It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Billy Meier was telling us the truth? (he wasn't, he was lying, it's all a hoax)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What if Billy Meier was telling us the truth?

He wasn't, Jeff Ritzmann and every other critical thinker (myself included) who actually looked at the hoax and proved it is garbage are telling you the truth though...

The reason this thread is in the dread ATS HOAX Forum is because it's about a hoax that is so putrid and embarrassingly stupid ANY thread that is focused on it in any manner is placed here.

There are a few other hoaxes equally as despicable and or stupid that are dealt with the same way and that is the only thing special about the Meier case.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Yeah, but I missed being part of a discussion that delves into and explores this case. I don't want to read someone's analysis and study done years ago, I want to be part of a discussion on the present. I want to experience all the hmms, oohs, dohhss... in an interactive discussion about it.

But that's not possible on this particular topic here at this site. My exercise in coming to deny ignorance is met with - it's a hoax, deplorable "because I said so" - and it's even suggested that I'm stupid and distasteful for wanting to discuss the topic with this community. I'm instead told to look up the old threads that have been done before. Well that's a slap in the face, as to why I am active in the community. I'm here to have something to say, not to be told what to believe - on any topic.

CdT

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

The TRUTH hurts it was proved to be a hoax, why waste time, effort and bandwidth to rake over BS!

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I've yet to form any opinion on the case, as I only know cursory information. Someday I will one day find a discussion on a forum site willing to go through the process of intellectual discussion and collaborative research - so that I have the pleasure of studying the case from various mindsets interactively - and come to and form my own conclusion. Instead of being TOLD what to believe.

It's just not going to be here. Obviously. Here at ATS... well I'm not sure what this is, and I don't think I want to be any part of it. So I'll just bow out of discussing Billy Meier's at ATS at all. As per the wish of the site owners/managers.

CdT

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Dear CirqueDeTruth,

I share your disappointment, your interesting point of view of what is going on here. There can't be forbidden questions in a place in which supposedly the idea is to be open to discussion of anything and free expression of ideas, with the reasonable respect to norms of good communication and decorum.

The thread was never opened to defend Meiers case, that I believe is the real reason for which the thread was moved, according with the own words of Argyll one of the members that came here to reply exactly that.

The idea was to open a space of discussion of all the findings around this case, since not all was exposed at once, since the way this was discredited was gradually thanks to different teams that devoted work to do it. Now, I even posted links to attack the claims of Billy Meier, so that is a proof of my objectivity on the topic.

Other important reason to open the thread is precisely because there are many people that is much younger than Springer or other old members of the ATS UfO forum that don't know anything on the case, for the simple reason that they were born after it.

Before to open the thread I read an article in which Matthew Wieczkiewicz, a NASA engineer, who supported NASA projects like Space Shuttle, International Space Station, working for Boeing and Honeywell - endorses the Swiss UFO contactee Billy Meier, partners with They Fly Productions for public presentations.

The article is just from March of 2014 and it is still posted in the web in a lot of paranormal sites around the world, here are some links.

www.prweb.com...

www.theyfly.com...

Before is News about Billy Meier endorsement by NASA Scientists

www.redorbit.com... /

Other article I found in the web claims that Kenneth Smith, the Director of Operations at Orbital Launch System Group (Ret) and Dr. Jill Tarter of SETI, also endorsed its authenticity.

www.prnewswire.com...

he isn't alone. Respected scientists like Michael Mailn (NASA, Mars Mission) and David Froning long ago recognized the authenticity of Billy Meier's UFO evidence and the importance of his information on hyperspace propulsion.

Scientific Experts’ Comments on Meier’s Evidence

Those articles caught my attention and well I decide to post the thread to recall an entire chapter of the History of Ufology, in spite of it was a hoax or not.

It is just needed to analyze the number of documentaries that were inspired on it, and that are still posted in web in very public sites like youtube, that are not under the control of Meier organization, to see all the people that were involved in working on its analysis, so there is no way deny that the case really caught the attention of the entire world for a while, in particular experts on the Ufo phenomon.

I come from an academic environment where there is no punishment to ask questions about topics that science has long time showed do not correspond to the truth.

We know the so many Gods of the Greek Mythology are perfectly inexistent, the deities of the native americans are not the explanation of the way the forces of nature work, but that does not mean Homer or the Prehispanic myths are forbidden to be studied. We know the epicycles of Ptolemy are not the correct explanation of the apparent orbit of the planets in the sky, so the center of the universe is not the earth. We know there is no spontaneous generation of life, or that there is no life in mars or that the channels on that planet are natural formations, we know the laws of Newton are a rough approximation of the motion of objects, that they don't work at speed light.

Nevertheless, all those are topics that are treated in the classes of any University around the world, as part of the History of science, Literature, anthropology and human thinking.

