It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die Hard Plot Synopsis Found in Source Code for Jeb Bush Website

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
jeb2016.com...
Via twitter.
twitter.com...

What's that doing there?

n n n n n nn nn')]]),angular.module("hadoop.videos",["ui.router","service.title"]).config(["$stateProvider",a) [a.state("videos",[url:"/videos",controller:"VideosController",templateUrl:"videos/videos.html"]).state("videos.detail",[url:"/:id",contro ller:"VideosController",templateUrl:"videos/videos.html"])]]),angular.module("hadoop.videos").controller("VideosController",["$scope","$sta te","Title","VideosModel",a,b,c,d)[function e()[a.$emit("setHero",d.hero),a.currentVideo=_.find(d.videos,a)[return a.id===b.params.id]),a.currentVideo||(b.go("videos.detail",[id:d.videos[0].id]),a.currentVideo=d.videos[0]),a.videos=d.videos]e(),a.selectVideo=func tion(b)[a.currentVideo=b]]]),angular.module("hadoop.videos").factory("VideosModel",[)[return[hero:[type:"hero-half-height",image: "main",mainTitle:"videos_title",subTitle:"blank"],title:"Videos",videos:[[id:"die-hard",title:"Die Hard",subtitle:"Also starring Severus Snape.",url:"https://www.youtube.com/embed/QIOX44m8ktc",text:"The first film begins on Christmas Eve when McClane comes to reunite with separated wife Holly (Bonnie Bedelia) in Los Angeles at her company's Christmas party. Holly left to pursue her career with their two children, and uses her maiden name.At the fictional Nakatomi Plaza, East German terrorists break in and take the celebrants hostage. McClane escapes detection and hides throughout the building. He kills off the gang and learns their real aim, to steal millions in bearer bonds from the building vault. In the finale, McClane throws the terrorist leader, Hans Gruber (Alan Rickman), out the window to fall thirty stories."],[id:"die-hard-2",title:"Die Hard 2",subtitle:"Not that bad of a sequel.",url:"https://www.youtube.com/embed/OyxfXQ4MGLQ",text:"The second film takes place a year after the first, again on Christmas Eve. In Washington, D.C., McClane waits for his wife at Washington Dulles International Airport. Mercenaries led by former U.S. Army Special Forces Colonel Stuart (William Sadler) take over the airport communication systems, stranding planes in the air, including the one with McClane's wife. Colonel Stuart wants to free a captured Latin American dictator (Franco Nero) en route to the airport. McClane discovers the plan, including a conspiracy between Stuart and an Army counter-terrorist unit sent to stop him. He foils their plans and provides a visual landing signal for the circling aircraft by exploding the villains' getaway plane."],[id:"die-hard-with-a-vengeance",title:"Die Hard with a Vengeance",subtitle:"Also starring Samuel L. Jackson.",url:"https://www.youtube.com/embed/gQ0uSh2Hgcs",text:"In the third film, McClane is back in New York City, separated from his wife, suspended from the police force, and a borderline alcoholic. A terrorist known only as “Simon” (Jeremy Irons) threatens to blow up various locations in the city unless McClane will play his twisted version of Simon Says, riddles and challenges.Zeus Carver (Samuel L. Jackson), a shopkeeper from Harlem, saves McClane after the first challenge, and reluctantly continues to help. The FBI reveal Simon is the brother of Hans Gruber, killed in the first film. McClane learns revenge is a cover story for robbing the New York Federal Reserve. McClane tracks Simon to the Canadian border. In a helicopter, McClane kills Simon with a handgun and a power line."],[id:"live-free-or-die-hard",title:"Live Free or Die Hard",subtitle:"Another one 12 years later.",url:"https://www.youtube.com/embed/8Jz-8UcCiws",text:"The fourth film takes place on Independence Day, over a decade after Die Hard with a Vengeance. McClane is divorced, and estranged from his daughter Lucy (Mary Elizabeth Winstead). Cyber-terrorists hack into computers at the FBI, who send McClane to bring in computer hacker Matthew “Matt” Farrell (Justin Long) for questioning. Assassins hired by terrorist mastermind Thomas Gabriel (Timothy Olyphant) attempt to kill McClane and Farrell. Farrell tells McClane that the terrorists are actually in the middle of a “fire sale” — a crippling cyber-warfare attack on the national infrastructure: power, public utilities, traffic, and other computer-controlled systems. Although the terrorists capture Lucy and Farrell, McClane foils the criminals and saves the hostages."],[id:"a-good-day-to-die-hard",title:"A Good Day to Die Hard",subtitle:"Please God just let this franchise die.",url:"https://www.youtube.com/embed/0_0K7ZfU2e0",text:"The fifth film is set around five years later, mostly in Moscow, Russia and Chernobyl (Pripyat), Ukraine. McClane finds out that his estranged son John “Jack” McClane, Junior (Jai Courtney) was arrested in Moscow for murder. When he arrives at the Moscow courthouse for Jack, Russian terrorists bomb the building and Jack escapes with imprisoned ex-billionaire Yuri Komarov (Sebastian Koch). In an intense car chase, McClane pursues and saves the pair. Jack, unhappy at the unexpected arrival, reluctantly picks up his father.When they stop at a CIA safe house in Moscow, McClane learns Jack is a deep-cover CIA operative trying to get close to Komarov for his file that incriminates corrupt, high-ranking Russian official Viktor Chagarin (Sergei Kolesnikov). Chagarin's henchmen, led by his main enforcer Alik (Radivoje Bukvic), attack the safe house. McClane holds them off, and escapes with Jack and Komarov.They retrieve a key for the file in Chernobyl, and meet Komarov's daughter Irina (Yuliya Snigir). Irina betrays them to Alik. The McClanes escape, without Komarov. Jack explains Komarov and Chagarin were partners in stealing weapons-grade uranium from Chernobyl, but enemies after the Chernobyl incident.In Chernobyl, the McClanes learn Komarov wanted the weapons-grade uranium for himself, and killed Alik and Chagarin. Irina, always on the side of her father Komarov, tries to save him. McClane goes after Irina, while Jack chases her father. Jack throws Komarov off of the roof; he falls on the rotors of the helicopter and gets shredded to bits. When Irina tries to kill the McClanes, they jump into a pool of rainwater. Irina still crashes her helicopter into the building where they were, and dies in the explosion. The father and son walk away, reconciled."]]]]]),angular.module("hadoop.volunteer",["ui.router","service.title","localization"]).config(["$stateProvider",functio n(a)[a.state("volunteer",[url:"/volunteer",controller:"VolunteerController",templateUrl:"volunteer/volunteer.html"])]]),angular.module("hadoo p.volunteer").controller("VolunteerController",["$scope","$http","Title","HadoopModel","VolunteerModel","localizedTexts",a,b,c ,d,e,f)[function g()[a.$emit("setHero",e.hero)]g(),a.getVolunteerText=a)[return f[d.locale.value]["volunteer_text_"+a]]]]),angular.module("hadoop.volunteer").factory("VolunteerModel",[)[return[hero:[type:"hero-half -height",image:"email",mainTitle:"blank",subTitle:"blank"],title:"Volunteer"]]]);

