It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia says will retaliate if U.S. weapons stationed on its borders

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hi,just read this article and am a bit concerned with this.
If the US were to station some bases in these countries it could mean that a very minor incident in this region could be blown well out of proportion and I really don't think it is a very good idea for NATO to be in Russia's Backyard.
This would just make Russia more Paranoid and agressive imo.
What is your opinion?

A plan by Washington to station tanks and heavy weapons in NATO states on Russia's border would be the most aggressive U.S. act since the Cold War, and Moscow would retaliate by beefing up its own forces, a Russian defence official said on Monday. The United States is offering to store military equipment on allies' territory in eastern Europe, a proposal aimed at reassuring governments worried that after the conflict in Ukraine, they could be the Kremlin's next target.

the most aggressive U.S. act since the Cold War
edit on 16-6-2015 by defcon25 because: editing link

edit on 16-6-2015 by defcon25 because: editing link

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It is no surprise we have problems like this because of our totally incompetent president, state department, and all top level US officials. Everything they touch in any manner whatsoever becomes a new boondoggle of stupidity and failure/scandal.
These people are ideological children who think of themselves first and consequences later, proven by how everything since now is turning out. Global scale failed diplomacy.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Cuban Missile Crisis 2.0?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon25

I think we should stop building bases in every country on the planet because empires are bad ideas and world conquest is so last century.

I think I'm not surprised that Russia doesn't want us to station weapons of war in Russia's border countries.

I think instead of starting a war with Russia by pissing them off because we like to shove our big balls in everyone's face, we should instead find some kind of end for the wars we already have going that we can't afford.

I think the next Gov. official who comes out saying we need to go to war with "whoever" should be forced to fight in it themselves on the front line so they realize what it is they are asking for.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

I think your going to be absolutely spot on if this proposal goes forward.
Seemingly Germany has been opposed to this for some time...with relations with Russia and Washington the way they are at the moment I would think if this were to go ahead relations will just deteriorate further.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

The idiots at the Pentagon now believe and have told Russia of their new first strike policy thinking they now have full spectrum dominance of all possible war theatres,yes your countries war machine has progressed beyond arrogant to insane

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: mojom

Fully agree mate,mankind never seems to learn from the past and history just repeats over and over.
It is as if we are on the road to ww3 and there is absolutely nothing the average joe can do to stop it and the morons in power don't seem to give a damn.
If Russia,the USA or China get involved in any kind of conflict with each other we all know the most likely outcome will be a Nuclear War.
You would think these states would be at the table all the time trying to negotiate and compromise and improve relations with each other aswell as trying to decommission weapons and stop other states going after nukes etc.
Dangerous times.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Looks like the US are showing their true colors and causing more problems.

They have spent the last two years pushing false propaganda about Putin and Russia who have done NOTHING wrong but suffered the wrath of lies and American poking.

Always America starting trouble but never actually winning a god damn thing. From Vietnam to Afghanistan total FAIL!!!

No doubt the majority (not all) of the American public will be fooled into backing some sort of action, as most can't think for themselves.

edit on 16-6-2015 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I seen that on a video awhile back...do you know if it's true?
Seemingly a leaked document said they intended to nuke Russia and China in 2016 at the same time and the ABM system would be built and functional by this time to mop up any retaliatory nukes.
I wish I could find that video and some better evidence of that doc.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Huh, i think he is competent. Your goverment is doing somethign at what it is the best ont he world. Poking countries all over the globe and starting wars, so big corporations can make money, amount of money that i cant even write, because it have so many zeros.

At same time i hear over there across the swamp you guys are not living an american dream like you were 20-30 years ago?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Always America starting trouble but never actually winning a god damn thing. From Vietnam to Afghanistan total FAIL!!!

No doubt the majority (not all) of the American public will be fooled into backing some sort of action, as most can't think for themselves.

FAIL?
You think winning is when you score more goals than opponent or when country say we surrender, now leave us alone? Or if Afghanistan say: ok we surrender u won?

Or maybe is winning for American government when they corporations make money. And trust me that is the case. Then war in Vietnam was won, it was one of the best wars USA had, also Afghanistan was luxurious for some corporations and Iraq was jackpot.

