It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Billy Meier was telling us the truth? (he wasn't, he was lying, it's all a hoax)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Having dealt with Wendelle Stevens decades ago before he went to prison, I can affirm that he was not a honest person.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Aliensun

I don't understand.
HOW can ONLY the hostile aliens succeed?

They would be no more "hostile" than our government--not that that comparison should be comforting.
Everybody always wants the ETs to be on human terms. It just ain't that way. And therein is the problem of humans meeting ETs: Like ants at the foot of Gods (or anteaters).

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
To get it clear once and for all:

If an alien entity wants a change to mankind and the world (and not deliver "humbug") there's no reason for a single Billy Meier. There would have been many more Billy Meiers at the same time all over the world, all claiming the same messages and with similar proofs. Didn't happen. Case closed.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It's 2015 and people are still making Billy Meier threads...

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: the angel of light

And if you can think outside the box in a universe far, far away, you may wonder if past religious leaders were not made to be the personages that they became. We can call Billy a misfire. Some of us folks they choose are less than perfect specimens for bringing others to the fold.

Then you may wonder if just perhaps the ETs have such a handle on human needs that they would be quite happy if a religion holding the ETs in high esteem might not be--and always was--their driving goal. They just need to hit the right cord in the human psyche.

Few people ever want to think about ETs being here to change us into better creatures at our own expense.

I suggest that people read my first line of my signature on my post and put some thought into it.
edit on 16-6-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: the angel of light

since not every hoaxer claims role of prophet, starts an organization, involve a lot of people in other countries, publish his own sacred book and collects memberships successfully

there's certainly a variety of motivations for fabricating stories - meier was travelling a well worn path though (a lot older than ufology) - and i can think of at least one prominent contemporary individual your description matches pretty closely

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicRay

It's 2015 and people are still making Billy Meier threads...

it's the people who reply to them that are really tragic

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: aynock

Well, I can add that Unfortunately Meier was never arrested, jailed or even charged of any crime, so technically he remains clean in records, as far as I know.

Now, about his Talmud of Immanuel book, this comes to my attention.

The text has a clear anti-Christian leaning, denying most of the central Christian teachings and putting words to that effect in Jesus’ mouth.

This is even more outspoken in Meier’s own commentary to the text, where he expresses abject hate for the Christian religion, accusing churches of being power-hungry, ruthless, loveless, bloodthirsty oppressors. In Meier’s opinion, the purpose of the Bible is to hide the real truth about Jesus and fool people into obedience for ecclesiastical authorities, whereas the real Jesus was the son of a human woman and a space alien.

Several passages in the text are obviously intended to explain away certain Christian ideas, e.g. the story of Saulus and his conversion which is dealt with at length in this “original gospel” whereas the story actually belongs in the Acts of the Apostles, written by Luke. Other characteristics of the text are also typical for hoaxes, e.g.

•Jesus travelled to India before his work in Palestine.
•Jesus did not die on the cross.
•After fleeing the grave, Jesus again travelled to India.
•The Essenes are said to be a secret order. (Here, they seek to enroll Jesus who declines to join.)
•Jesus preaches reincarnation.

There are plenty of anachronisms, e.g.

•“The laws of nature”, a concept formulated in renaissance times.
•“The horn-bearing kings” denotes the peoples of Scandinavia, later Vikings — who did not wear horns at all.
•“Five hundred million” and other large numbers occur; ancient texts never mention such large numbers, anything beyond a hundred thousand or so is “a myriad” or “countless as the stars”.
•The appearance of Muhammed is predicted, by name. He will appear in 500 years from now, says Jesus. This is radically different from all OT and NT prophecies which are never that precise. The prophecies about Jesus, for instance, do not say anything about the time distance from the prophecy to its fulfillment, nor do they give his name or address. Clearly, this is a prophecy after the event.
•Other prophecies after the event are abundant, e.g. the Second World War and bomb planes.

questionyourreality.wordpress.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 6/16/2015 by the angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AVoiceOfReason

We need the Collective Imagination Authority!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: the angel of light
Skepticism is something that is inherent to the human spirit, it is like our psychological system of self protection to avoid to be fooled by others

Well no...skepticism is a defence mechanism that decends from knowledge combined with fear.
It's not inherent because it's a combination of knowledge.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Tragic are you?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

In early 1980s one of the most interesting and better documented UFO cases was fully published,

Which has been proven to be a hoax several times over.

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but it's in the hoax forum now.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

It doesn't aswer the question,how is it beneovolence is impotent.
I am kind to animals,THEY aren't on the level of humanity.
SO what about NON service to self beings?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

Tragic are you?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

In early 1980s one of the most interesting and better documented UFO cases was fully published,

Which has been proven to be a hoax several times over.

Sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but it's in the hoax forum now.

We need the Collective Imagination Authority!

And just like that you materialized!

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: real_one

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Billy Meier has been completely and thorougly debunked so many times it's not funny. Do you really need me to dig up the links, cause I will....

Yes, dig up the links.

BTW, do you ever sleep ?!?!

How do you manage to be the first poster in almost every thread all day long?

That's his job. He get paid by the post.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FinalCountdown

originally posted by: real_one

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Billy Meier has been completely and thorougly debunked so many times it's not funny. Do you really need me to dig up the links, cause I will....

Yes, dig up the links.

BTW, do you ever sleep ?!?!

How do you manage to be the first poster in almost every thread all day long?

That's his job. He get paid by the post.

Man, I wish! Apparently, they forgot to even put me on the payroll, as it's been 5 years and I'm still waiting on my first check.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Man, I wish! Apparently, they forgot to even put me on the payroll, as it's been 5 years and I'm still waiting on my first check.

I'll have a word....Dave in payroll's been sick...there's a backlog

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Thanks. Does back pay work the same as overtime pay?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance

Thanks. Does back pay work the same as overtime pay?

Don't be stupid......some people are still seeing skulls instead of rocks!

Dave says work harder and he'll do you time and a tenth.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join