It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ART!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Second try at this.....
My abstract painting.....

romyross.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Wow...Those are incredible!

I espcially like Fire, Garden and The BLUE painting....awesome stuff....

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yay!
I am SO HAPPY that you like my art! Abstract is different to do then it looks....
I went to architecture school before I became an engineer (mechanical)....and both of this stuff is all about the LINES! (arch and line dwgs and mech dwgs)......
I took up the abstract painting on a whim, suggestion of a friend,....
and it really does utilize an OTHER section of the brain!
I encourage others to give it a try! It is alot of fun to do, plus frustrating! Not as easy as it looks! Much like acquiring a new lover.......

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think the side of the brain such talents require for me went missing after kindergarten....

The last thing I drew that I was half-way serious about was something I traced - lol

I have nothing but kudos for people such as yourself who have the natural artistic talent, the time and patience, and new and innovative ideas that keep our art scene fresh and alive! Especially abstract...it's such a broad genre - the scope of work you can call abstract ranges from one extreme to the other, but they all share that same quality....

Every stroke in your paintings seems to have a sharp contrast or blending qualities that seem to reflect off the canvas and glow....

Let us know if you update that page!

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I have to say firstly that I don't usually like abstract art. I prefer Mediaeval/Renaissance/Pre Raphaelite paintings.

That said, your paintings are actually the first pieces of abstract art that have managed to bring out some hidden memories from within my mind.
As soon as I saw Strawberries (before I even read the title) I could almost taste them on my tongue. And it was as if I could actually smell the acrid stench of being In The Chemical Fire. Meanwhile Garden took me right back to when I was a child.

Absolutely fascinating - and unique.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
See if I can get your image up here...(though the original link has other works it seems)

EDIT: damn, doesn't seem to work that way...you'd have to upload it here, then do as an image....

Personally, I've done both abstract and realistic. I can appreciate aspects of both. Most don't even realize that Picasso (Blue period in particular) has many realistic works as well. I haven't had the time to check out the other works on your link, but so far, I like the work....

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Thanks again all for the positive comments!
Gazrock, your stuff is really, really great! Everyone else too! I looked at the art on this thread, as well as links I've stumbled across via other threads. WOW!

If anyone's got some good "biz angle" advice (re-shows, getting an agent, etc.)
I would certainly appreciate it! (I am in Chicago). In the mean time, I try to keep painting! (the moods gotta strike though, one waits for the muse! Lack of ideas feels like the proverbial "writers block"!)

Happy, brain wracking creativity to all!

Romy (AKA Niki)

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
like the bottom one ( the contrasts of the 2 colours used )
its nice to look at

posted on Dec, 27 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
your art is beautiful, I love the vibrancy of the colors you choose to use and I like abstract, it makes you think

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Find out about local art fairs, (probably a ton of them in Chicago). Once you get a few paintings under your belt, join one of these, and have a booth or area to sell your work. Don't get discouraged if you don't sell... Your REAL objective is to meet the gallery owners that constantly go to these looking for their next flavor of the month. The hope is that one spots you, likes the work, and then wants you to do a gallery showing (where you can really rake in the dough, if you sell a few pieces, with a percentage going to the gallery of course).

This is kind of hard to do in my little market for me, but in Chicago, this should be a LOT easier....

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Good idea......the 'Art Fairs'........it never occurred to me that gallery owners would show up! Gallery people here seem like NY......lofty and unapproachable!
I am going to really focus on these fairs in the upcoming summer.
What I am doing now, since I created my page, is join all sorts of art groups on the net....you never know who may be looking! Also one can talk with fellow artists and 'network' and get ideas from them. Plus, its just great to see all the art out there! I offer this idea as a suggestion for others too.......lots of great sites on the net (I am on the Art Chicago group at Yahoo, and the Art group at Google)-- these sites have links too----to further sites you can interact with.
Art fairs, yes! My friend (who does J.Pollack style stuff) sold a few paintings at these at $700-1000 range. Never occurred to me that galleries might be scoping these out......great idea, thanx!

RR (Niki)

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Hmm.. I think they are all upside down.

Just kidding. They look great.

Surf

join