to the south in the Crimea

And to the east, and the separatists must have missed the memo about lying that no Russian troops were helping them because they let that cat out of the bag long ago.

Remember ,they took it away from you and all you can do is bomb men women and children with long range guns ??

Well the threat of use of nukes is why Ukraine doesn't retake Crimea...take away the nuke threat and you have a different story.

Grow a pair and march your neo-nazie gang to the Crimea and take it back from the Russians .. pathetic bunch of cowards and lairs and all those associated with this mess

Tell you what you think they are cowards...let's see what you do against a Russian tactical nuke then tell me who is a coward.

Seems Russia has to use the threat of Nukes because they are the cowards, as only cowards threaten the use of nukes against a conventional battle field fight.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join