I never have read any author saying that Homer was a hoax maker that embarrass the History of Greece because he invented the ancient Mythology from his own head, or that Ptolomy must be excluded at all to be published in our days, or That Jonathan Swift or Lewis Carol works deserve to be send to the trash can, as putrid lies, because well no body has found lands in which the people are one inch tall or giants as tall as a building, and of course who can cross a mirror to enter in other dimension?

As a matter of fact the entire History of Literature is precisely an exercise of imagination by the way, and nobody is claiming that is an stupidity to even read books that we know by sure are fiction.

Let me finish posting here the link of History Channel devoted to talk about the case of Billy Meier, as an evidence that this topic actually made History and must be treated as something probably false but relevant.

www.history.com...

There are many different ways to react with respect to aspects of the reality we don't like and in this case unfortunately I think the negativism is prevailing over anything else.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 6/17/2015 by the angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yeah, but I missed being part of a discussion that delves into and explores this case. I don't want to read someone's analysis and study done years ago, I want to be part of a discussion on the present. I want to experience all the hmms, oohs, dohhss... in an interactive discussion about it.

Who said you can't discuss Meir here at ATS?......the thread is rightly in the hoax forum but nobody has deleted it.....who's stopping the discussion?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer putrid and embarrassingly stupid

i see this a lot on ATS lately.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008 The TRUTH hurts

and how.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You expect too much. Why would any of us who have already wasted many hours, days, weeks, on this utter bollocks go through it all again when all you have to do is read what's been done?

You want us all to go through it again because you weren't around back then and you want to "be part of a discussion"?

Really?

Well discuss it all you want just don't demand any of us who have already laid it in the rubbish pile of history to participate OR acknowledge any of it as useful.

It is a HOAX, it is rubbish and that's all it can ever be.

Nobody is suggesting you're stupid.

It's just that what you want sounds like someone who would think they can hold a 5' long metal spike outside, in their hand, in a lightening storm and not expect to get electrocuted just because they weren't around when Ben Franklin discovered electricity..

ETA:

Your crying that you're "being told" what to believe or "are allowed to discuss" is, well, just bizarre...

You actually allow what you read online to dictate what you will or won't believe?

Do you see anyone stopping this discussion?

Nobody is "telling" you anything here.

We're simply sharing what we learned through years of effort with you in the hope it will help you decide what's what IN YOUR OWN manner based on facts rather than B.S.

Stop with the dramatics already.
edit on 6-17-2015 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

PRECISELY

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Here you go, 81 pages of Billy Meier discussion from 2007

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Should be plenty of oohs and ahhs in there..

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Thanks Chadwickus...

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I still believe.

I totally agree that according to modern understanding that the case is a hoax but if one wants truth that comes from other understanding then they would need to meet me in skunk works.

There are very many topics and ideas that have been proven a hoax by scientific methods yet science has not admitted or have not yet made contact with others so billy will not be givin any credit by science because imagination land is no place for science.

step one is to believe even when belief is commonly suspended.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
It is the feckin principle that got my goat,

So the principle of calling a hoax a hoax has got your goat? Why?

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Jonjonj
It is the feckin principle that got my goat,

So the principle of calling a hoax a hoax has got your goat? Why?

Because he wasn't around for the discussions that (rightfully) led to it being dubbed a hoax, and wants everyone to waste their time going through it all yet again, rather than simply read through the research that has already been done. Apparently.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

but knowing how vigorously misinformation is employed against things and stories like this, it could all be true.

Bingo

Anytime there's a rush to debunk something like this, I see a red flag and deem it worth looking into.
Yes that means it could all be true indeed. It's one thing to leave a single post and say "well I don't buy Billy's story" complete with reasoning included, but it's another to vehemently attack the subject with repeated posts rejecting the story. A lot of times I see these posts and I think ok, we heard you already. You would think that it was a members mother being attacked and slandered or something.

It's one of those things that makes you go hummm.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

So if I were to make a thread claiming the Easter Bunny was real, and people were quick to rush in saying "don't be stupid, the Easter Bunny isn't real!", then it would be worth looking into, by your logic....

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

So if I were to make a thread claiming the Easter Bunny was real, and people were quick to rush in saying "don't be stupid, the Easter Bunny isn't real!", then it would be worth looking into, by your logic....

It irks me to death when people try to compare the UFO/ET phenomenon to obvious folkloric fictitious figures.

Come on dude. Do Easter Bunnys have:
Millitary officials reporting on confrontations with the Air Force?
An area of study dedicated to them like ufology?
A history of involvement detailed by ancient civilizations in their respective texts?

I could go on but I think you get the picture.
Foolishness like this needs to stop....seriously.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

That isn't at all the analogy he meant. Hundreds of thousands of people don't report seeing the easter bunny do they?
give it a rest and move on.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You two were pretty quick to shut him down, I'm starting to think there might be something to this Easter bunny after all.

Youtube has about 88,300 results for "Easter bunny is real." That must mean something, right?

I suppose you're going to tell me this is a CGI rabbit.

edit on 6 17 2015 by CosmicRay because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join