It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Spirit Rover anomaly. The ONLY anomaly I find of any interest on Mars....of true interest.

page: 5
53
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: amazing


But you don't know...you can't really be 99.9% sure. I'm not 99.9% sure that it is artificial. Since we don't have boots on the ground all we have are these pics to scour through and look for anomalies. That's what we're doing. It could very well be a natural rock/combination of rocks/sand...we don't know, but there is a possibility that it is something more...I think it's a good possiblity that there was life on Mars much more evolved than bacteria or such....


I said 99.9% sure because i cant be sure.

Thats not my point, calling people foolish because they dont believe is wrong, belittling people because they disagree is wrong, simply because the evidence presented is not conclusive.

I just think there has to be a balance between belief and scepticism and both sides should understand the others position without belittling each other.

Is all


Agreed. Only want to add that you saying 99.9% it's a rock, is almost like calling those of us that think otherwise...especially me, since I never said 100% of anything...just like you said...it belittles those of us that believe it could be something else. Perhaps framing your statements in a way that leaves us amateur archaeologists a little room to post these without feeling like we're being insulted would be good.



Some one else's opinion doesn't instantly belittle yours. It's you being too sensative and shows an obvious lack of conviction on your personal beliefs. That said we should be logical about these things and 99% chance it is just a rock, but that still leaves 1%... More then enough to actually be something.


Thanks.

I have conviction though, but don't want this turning into an insult thread. Sometimes "skeptics" come across like they know for certain that, in this case, something is a rock. Most likely it is.

But as was said earlier, there are many scientists that think that Mars could have harbored life for millions of years. That's more than enough time, just for one example, for intelligent life, similar to ours to have evolved. Maybe, again, not likely but entirely possible.

Until we get boots on the ground, most likely from private explorers like Mars one or Elon Musk, we'll never know for sure and all we have are these pics to scour. Of course we're looking for that evidence so we are looking for Rocks to look like statues etc. Not Periodilia (spelling) per say, but good archaeological investigation.

I'm also a very, very, very amateur geologist in the sense that I'm also interested in the 'actual" rocks as well.




posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I thought the skull looked more like a helmet, but its a rock, I can see that now.... (Sarc)



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Rock formation?...unlikely, but possible. Imo, I've seen rock trickery before. This doesn't seem like a rock to me. I need someone to dissect this whole picture



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is it so hard to believe that there may have been life on Mars hundreds of thousands of years ago? People seem to make others look like fools when dicussing anything organic, past or present. Even scientists agree that Mars was probably much like earth at one time, leading me personally to believe that at least primitive life was there at some point.

I dont know what i see in this pic, it does look strange even from distance, but it could just be part of the natural landscape. Thing is unless you actually went and picked it up, no one can say for sure what it is.



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I find the theory that maybe we are the martians,or rather descendents of an anceint race, to be rather interesting. I'd love to read more about some of these Mars anomalies.



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bladebrown




Rock formation?...unlikely, but possible. Imo, I've seen rock trickery before. This doesn't seem like a rock to me.


We know for a FACT that there are millions of rocks on Mars of all shapes and sizes...that is a 100% fact.

Yet you think it "unlikely" that this is a rock?....why?....because it bears a resemblance to something that we might see on Earth?

Try googling "odd shaped rocks" and see what you come up with



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I've seen this picture pass me by in the past. It was an interesting topic.
I remember the time I put up a thread about a canister that I thought seeing on Mars, until the rover drove around it and took shots from different angles.

My whole theory got sacked , and you know what I was glad to see that NASA also got interested in the same object as I pointed out.

I still believe Mars has hidden ruins and artifacts of an ancient civilization buried in tons of eroded Martian sands.
It's not something I can proof but something I feel..



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

yeah a very interesting one in the line up, there are of course other images just as ''obvious'' as this one out there, another poster hit the nail so to speak, the broken piece most certainly appears to be the lower part of the skull/jaw or rock as some would say either way that piece most certainly fits the bill.




posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1




I still believe Mars has hidden ruins and artifacts of an ancient civilization buried in tons of eroded Martian sands. It's not something I can proof but something I feel..


Why?.....why do you "feel" that something is hidden under tons of sand on a planet millions of miles away?

Maybe you are just caught up in the romance of the fact that we sent a vehicle to that planet, snapped some landscape photo's, and some of them showed rocks that looked a little bit like some of the stuff we have back on Terra Firma?

I am firmly in the camp that if NASA ever finds evidence of life on Mars or any other planet they will be fist bumping the media and shouting it out from the roof tops!



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Agreed. The minute they are able to conclusively make such an announcement, their budget will increase exponentially.
edit on 6/16/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Argyll
a reply to: 0bserver1




I still believe Mars has hidden ruins and artifacts of an ancient civilization buried in tons of eroded Martian sands. It's not something I can proof but something I feel..


Why?.....why do you "feel" that something is hidden under tons of sand on a planet millions of miles away?

Maybe you are just caught up in the romance of the fact that we sent a vehicle to that planet, snapped some landscape photo's, and some of them showed rocks that looked a little bit like some of the stuff we have back on Terra Firma?

I am firmly in the camp that if NASA ever finds evidence of life on Mars or any other planet they will be fist bumping the media and shouting it out from the roof tops!



posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EnlightenedMoose

I don't think they would tell us. In a perfect world our country would believe in being open and honest with their citizens. Unfortunately we all know that is not the case. I don't think the idea is so far fetched. We are still uncovering lost civilizations in our own backyard. It is mankind's (and womankind) to wonder and romanticize the possibility of lost worlds. If it weren't in our nature to explore and ask ridiculous questions, we would have none of the great discoveries that we do today.



posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Very old, said before many times.. It's just a rock.. go back to sleep.



posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I totally agree with you about the forbidden archeology.



posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: nito92
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I totally agree with you about the forbidden archeology.

Interesting. Which parts?



posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think that if we are ever to find contemporary life on Mars it will be deep in the chasms of valles marinaris where liquid water has a chance to stay liquid and warmer.



posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: funbox


LOLOL



posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
OMG! This made top headline!?

I've lost all confidence in ATS.



posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

I'm not the only one who think that , there's this professor Benner who said "


That the Red Planet was a better place to kick-start biology billions of years ago than the early Earth 


So if that's a plausible theory , I find it hard to imagine that only bacteria crossed space from the Martian surface to Earth.. I think the search on Mars has something to do with the discovery of ancient archeology and biology. .



posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

That's a pretty extreme idea, not having any evidence whatsoever to back it up....



new topics




 
53
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join