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lol what the hell? That's certainly random...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheGozerian

Yippee yi yo ki yay JebBush

edit on 15-6-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Just checked that link and the die hard stuff isn't in the code....

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Groundhog day with yet another Bush would be more appropriate

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

You're right, I just looked too...

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Allegedly it was taken down within an hour. People do odd things like that sometimes to test content. Nothing odd, but funny I guess.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGozerian
jeb2016.com...
Via twitter.
twitter.com...

What's that doing there?

Giving me a headache at the moment

They got bored with "Lorem ipsum" I suppose.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Yeah I read that in the comments. the original post on Twitter is suspicious. It pretty easy to "inspect the code" when looking at site and cut and paste whatever into it for fun.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Pinke

Yeah I read that in the comments. the original post on Twitter is suspicious. It pretty easy to "inspect the code" when looking at site and cut and paste whatever into it for fun.

NYT Coverage:
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The synopses, which appear to have been copied from Wikipedia, are accompanied by commentary from the code's authors. The first film, for example, is described as "also starring Severus Snape" -- a reference to the actor Alan Rickman, who played the villain in "Die Hard" as well as Severus Snape in the "Harry Potter" films. Before the description of the fifth film, the code's authors write: "Please God just let this franchise die." The Bush campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment. While the "Die Hard" references feel out of place, it is not unusual for developers to leave inside jokes or hidden messages buried in website code. In fact, they're referred to as "Easter Eggs" in the programming community.
Before the description of the fifth film, the code's authors write: "Please God just let this franchise die."

CNN:
money.cnn.com...
edit on 16-6-2015 by TheGozerian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Just a web developer playing a joke. My final project in my Web Programming major involved me taking the intro speech of Babylon 5 for my CSS tags and putting them throughout the webpage so that it would read the season 4 intro in order.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I hate to break it to you, but those of us that write code for a living do actually get bored with our jobs - I've done similar things in the past, especially when it was a project for my friends (who are illiterate in terms of a programming language). The thing is: Unless you know about the source behind a page, you wouldn't even notice that the code was there.

What I got out of this mess of code was that the developer might have been testing out a video. The Video Model and VideoController point to MVC? Logic to play or display videos, and the part I'm curious about is the VolunteerController (maybe the page was only accessible if a particular user was on the page or logged in). However, naming a variable "Hero" is a little amusing in itself.

-foss

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I equate it to the guy at subway who draws pictures with the mayo as he puts it on your sandwich. It's pretty much the same thing.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Wish my sandwich guy over here would do that, as long as said picture wasn't offensive - When it's harmless stuff like that, it usually gives me a chuckle (I've been "Rick Rolled" while I went through someone's code that left the company. They left a youtube link in the comments, saying that it clearly explains some of the algorithm they used...Well, I clicked on it...and you know what the end result was).

My favorite find as of now was there was a long section of comments buried in the app, using a zombie analogy to explain why the code that was written doesn't actually fix the problem (something about if you cut the guys arm off, he lives because you prevented the infection. If you put a band-aid on it, then you have a zombie on your hands).

-foss

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It would seem this is the live system unless it came from someone inside. If it was live, that is not usually the place to test things since it is public facing. At least have it unlinked to the main pages.

Wonder who is building the site.

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

My all time favorite is putting in python scripts
import antigravity

posted on Jun, 18 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Some web programmer must be SERIOUSLY pissed at his boss or likes playing jokes on him.

ETA: Programmers hiding junk code and inside jokes (called easter eggs) isn't a new thing and has been going on since programs were first created.
edit on 18-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join