It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Govt Advice For Preventing More North Carolina Shark Attacks.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Thanks Augustus, sounds very tastee and filling! Is it illegal to eat Shark in this country? I never see it offered on menus at seafood restaurants.

Not at all. Shark is available at many seafood restaurants and fish mongers.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I hear that Johnny Carson had a dark sadistic side. Perhaps he meant it? I don't think that advice/joke would be politically correct in this day and age however...particularly after real attacks have occurred.

What IS a politically correct joke? Don't jokes make fun of and poke jabs at typically un-political correct and sensitive issues? And wasn't Johnny Carson popular because he wasn't politically correct? I'd think a politically correct comedian would have a poor and short career.

I don't think Johnny Carson would include in his monologue, ""Hey! Did you hear about the two kids whose extremities were amputated by sharks this weekend? I've heard that the only way to avoid a shark attack is to use the "buddy system". What's that you ask? It's where you swim with a buddy and offer him to the shark!""

That wouldn't be the right thing for Carson, Kimmel, Letterman, etc.. to say. Be it 1975 or 2015, IMO.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
The point of staying out of the water is to give that water-dwelling hunter time to finish canvasing the area & either finish eating what it's tracking, or move onto more fruitful shores. They don't tend to linger too long, but they will loop back once or twice before leaving the area. It's pretty neat to watch from shore, really.

a reply to: PLAYERONE01
Yeah, nurse sharks are basically harmless, unless you happen to step on one or trip over one, it might bite in surprise. Either way, it can still bite & do serious damage, you don't want to be the unlucky sap dealing with that aftermath, even if it's not as bad as a thresher bite. Never underestimate a predator.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks Augustus, sounds very tastee and filling! Is it illegal to eat Shark in this country? I never see it offered on menus at seafood restaurants.

Not at all. Shark is available at many seafood restaurants and fish mongers.

Well that's good to hear! I'll have to call around. Unfortunately the only easy to find sharks here in Chicago are the species known as "politician".

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well that's good to hear! I'll have to call around. Unfortunately the only easy to find sharks here in Chicago are the species known as "politician".

You can eat those too.

They taste like pork.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You can eat those too.

They taste like pork.

O. M. G. !!!!!! You are witty!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Daytona Florida area has the highest bite count.

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
June 28, 2015

There was another shark attack off a Carolina beach yesterday.

Ref: www.foxnews.com...

You think maybe there is some kind of irritant being dumped/pumped into the water in that area, and some Sharks are smart enough to know that humans are responsible, and to attack that species?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shadys321
a reply to: hutch622

That was the weirdest, worst advice I have read for any given situation in a very long time.

this is the best advice from the chamber of congress, and business leaders....they know if you can't go in the water, you are not going to go to the beach, and spend money in the surrounding area....they don't care about a few bitten off limbs, when it generates tens of millions of tourist dollars to keep them coming back...the great unwashed are looked at as disposable income units (DIU's)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
BREAKING NEWS
Another confirmed shark attack off the island of Ocracoke, N.C. about an hour ago.
Working to get more details.

edit on R2015pm01C2015000000Wed, 01 Jul 2015 12:53:49 -050049America/Chicago by RoadCourse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse
No word on victims condition...but victim was flown to a Greenville, N.C. hospital.
Still working on more details.

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse
Victim was a 68 yr. old male.
Swimming in waste deep water about 25 ft. from shore.
Injuries include left lower torso and hip, lower left leg and both hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join