This website have some info who made cash in Iraq:
www.businesspundit.com...

Use google to find for other wars and you will see that USA made big bucks in World War 2, by selling stuff to nazis.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

So another admin would be able to build base's on the Russian border and them not care?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Well here is the video

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: saadad
Huh, i think he is competent. Your goverment is doing somethign at what it is the best ont he world. Poking countries all over the globe and starting wars, so big corporations can make money, amount of money that i cant even write, because it have so many zeros.

At same time i hear over there across the swamp you guys are not living an american dream like you were 20-30 years ago?

I can not understand half of what you are saying. Check your writing at least so it makes sense.

The American government are only interested in money and power even over their citizens. But look at the COST. men and women being killed in the name of freedom. HAHA biggest joke ever.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: khnum

thanks!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: projectbane

Inadvertantly you have hit the nail on the head ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY winning is irrelevant its all about feeding the military industrial complex those greenbacks for as long as public opinion permits in any given conflict the US does not fight for victory it fights for Exxon,GE,Raytheon,Haliburton,General Dynamics,Lockheed Martin,Northrop Grumman,the Federal Reserve etc etc

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Strange that the US did nothing but watch as the Ukraine was invaded by Russia, and now tries to place military armament in Eastern Europe. So these Eastern Europeans/US want to reestablish a cold war situation where they have troops on their borders poised for invasion. It's a pretty good indicator that US foreign policy and diplomacy (John Kerry) have failed, and these issue happened over a year ago. The official reaction was sanctions, but apparently that has had little to no effect. So what interest could the US have for acting as international enforcer? No winners in this battle and nothing has changed. So the Soviet Union breaks up into 15 little countries, and now the US is supposed to back these little countries with military might? The breaking up of the Soviet Union is not even something the US contributed to, or desired, so why are they getting involved now? If it is because of the invasion of Ukraine, I would say their reaction is too little, too late.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mapsurfer_

Ill continue with the theme Ive been on, the US bangs the war drums with Russia,China,North Korea,ISIS etc etc so that the Pentagon shills on every network can continue to fearmonger and cause concern in the community so that no one questions the hundreds of billions offically and trillions of dollars unofficially that go to the war machine- its all about public perception THE US MUST ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS PROMOTE CREDIBLE ENEMIES to justify its world meddlings with its constituents

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Oh boy you guys do not ever bother to read do you? These are not bases, the are not even troops. They would be propositioned equipment that NATO forces could quickly link up with in case of an invasion of a NATO state. It is the same thing the US does all over the world so that it can respond to a attack but, not keep troops sitting their. It is not enough to attack Russia, it is not even enough to stop Russia. It is enough to slow Russia so that follow on forces can deal with a Russian attack before they were able to push very far. This is not just basic military strategy but, common sense.

Now as for the Russia threat? Unless Russia is planning on mobilizing its forces and in doing so extending it conscripts enlistment time Russia could not maintain any sort of deployment that would anything but a shell of a force. Russia only has 280,000 professional soldiers in its active forces. The remaining 500,000 are conscripts with one year contracts. The get only 3 months of training total and are pretty much just basic infantry. Of the 500,000, 1/3 are in training. That leaves you with 334,000 conscripts with between 1 and 9 months of service left. This is one reason Russia is having such hard time dealing with Ukraine. Lack of professional soldiers.

Russia could mobilize but the cost would be very high when Russia could least afford it and Russia would have to face the possibility that the troops simply would not come. Bribing ones way out of severing is common as is simply leaving and going home. Something that your commander overlooks because he still gets the money to train and feed etc, Which he pockets, so long as you exist on paper. This was a problem in the Georgia wars. So while Russia sees its ability to rush into some of the smaller NATO states at is big threat to the West and a chip that can be played, the positioning of equipment that can be manned with in a day or so would end take away that chip.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

We agree.

Prepositioned equipment is nothing new. Many of you are trying to frame this as a US planned pre-invasion moves.

What it is, is a metaphorical shot across the Soviet, oops sorry, had a flashback; Russian bows. A warning.

If you want to read more into feel free. It's the rebirth of the Cold War. Thanks in no small part to idiocy on both sides. Remember it takes two to make a global crisis, or regional.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join